1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Variety is the spice of the Universe 1.0.1.1 for Enraged Koala

Over 50+ new biomes, 10+ new weather types, new music & more

1. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

nah, just add flat versions of planets

2. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Be sure to disable meteor showers on flat planets, though.

3. Sybreal

Sybreal Void-Bound Voyager

I tried playing a character after I uninstalled this mod but it crashes as soon as I get ingame. A new character works fine. Is there anything I can do?

Edit: Fixed it. If anyone has this problem just clear out everything in the universe file except for playerquests, coxed, questplanetseeds, and access control.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  4. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

You should remove it. There is already barren biome and it is quite flat.

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
  5. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I liked it. How about some new "Flatiworlds"?

6. Capt_slowpoke

Capt_slowpoke Phantasmal Quasar

I think I've got custom blocks/converting blocks to the new system pretty much figured out, let me know you need help. Really excited to see you got interested in it again!

7. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Any update on whether this will be included into Frackin' Flora? Please, please, please don't let this mod die completely.

8. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Several months, is my guess. Both are BIG mods. But once they're actually DONE... it will all be worth it. I'm pretty sure the guy doing FF will be picking up Variety.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  9. DarthTrethon

I wonder hot it'll work....I know that since the last stable CF said they fixed the game to where every planet will be a certain distance from its sun depending on the biome, no idea if all these new biomes(67 total between the two mods?) will be affected by that or not.

10. StarboundElite

StarboundElite Big Damn Hero

Is the Umbra planet rare? I've looked a lot over all of the sectors to no avail while I had the latest patch of the game.

11. Capt_slowpoke

Capt_slowpoke Phantasmal Quasar

The system is completely broke. I'm helping out with FF and it's a HUGE amount of work just getting the files into the correct format without any tools but a text editor. And that's not even touching the biome stuff. Multiple people have been working simultaneously on just FF for several weeks and it's still not ready, so I wouldn't get too impatient.

This is still easily my most missed mod though...

12. DarthTrethon

I found a few.....I was tempted to build a secret base deep underground on one of them too but I doubt I'll do any serious building until 1.0 is out and there will hopefully be no more universe wipes.

No I'm not impatient, I just wanted to make sure it's not being abandoned completely, that's all. If this, FF and MadTulip's mod all make it to the release version of the game I'll be happy even if it takes months.

13. Aegis J Hyena

Months at the very least; I never used FF but from what I understand it's a gigantic mod.

14. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

It is, it adds a lot of different biomes and then you've got the crafting, holy cow the crafting. The new upgradable ships will be something most FF users will love because of all the crafting stations added by FF.

15. Timo3681

Timo3681 Void-Bound Voyager

Variety is the spice of the universe does not work on upbeat giraffe stable.

16. DarthTrethon

Yes, we all know that. @Dracyoshi said he is working on it but it is a huge mod......it will take time to update.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Well, if he needs help, all the FF biomes are working perfectly fine now via the new patch system and without conflicts or crashes.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  18. Aegis J Hyena

I thought you were picking it up because he burned out.

19. DarthTrethon

He changed his mind and decided to keep working on VitSotU, last mentioned getting one biome up and running but that progress was slow.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I am , but wasn't certain I needed to still since he was posting until recently saying he had started converting it over.

It's easy-peasy to add his stuff in, now. So, if he says "screw it" and loses interest I will gladly absorb Visotu. It's not hard to do (10 minutes per biome, give or take. I can live with that)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015