1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 1.2 suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 24, 2016.

1. QuantumProjects

QuantumProjects Star Wrangler

I would like to be able to craft anything (specially furniture) that I've scanned, so that I don't need to dismantle dungeons (I find they add flavor to the planets, so I don't like to scavenge them for furniture).

Pixel printing just don't cut it for me. I find it cheesy.

STCW262 likes this.
  2. Jellypuff

Jellypuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

Besides the obvious ones, like more, varied and interesting quests, instead of the same old 4 fetch quests, more interesting augments and techs or optimization, i want convenience.
    A minimap (i'd even be fine with a "progressive minimap"), a way out of the underground(for survival and above - and no, teleporters are inconvenient) and gear with knockback-resistance.

The abscence of the suggested things above are not adding any extra challenge or difficulty - it's just inconvenient and annoying. I can't believe there's still no minimap - it's an exploration/sandbox game.

3. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

By the way - I'm not sure if this is meant to work this way, but I've found an easy way to get out from underground. Just keep exploring until you find a challenge door. Go in, do the challenge, but DON'T leave. Just save and quit. When you log back in, you'll be back on your ship. ;3

4. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

I think:
    After ruin, there are two new quest lines:
    A new, better, harder, longer, and more worth it museum one, and another story with another surviving protectorate about fixing the universe. Scanning would not be required, simply because this questline is basically "extra". So, he tells you that his dream is solve problems and put the universe at peace again. You get a mission, to get artifacts, then put them together to fight the final boss, the Caretaker. Remember him? The ancient plaque said it, and there is a prop in the games files that is it. So eventually. Although, caretaker could not be evil, and the final mission is a quest though an ark temple, where caretaker guides you through. You encounter holographic guards, which you fight. At the end, it's the final encounter with Asra Nox: This time she's even more powerful. No new armor, they would all technically be the same difficulty level. At the end, after you defeat Asra: kill her once and for all, or take her back and try to convincer her to stop being racist. This would be random, but if a Developer ever saw this, I'm sure they could take the idea and actually put it in line.
    Each race would have their own mission, here they are:
    Kluex's Cathedral: A large Kluex worship area, not really a temple, more of a dome church. You would enter, looking for the Will of Kluex, the avian artifact. There would be a lever that opens the keep to the will. Unfortunately, you must defeat waves of stargazers after activated for the gate to open. Stargazer Warriors, Generals and Priests would all be attacking.
    The AKA (Anti-Knowledge Association) Headquarters: You visit the AkA base, a group of Hylotl outlaws that believe that knowledge is bad, and that we should all stop learning so that they can take over the universe. You right outlaws, and then at then end come into battle with the leader, a Hylotl Mage.
    That was only two, but it would get repetitive for me to just list all.
    Also, erchius oceans with erchius fish would be nice, how about dying stars as well:I these, airless worlds are ,ost common. Asteroids, Moons that don't actually have to be orbiting something, erchius oceans, midnight planets, and barren worlds.

General Nuclear likes this.
  5. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I was very disapointed with the big ape quest line
    i mean come on we got so hyped with the big mysterium with big ape in the beta and then we only got one quest with him on a tiny planet with bearly any security, i mean come on this is a super high tech race that got its imperium spread across the galaxy.
    It felt so rushed we got to him almost instantly

I was exspecting a huge high tech militeriy labratory city jungle concrete jungle planet with suppress people and gurads everywhere and mutant outcasts and with many quest lines giveing us only small clues about big ape with a huge plot twist
    The plot that was as it is now a 4/10 very meh could been don better, good idea but poorly executed cool animation but just left me feel meh in the end

they could have made it so only the key quest was on one part of the planet while the rest of the quests was on the ohter parts(without actualy being on the same planet) of the planet and ohter parts of the capital makeing it look like the hole planet was very big

I mean that they should give us a new quest line with mysterious plots leading to the true big ape
    Or atleast a quest that is the start to a bizare quest line with big ape and make the ohter quests on ohter uptates
    giveing us something for us to look forward to solve. Also really hoped that big ape would have some ohter ailen race enemys ohter then us and the rebles

Also hope they will add more arena quests they ended just as it started to get interesting
    Hope that pvp would come to it

Oh and Add the gray poptops and the green poptops :poptop: the green one are even being used as a smiley here on the forum also add the blue adult and the gray adult version

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  6. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd like to have Asra Nox from that mission to drop an upgraded Sollus Katana, one that actually can use the beam cannon and teleportation. I like to think that Asra Nox is the representation of how OP players used to be with their techs back in Beta. I mean, sure, the Morphball never really flew/hovered in the air, but we DID have a nice Targeted blink, FTL dash, a "faster" Morphball,things like that....

7. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Another thing that need to be re-introduced :

- All the missing / removed cosmetics
    - The special abilities on cosmetics ( Parachute anyone ? Or the All-Seeing Cape ? And so on... )

Instead of removing stuff they should keep and add more

Mythril-Jelly, Toporonin and Pingeh like this.
  8. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Obviously, these functions are prohibited by the charter of the Protectorate. And only those scoundrels can use them. :D

9. RedPanda_Warrior

The the protectorate is dead. No leader anymore, at least.

10. Chloron

Chloron Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really want more npc interactions. I think npcs in starbound are pretty cool, and i want to interact with them more :D . And then of course, optimization. Glad Giraffe version is fine for me but 1.0 version is just.... bad (the performance i mean :) ). Still love the game though!

11. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

a lot of this

Mythril-Jelly and Mackerel II like this.
  12. Arylin

Arylin Subatomic Cosmonaut

For me, I'd like more content related to Arctic worlds; I was hugely disappointed when I found out they had nothing interesting after spending the better part of an hour or two walking the bottom of a few of them (I mostly stayed away from the Wiki). I get that they are supposedly too cold to live in, but when we have Decayed worlds (described as supposedly too hot to live in) with villages of people happily living under meteorite weather next to lakes of lava I don't see why we can't have a Miniknog science facility, the odd hermit, an isolated outpost, or even penguins living there. Even the abandoned remains of a long lost colony would be an improvement.

Ocean worlds in general could use more variety whether at the seabed, the middle layer, or the surface. I once took all the quests from the Hylotl undersea habitat at one go, all of which were about killing scavengers and about traveling to the lone feature of the world (the Hylotl ruin) that lay a long march away through the unremarkable bottom of the ocean. The underwater ruins were fun to explore and ruminate about even though I've seen it several times already, but getting there was excruciatingly boring and rather low threat for a Tier 5 world. I might also say the same for Magma and Toxic worlds in terms of needing better reasons to explore them fully, although to a lesser degree with regards the latter.

Other than that, I'd love to have more locations like the Hylotl Castle to explore and take over. I spent a great deal of time 'restoring' the one I found on a Decayed world before moving tenants in, and have since restored other places like the ruined towers on Garden worlds as well. I'm not much of a builder, but I'll happily take over anything I see abandoned if I feel like it. :)

13. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Ester yet lives, the player lives. The Player could become the new grand Protector and rebuild.

14. XxDevilxXGT

XxDevilxXGT Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bring back Targeted Blink. Dash is trash. Blink was such a satisfying way to get around combined with pulse jump.

Toporonin likes this.
  15. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

How about a better Steam Workshop integration? Either making Workshop .paks move to the mods dir, or creating flawless communication between the two locations.
    I know servers struggle with this and mod dependencies get screwed because of it.

(While I'm at it, Workshop categories like the repo here if possible. Trying to find specific mod types is a literally Hell as it sits.)

AlbertoRota likes this.
  16. HavokPony

HavokPony Tentacle Wrangler

Another thing I want to see, settlement spawn chances on all planet types. Why can we have settlements on Volcanoes, but nothing on frozen ocean? And Toxic ocean has that city in the background, but nothing of interest in the foreground. These planets need something to make them not a total waste of planets

Toporonin likes this.
  17. RedPanda_Warrior

Another thing:Expert mode, just like terraria. Even though this would be misinterpreted, I would like it to only effect bosses. So, for example, Asra Nox' moves speed up as the fight goes on, to the point that she is already using ball form just after the kunai explode.

18. Wolf1e

Wolf1e Void-Bound Voyager

I think it would be cool if the pets we capture can eat food and sleep. Maybe implement it with a new pet house so any pet in it will behave like the one on the ship. And pet clothes. dIObViJ.png

19. Chairbound

Chairbound Space Hobo

adding mini-bosses to full fledged dungeons (already suggested). fleshing out of minor races (already suggested), alpaca fleshed out (already suggested). more planet types (already suggested). i'd also like a Random planet type you cannot scan from ship. Perhaps these planets have totally non-congruent sub-biomes and are toxic or anything else that can kill you.

an idea for another planet type: silicon planet. it would have a lot of crystal ore, a non-breathable atmosphere like a moon, etc.

honestly, i feel that major procedurally generated dungeons having mini-bosses would do a lot.

also, rare deep-ug full fledged cities would be nice. instead of just ruins. perhaps those recruitable NPCs would be really good compared to the surface counterparts.

oh, last but not least, some (shallow) morality system.

oh, also soundtrack needs *major* upgrade, allow skipping of songs at least. the deep-ug sound track is literally just one song?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  20. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would really like to see a variation in the danger levels of planets. Like, let's have some forest and desert planets at the tier 6 danger level, with stronger monsters and maybe some new hazards to account for it. Right now if I want to build a colony on a dangerous planet to reap those sweet high-tier rewards, I'm really limited in my terrain options.

Toporonin likes this.