Modding Help Using the 'lit' png image on a weapon?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Delos-X, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Delos-X

Delos-X Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heya;

the title pretty much says it all, can you get the 'lit' effect on a weapon? For example, parts of the fuel gauge glow in the dark. Can I get this effect on a weapon? I'm not sure if I can...

Thanks in advanced!

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

3. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Completely possible. Look at the Solus Katana under items/active/weapons/bossdrops.

lazarus78 likes this.
  4. Delos-X

That's an actual light source - I meant the sort of thing that makes the item completely lit and fullbright, but only like two pixels of the actual image being lit. Like the fuel gauge, with it being glow in the dark at some parts.

Basically, the two light cyan parts on this gun not be affected by lighting at all and be completely 100% bright at all times, like how my Novakid is. In fact, I photoshopped the image to show what I'd like to achieve.

https://imgur.com/a/YVW3j

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

it is possible. Ive done it.

There is a backer weapon that is like a fire sword, i forget it's name, and it uses a lit image for the inner glow of the blade.

Edit: It is called the flamingdemonsword located in ..\items\active\weapons\other\flamingdemonsword

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  6. Delos-X

Thanks! That will make things much easier - I wasn't aware of a weapon that did that already.
    --- Post updated ---
    So I just got it sorted - I've uploaded the mod here (it's just a personal thing, no plans on releasing it but here you go I guess). It doesn't seem to work? spawn the item in with /spawnitem silvershot, and you'll see the glow isn't there. There aren't any errors or anything, so what's the issue?

As a side note, the muzzleflash isn't working, even when using a vanilla one - not sure why that is, but it's not a major issue.

7. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

is there anything like that for armor as well? i'd love it if i could apply light accents to armor, could add some extra effect to my Avali mining helmet

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I don't believe so. Unfortunatly.

9. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

that really sucks <~> ill have to experiment a bit later on