1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 1.2 suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 24, 2016.

1. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Writing a mod to optimize the game would be nigh on and impossible, and also a job for someone who is very good. The parts of the game that cause lag that are actually moddable are written in Lua and would take some clever design (and probably rewrites) to truly fix.

2. Chloron

Chloron Subatomic Cosmonaut

there's a mod called FPS Booster, it removes the parallax in the game, if you get used to it you won't even notice it and the important thing is, it did boost my fps, so there is a mod for that :D

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

What do you consider a good computer then? I've never had any problems with Starbound and my computer isn't that good.

4. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Eh, Content Update 1.2 "The USCM Update" Adds back in USCM related assets, s'more vehicles, Mechs, Dropships/Flying vehicles, NPCs able to ride in vehicles (they already can for the ballista), s'more lore, armors, guns (PULSE RIFLES!), grenades, missile turrets, bug fixes AND, OPTIMIZATON! Oh, and I GUESS the Ark Caretaker...

EDIT: Maybe a USCM survivor who was just like you, found an ancient gateway after you had done the Apex mission. Tells you their story, the very short fight against the invasion of Earth, evacuating to Mars, IDK, Mars USCM explodes since a damaged Frigate crashed into it. The ship's FTL goes haywire, activates, sending them to an unknown planet with an Ancient gateway. *cue Starbound's starter planet BS* Finds Outpost, and is now currently hanging out with the Penguins below.

5. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

More settlement variety; mixed-race settlements.

6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This might seem out there, but can we have a bgm selector to determine which songs we might want to have playing on a planet? they do seem to cycle through, and there are a number I tend to mute the music for.(no offense to the musician, he did good stuff for most of them!) :)

Also, can we have a bard crew member who we can give an musical instrument to and have them play songs while we do stuff with our free hands?

Mythril-Jelly and Omegagreen like this.
  7. TM87

TM87 Tentacle Wrangler

Mini-Bosses (strong enemies that drop rare loot)
    Possibility to modify weapons (upgrade their power, size, speed as well as having the possibility to reskin them)
    MECHS!
    Legendary shields pls
    Galactic events (nebulas, black holes, etc)
    Moar alpaca stuff

Axl4325 likes this.
  8. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Maybe seasons?

9. ShadowRecon97

ShadowRecon97 Subatomic Cosmonaut

More content

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

I would LOVE to have backwards mod compatibility. I.e. to make it possible for the outdated mods to work on the new versions. Buuut that would probably double the amount of code used by Starbound.

11. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe a " Restore the Protectorate" Mission where in you acquire protectorate assets ( scans of furniture patterns, data logs and files, matter manipulator blueprints, clothing and equiment) from the ashes of earth and Luna and start the process of rebuilding.
    Racial stories that further deal with the governments and cultures of all the races.
    Refugee resettlement missions ( Build x number of houses with human furniture ) for big rewards or long term pixel gain.

Also a way to render all of those upgrade modules, tech cards, and matter manipulator modules into pixels, such as selling them toward rebuilding the protectorate in my proposed " Restore the Protectorate" mission.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Hatsya Souji and Axl4325 like this.
  12. ShadowRecon97

ShadowRecon97 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually, we need more mission, in eager for more, it's not enough now, Totally, Not Enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. HavokPony

HavokPony Tentacle Wrangler

I would like to see: mixed species settlements, construction blocks made of high teir ores, and cloth (I have more solarium than I could ever use, and would really love a cloth looking block for making giant tents and lighter than air craft), a weather control device (custom weather patterns, snow and ash for volcanic winter, constant storms, or just make the weather perfect). More types of oceans (swamp water, healing water, and slime oceans!). And can we please have the ability to make the rotor for the airship in the pixel printer. I've made my own airship, but have nothing to keep it aloft.

14. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Play Windforge. :) Ocean of Healing is an excess. Still, this water should be rare. But I like the idea of multicultural settlements.

15. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Another thing would be heaters/coolers/airtanks for constructions. Would be pretty cool to build a base among an asteroid formation and leave your breather EPP once you get inside but nope. You'll suffocate faster than strangle victim.

Axl4325 likes this.
  16. Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Linking your stove to a container so that you can craft food with taking the content of the container into account.

EASEL:
    Setting how fast each frame is display. I wanted to make a marquee with EASEL but each frame has too much of a delay before proceeding with the next one
    Changing your current color with color hex (FFFFFF for white).
    Customizing your own border and backdrop.

Creating sign objects where if you use the N observation tool on it, it will display the content of the sign.

Creating custom codex.

17. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

They need to get back tons of stuff that has been removed before the 1.0

- the old projectiles ( Supper's mod is doin' that atm alongside the old Dungeons, USMC bunker included ) - http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/suppers-weapons-mod-previously-legacy-projectiles.4048/

- the old monster combat ( http://playstarbound.com/monster-combat-changes/ - the touch damage and the mobs that stay on your spot moving 1 pixel left / right even with the shield up are kinda lame )

- all the missing food recipes, monster parts ( atm there are waaaaaay more less than the previous builds )

- the 3 Sectors : the actual one ; PVP ; Creative ( no monsters and stuff )

And so many other things... Hope also that the Spaceship Dungeons ( size of a planet ), Space Stations, etc etc.. will be introduced ( can be found here what they have planned to introduce : http://starbounder.org/Upcoming_features )

I'm updating also my Suggestion Thread with tons of things that we can have with mods or made directly by the devs

18. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

And gravity generator. I want a house on the asteroid.

19. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Wait you can't build on an asteroid? I've not tried yet but I was gonna

20. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Well, I can dig there. So I can build.