1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Upgrading your pre-order package?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Loyalsoul, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyalsoul

Loyalsoul Star Wrangler

Hello all! Hope everyone is enjoying the soundtrack from the pre-order. I wanted to stop by an ask a simple question that I don't think has been answered yet. The question being is it possible to upgrade your pre-order package later down the road?

I did a similar pre-order purchase like this one for a game Path of Exile, and they eventually allowed users to upgrade their pre-order package. Maybe this could be something the Dev's at Chucklefish would like to do? I know not everyone has all the finances to buy a higher tier right away (Such as myself). But down the road I would love to donate more to Chucklefish for all the hard work they are doing for the fans.

The one main issue I see is that the pre-orders didn't seem to be linked directly to our account, so it would be hard to determine which package a user has already bought.

Any thoughts about this? Maybe it would be more trouble then it's worth? I'd like to know what the community thinks about this.

dgm likes this.
  2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Unfortunately, we don't have a good way of doing this. We can, however, refund and resell.

3. Loyalsoul

Loyalsoul Star Wrangler

Would this be a big hassle?

4. WhiteZero

WhiteZero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was also thinking about this. Perhaps you could just add "Upgrade Tiers" to go from each level to the next. At this point I think I'd really like to upgrade to Gold.

Loyalsoul likes this.
  5. Kregoth

Kregoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could easily create something that calculates how much more they need to pay to move up to that tier! Path of Exile did this and it encouraged me to move up a tier. :)

6. King Ganondorf

King Ganondorf Void-Bound Voyager

As did Star Citizen. Honestly, Star Citizen's backing system was the best I've seen. It kept track of everything perfectly. Chris Roberts has his shit together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.