WIP Upgradeable weapons

Discussion in 'Mods' started by GwenLilyKnight, May 7, 2016.

1. GwenLilyKnight

GwenLilyKnight Tentacle Wrangler

This is all in the planning stages currently.

I really love how the game works but I have always been a bit underwhelmed at how the weapons work. My favorite weapons tend to get out classed by more optimal weapons.

Right now it is pretty hard to mess with weapons and tools other than reskinning.

I have made a google doc of my plans on upgrade paths for each weapons. It is no way complete and some things might be a bit unbalanced but it is all in concept phase currently. I would appreciate feedback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z-ch7MLDq5xe1l7h3Pbw27Xc7G6kmP83Tq6yFJuRLO8/

Part of my goal is to take all the minerals and artifacts that don't build anything and find uses for them.

zcsnightmare and BlankSlater like this.
    • BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

Bretty cool write up. I'd love to see something like this eventually. With such a complex concept planning ahead seems to be a good idea. I am a very bad planner.

GwenLilyKnight likes this.
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Lets hope @ClxS manages to get FarmHand doing what all it should soon then, cause without FarmHand messing with the serializer is not that wise >_<

• GwenLilyKnight

Meanwhile. I wouldd appreciate feedback so I can try to preplan this as much as possible.

• BlankSlater

Well, I like some of your designs so far. Haven't read all of it. I like you have 4 upgrades for each weapon the way tools have them. What you did with the scythe is something I was wanting to see done.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

What exactly is this farmhand you keep talking about? What will it feature? What will it bring to the already existing mod community?

Sorry I just can't seem to find it anywhere here.

BlankSlater likes this.
              • GwenLilyKnight

BlankSlater likes this.
              • BlankSlater

Why post this without the ability to mod it in?

• zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That would be great! I always wanted to see weapons being able to be upgraded and/or at least most of them craftable.

Currently looking into the shops mod and planning on adding some retextured weapons as completely new weapons. Only eh thing is you need the item spawner or the shop mod. :/

• GwenLilyKnight

mind giving me some indepth feedback?