1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) beta 1.7.1 (+ mod)

A large military frigate for people willing to play human and nomadic lifestyle...

1. Velornar

Velornar Pangalactic Porcupine

Hum, I wasnt aware of this, thanks for the clarification...I though there were some specific files to write to make mods compatible with IOS.

About the mod, I'm not sure to be able to update it soon, because I simply cannot run starbound long enough with my old laptop to make the necessary testings. But I will try, at least to update the design in the meantime, sorry if the mod is not very compatible for the moment with the last version.

2. Vertria

Vertria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the way the ship looks... and the inspiration of the ship...

The only issue I have is I can't figure out how to make it work with a custom race (Felins).

Nothing I've tried works across the board when it comes to stuff like that. Have tried so hard that it's given me a headache. >_<

Help, please? :3

3. Velornar

I'm currently working on the embetterment of the version and its appliction to the last version. Seems that at the end, I will make it available for all races as default. At start I made this ship because would like to play human and the compensate a bit the boring side of the classic side, but its no longer a valid though.
    for your problem; its not the first time I have to solve this problem before. I will find a tutorial, but I have to update the mod first...because its currrently not completely working (regarding colonies). Once its finished, I will be able to help you...

edit: I'm currently rushing the story to determine whats is needed to make this mod work in the last giraffe version.
    But basicly, if you want to make this ship playable with felin race, got a little tutorial there.
    First, if its for a new character; in the usspolaris/ships/ folder, copy one of the race's folder available (currently only humans and novakids) and rename it with the name of the race (here "felin").
    Then open the folder and rename every "raceTx.structure" files replacing the name of the race by felin.
    Next step, in the felins race main folder, in felin/ships; delete all files and pictures, excepted the "blockkey.config" file (its the most important, because it need to be patched and contain the data to decode the shipblock.png maps of the ship general structure for each tiers structure).
    Then close everything and run the game, this should work with the last giraffe version.
    For an existing character, you will have to backup everything in you last ship, leave the game, erase the ship files in the race mod folder (except blockkey.config), delete your shipworld file (and make a save, you could find it in the giraffe_storage/player folder...there may be mutiple ones if you have got multiple characters). install the modified usspolaris mod, modified. launch the game, start your charater.
    If nothing appear. Use admin command. Enter in admin mode by typing /admin in the chat box, then /spawnitem shipTx (with the mouse cursor on an open space, to not make the item spawn in the wall), where x is the tiers required...
    I hope it was quite helpfull if there any mistake, problem, leave a message here ^^

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  4. treenewbee

treenewbee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still waiting for new version

5. Velornar

sorry, I havent had the time last week...and my old computer is almost dead, I cant play starbound for the moment and see what changes are needed for ship mods with the last updates of the game...
    I hope to get a better computer next month, but I cant do anything ecept maybe asking some help on the forum, but I wont be able to check if the changes I make are functionnals; All my apologizes :/

6. treenewbee

Dont be that , Nothing worth the apologizes . You cost your private time to the mod and it makes us to have more enjoyments . We should say thank you . Since you had some problems in reality . So forgot the mod till everything goes well .

7. Velornar

The year is almost over, and I had finally sometime to breath this month.
    Moreover, I have got a formidable computer now (car run almost every game at 60 fps, max graphics), so I can run Starbound and massive ship mods correctly now.
    I have a bit lengthened the rear part (a real enginering room was missing, and warp nacelles were not big enough compared to the ship size).
    Here are some preview pictures; I would like to have your feedback, because I must make sure to not modifiy large parts in the future, otherwise it would be difficult to make early tiers and the wrecked version durable).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I would like to know if there are some things I should embetter.
    Like adding a whole new deck, structures like jeffries tube from star trek (even if our characters cant actually walk on their knees), or even a whole carrier deck, that would require massives changes, and even better computer configuration to make it less laggy ^^

8. Wedge_Antilles

Wedge_Antilles Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think that jeffries tube and new decks are necessary, ship is already awesome in every possible way.

9. Velornar

Thats understandable, but I posted also on reddit, and I got a few feedbacks that suggest more things could be done ^^
    From my point of view, I would also rather not add more rooms, because the ships should be extended then to a three pictures model, wich could be a major obstacle for most computers, unless the 1.0 solve lags issues. If not, I will split the devellopment in this frigate, and make a real destroyer class inspired from those in Babylon 5 serie, with a flight deck.
    Apparently, some rooms needs to be darkened a bit and the exterior even more lightened to distinguish exterior from exterior even better (I thouht blue contours would be sufficient).
    I will aso have to draw a real front deflector dish, enlarge the comlink cuppola, and move some rooms to other places...but its not urgent, many things could changes in ship modding btween now and 1.0
    oh..;and embetter the pilot room, wich is apparently too small...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  10. treenewbee

Oh ! You were finally appeared ! I thought you had given up . I am so happy now!

11. Velornar

Velornar updated USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) with a new update entry:

Extending the design...

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Velornar

Velornar updated USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) with a new update entry:

Punished by Kluex

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Ridge106

Ridge106 Void-Bound Voyager

Could i offer a suggestion? maybe a large gun on the front end of the ship. You have a small one there right now, but what if you made a bigger one? Kind of like the MAC cannons in the Halo universe. Otherwise, the ship looks really cool! cant wait until it is completely finished!

14. Velornar

Any suggestion is always nice ^^
    I will certainly in the next month enlarge the ship to introduce a few corridors for easier circulation, or modifiy some parts, and then I could use an empty space in the front part to make this modified railgun, integrated in the ship hull. But for the moment we dont really now if starship weapons will still remains just cosmetic in the future of Starbound, even if there are possibilities to make custom animated object (based on thrusters or doors, but having a short frame cycle), but it would require a lot of work...
    The most difficult thing will also to make this compatible with the graphic chart of starbound's human ship...
    Moreover, I dont really know the Halo serie because i'm not a good FPS player, and because its video game is the emblem of a console (I'm only a PC player) so I dont really know its background except for things I have read in wikis (halos, the flood, the covenant alliance, mini dyson spheres of the forerunners etc...), and seen in a small TV serie...I hope to be able to fix this lack of knowledge with possibilities in the future to emulate all of these games on computer ^^

15. Cloud1975

Cloud1975 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welp, apparently I'm not as good with Modding mods as i was before. I'm still kinda lost on how to get this working with ningen, would it be possible to get a step by step guide, so i dont once again get the game telling me the ship dosent exist?

16. aidan.kealy

aidan.kealy Space Spelunker

i have a character that i want to give the new ship but i cant seem to do anything please help

17. Velornar

After installing the mod (unless its a custom race), you will have to refresh the tiers by loading it again, its only possible as admin. Load your character first and go to your ship...
    If you are at tiers 8 for exemple (I recommend before to completly clean all the items in your ship to avoid crashes); type in the windows chat "/admin" (to toggle on admin mod) the "/spawnitem shipT8" , the last tiers of the frigate is normally displayed after this, then again /admin to leave admin mod, and normally you are done ^^

Well again, I havent had the time to make some testings this week, and the new version of ningen race mod seems a bit broken for me at the moment...the technique described dont work. Also I'm not a expert in modding, to make a ship mod was quite easy to do once the design is done...

18. specter9877

specter9877 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi There. I would like to know if it would be okay if I did some tests on the ship to make it MP compatible with some friends.
    I would only have it on my characters. But I would figure I'd ask, as I know some modders like to know whos using there sprites as a base.

19. Velornar

You are totally free to modify the asset, use it as you want, as long as its in the rule of the game and the forum...as I said in the description, since its mostly a ressource made with other ressources and sprites from all human ships (mostly the vanilla models): thats why I let a very permissive access and copyright for any user and modders, multiplayer purposes etc...

20. Abbadon.6594

Abbadon.6594 Void-Bound Voyager

i just cant make it work. i always start at the standart ship.
    but i shoved it all in the right place