Modding Help Undertale Goat Monsters: Big feet or small feet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Cell Materia, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Big feet? or Small Feet?

1. Small Feet

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Big Feet

24 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

i'm trying to pixel the Goat Monsters from Undertale into a race. hoping if i do all the art assets, someone will help me program them into an actual mod???
    but yeah....big feet or small feet? if i went with big feet i'll just edit all the clothing for them so that they don't ever wear shoes

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmm... its looking very nice! I cant decide which one looks better though... I think both are pretty good and it would save you a lot of trouble if you chose small feet, I imagine editing all clothing would be a daunting task! If you really want to though, go for it c:

Roskii Heiral and Cell Materia like this.
  3. Cell Materia

i want to but where are the assets in the game for all clothing????? it is so confusing omfg

i imagine goat monsters would just walk around in bare feet anyway since they are sooo fluffy!!!

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

they totally would xD even Goat Dad was barefoot!

5. Cell Materia

could you please help me with promoting awareness of this mod and getting interest in it growing? hopefully i can find people who can help me with it (particularly programmers and others who can point me to the direction of where the assets in the game for modifying how clothing sits on the sprites??? i want to delete ALL the shoes)

Corraidhín likes this.
  6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh my, but of course! mind you, I have to go (I was about to log out when I saw your earlier link) but I will totally let people know when I get back! maybe get some advice from a couple modders while I am at it!

Cell Materia likes this.
  7. Cell Materia

aighty! if you need a banner to help me promote it let me know!! :D:D:D Thank you so much!!

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I left a quick post on the Undertale thread (in the Games sub forum) to let people know of this mod, and to see if we can find help to get the mod on the road c:

Cell Materia likes this.
  9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

10. baionikku

baionikku Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Big feet looks great!

11. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Very nice looking race so far. If you'd like any help, let me know =3

This helped me most when making my race mod:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/template-race-mod.956/

I voted for the larger feet, but I can tell you that changing all the clothing for it will be alot of work. They are in the item folder in your starbound assets under armor. You also need to change each one for male and female portions of the pngs and for each animation.

12. Cell Materia

Here's what i have atm btw guys

[​IMG]

how do i made the hair and horns separate options

omfg an ebook??????? is that like an PDF

yes please! to be honest i'd rather just stick to pixelling the entire thing rather than the one who puts it into the code....also i need ideas for how their ship are going to look like lil

i'm currently using that mod to make the basic mod sprite sheet lol. what was your race mod? i'd like to try it out :D

also yes, i am aware of this. but i am unemployed and am a loser so i guess i can afford the time to do this work??? thanks for a bunch for the directions!

it does doesn't it? I noticed the Dreemurrs in Undertale walk around on their gitdamn feet all the time so i decided to make it bigger and make my life absolute hell <3

Corraidhín and Roskii Heiral like this.
  13. Roskii Heiral

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/callistan-race-mod.4151/

Hope you enjoy it =3

With the horns, you can either make them a part of the base head sprite or make them a part of the hair. If you do the hair, you can make several hair/horn variations. If you make them a part of the head, you only get one variation and you can adjust the hair to have the horns poking through.

I made the ears a part of my head sprite on my mod and adjusted the hair to have the ears poke through.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Its looking amazing so far! c: I just remembered someone I know could help with the race... hrrm... I just have to catch him online! he has added a couple races and customized another.

(the Lopunny and some other race)

15. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

If you need help with lore of how they got here i could try

Cell Materia likes this.
  16. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Second option looks way better to me-- I'm all for less humanoid appearances and fitting canon, since they don't wear shoes.
    I'd add that the colloquial name for the species is "Boss Monsters", so that may be the name you want to use for them? But that might just be my personal bias in thinking they're lion-goat chimeras of a sort, given their teeth and paws and fluffiness.

Either way, I would be fairly okay with creating a basic foundation for them as well as putting all the necessary assets out there for other people to edit. It wouldn't be all that hard. I could help with the /humanoid sprites and basic necessary sprites, as well...
    I can easily make an basic invisible shoes item, too, so they can still wear shoes for the stats but not have them show up. That'll solve the "alternate foot shape" issue-- you'll just need to make custom shoe/pants items for them if you want anything to show up there.

I've a lot of experience with race-making-- if anyone uses the Inkling race mod, that's my work.

17. Cell Materia

saw your mod! looks amazing! :D Thing is I want both hair and horns to be customisable because I want people to be able to make their very own goatsona with the right horns and right hair!

Thank you very much! that was 43 minutes of work???? (i like to work on the mod everyday while listening to the red side of the determination album because i aM UNDERTALE TRASSSSH) but it also doesn't show the work i did for the animations and shit lil

holy shit i liked the lopunny race! they were fun to play with???? i'd be so excited to have them on board???

yes please. i am shitty writer. like seriously. i can't write plot to comic to save my life >.<

i'm pretty much working on the /humanoid sprites myself right now xD;;; wait so you can make an item that masks the shoes on every outfit that the humanoid sprite wears????

Roskii Heiral and Corraidhín like this.
  18. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

You can make invisible armors, yeah. It'd be really easy.

I'm not sure if same can be said for hair and horns; races generally have one trait that can be colored and have different shapes (usually head adornments like hair, fins, etc) and then one other detail that can be recolored (e.g. underwear on humans). This doesn't include skin tone, of course.

You could always try to rig up the horns as a trait similar to the Apex' facial hair, though, or just make it so that all the different hair+horns combos are available as their own thing.

Either way, if you wanted help making by the basic required code-y stuff, shoot me the assets you've got once you're happy with them, and I'll see if I can make something functional out of them.

19. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Ill see what i can come up with

20. Roskii Heiral

I'm not 100% sure how to do that then. if you have the different horns and hairs you wanna use, you could just splice each combination into a hair choice. Your goats are super cute xD. Looking forward to having them around.

Yes, ningen and a few others has a leg set like this. You basically make a blank pants.png and allow people to put it in the pants appearance slot. This will allow you to wear whatever armor you want and still not be "wearing pants"

If you need any help doing that, just let me know. its pretty easy =D