1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) beta 1.7.1 (+ mod)

A large military frigate for people willing to play human and nomadic lifestyle...

1. Velornar

Velornar Pangalactic Porcupine

Normally there is now a build for every race, unless you remove one of the folders in "ships", I will check if there is a problem on the build, wich race are you trying to use ?

2. Abbadon.6594

Abbadon.6594 Void-Bound Voyager

i tried it as human. But im not sure if i deleted something from ships...
    how i can i prove? or what do i do when i did and dont remember?
    the standart ship is still loading

3. wotikins

wotikins Big Damn Hero

can you update this to 1.0?

4. Velornar

Well, i'm a bit busy for the moment. Some things dont seems to work.
    I would prefer to finish a few fixing an the addition of the lockers, science station assets I'm working on currently...instead of just posting the same current version as an update, because a few things like teleporters have changed, and I have the layout to fix because of this for exemple.
    I also have to aknowledge a few things about the new workshop ^^
    Dont worry, I will update and fix the other few graphic problem I'm still finding currently in the next few days...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  5. CBWX

CBWX Pangalactic Porcupine

will a teleporter be added t this ship? or does it have one and i'm not seeing it? i ask because the teleporter is a little bit more important now.

6. Checkmate

Checkmate Space Hobo

Just an FYI, this seems to be bugged for crew in 1.0. I'm incapable of hiring new crew, because the ship always thinks I already have the max.

7. Velornar

Yes, this ship is not currently playable in 1.0, with all features as it is, but dont worry, I just have to fix a few things.
    I have currently made the design for science station, doors, and science station (fuel hatch I still have to do...).
    And the invisible background blocks are actually to be tested.
    For the crew, maybe I will have to also make some modification in the main patch file...
    I have got in the idea in the future to modify the intro mission, and make the design as a huge placeble object, If we still cant make ship land on planets, even shuttles (if its even possible)...
    PS: please be patient for the moment, I also recommand, since its a quite cheaty ship for the moement, to finish the game at least once before using it^^

8. CBWX

CBWX Pangalactic Porcupine

ok thanks for the reply ^^

9. DerwandelndeTod

DerwandelndeTod Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, I've tested it thoroughly in 1.0, and it seems to work. here's a list of things I've noticed.

-The Teleporter is bugged. it was changed to have a bigger model, and it doesn't fit in it's original space. I suggest the room at the bottom right of the second vertical corridor as a transporter room,

-with the new intro, the ship you get to flee earth in is still the normal human ship. It would be awesome to either have the giant ship in some gigantic shipyard (but also a little ridiculous), or, if it is changeable, make the ship you escape earth in some kind of shuttle.

-the entire aft section of the ship is slightly laggy. I suspect there's some kind of memory hog there.

-the small lockers right of the spawnpoint are part of the backroom, and covered by panels. I placed my own lockers there, but it would be cool if actual lockers spawned there, along with a fix for the background.

-the screens in the back room of the bridge have wall panels behind them that cover up a lot of space.

-I'm not sure if lifts are possible now, but it would be awesome to have turbolifts in the vertical corridors.

-if you wire the sliding doors that come with the ship as it is, and upgrade, the wiring will be nonfunctional, and you have to replace it.

that i all I've found, but there may be more.

I also have an idea for the locked rooms. in the beginning, make only the main bridge, the fuel hatch room and the SAIL room acessible. the other doors could be static objects that are replaced with real ones as you upgrade. from then on, upgrades unlock more and more rooms, until with T-8 all rooms are unlocked, all lights are fixed, and all platforms are cleaned.

But honestly, I still love this mod.it's the best ship if you play living on your ship with FU. enough space for everything, very good looking backdrops, and an awesome backstory. thanks for this.

10. Velornar

Yes, I'm aware of this; but i'm blocked, I cannot continue continue updating because some things dont work, and I have no idea why (boosters, and the invisible block that are supposed to be used as default background blocks).
    I have made a custom teleporter that fit the size of the rooms, custom lockers, doors and science station (that fit better the color chart of the ship) but I cant test it, since those last two things make starbound crash before...
    For the intro mission, now, in the first tiers, intead of having a damaged frigate to repair, you have your damaged ship attached to the sas of the frigate for the first tiers if everything would work normally...
    I'm not a real modder, and this project is becoming too difficult for my poor knowledge of modding...
    Yes, I will only make some rooms available in a tiered version, but I want to keep another free version, where you only upgrade the size of the crew (FU require a lot of space, I even figured out that there isnt even place to cultivate one of any available plant of the mod ^^).
    for the lockers, its just something I forgot to spawn...
    And I cant find any help on the forum for unknown reason, certainly because of my very approximative english...
    For the turbolift, I dont think I could spawn those directly with tiers upgrade, but I have as a project to ave some kind of horizontal jeffries tubes to permit a similar installation.
    I know i'm missing the release hype, but I also dont have a lot of time every day to work on it...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  11. Velornar

Ok, guys, i'm sorry, there are things beyond my knowledge, and since I cant find help anywhere, the devellopment of this mod is stopped officially, until I acquire more knowledge, or anything...
    Or maybe forever, because all i can do is graphic work (and even tho, I'm not an artist), code is a pain, I dont know anything even with the unofficial modding book, anything could just refuse to work for a comma displaced of a single space in a whole sheet...
    And i'm blocked with the blockkey patch that is good for JSOn patch tester, but not for the game for an unknown reason unspecified by error logs.
    All my apologizes, but this struggling eats too much of my time (havent even played starbound for a while even at its release). Good luck...

I leave here the most progressed version of the intent to update the mods, as free stuff for eventual modders.

Attached Files:

TheFloranChef likes this.
  12. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

This could be the best ship in terms of interior design and space. There is even a hangar for the explorer pods. :)

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the exterior design, but I appreciate that people are making mods like this.

Anyway, I'll use the logistics frigate for now. But I hope one day this mod is available.

13. Velornar

in fact, im trying for the moment to just make a less ambitious version. Because whatever I try concerning tiles, specific objects etc, nothing ever work...
    All i could do for the moment is just to add several early tiers, like the first one with daaged racial ship docked...
    Even the invisible tiles that are supposed to make an invisible background are not working and spawn weird perfectly generic block instead, while there is apparently no mistakes in the files themselves.
    My biggest problem is still no one is able to help me on the forum, so i'm blocked.
    So yes, dont expect anything soon, I'm also very busy irl, and modification require several days...

14. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

That is sad. Unfortunately I don't know much about modding. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to find a problem when all the files look good. But I hope you figure it out.

That Absolution ship that looks like this one is cool too. I'll eventually have more than one character and it'd be nice to have thematic ships. All part of the same Empire.

15. Velornar

Velornar updated USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) with a new update entry:

Late Starbound release build and transparency.

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

can you give a .shipworld download from your character?

17. Velornar

well, why, anythting doesnt work ?
    I only made test character from now, I havent really played starbound all this time, time to start for me ...
    If its about the large picture displayed on the thread, sorry but this shipworld is wiped, and definitly broken, but you could do the same thing with a few mods like FU, avali etc...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  18. otisjasmodeus

otisjasmodeus Subatomic Cosmonaut

muahahahaha, now I have my favorite warship again. Now to transfer everything off my current ship and offload it onto this thing :)

19. Velornar

Argh, already a bug, the pet dont seem to spawn...hopefully there is a mod to choose your pet, but i need to investigate why and fix this.
    PS: ok, nope, dont mind, I'm just stupid, i had from workshop purchasable pet from The Suit x)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  20. Velornar

Velornar updated USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) with a new update entry:

Some frigate related stuff, minor fixes and a mod to move essential ship parts...

Read the rest of this update entry...