1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Unable to start server in Ubuntu 16? Errors

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by naboss, Nov 25, 2016.

1. naboss

naboss Seal Broken

[​IMG]

My OS is Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04. I read the requirements and says Ubuntu 12.04 or Later... is it problem on the OS?
    Or something else? I managed to install steam and login without problems, I'm only have trouble initiating the server itself.

I was following this guide http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-set-up-a-linux-server-on-ubuntu.34623/

I do
    screen -S starbound -d -m ./starbound_server

then
    ./starbound_server

It starts loading as you can see and then it dies.
    Can anyone help?

2. Sprvrn

Sprvrn Title Not Found

If I'm correct, this error means the storage/universe/universe.lock couldn't be read or created.
    Maybe an instance of the server is already running (check if you have another screen instance with the starbound_server running on it).
    Also check if the /storage/ directory is writable.

3. naboss

naboss Seal Broken

Thank your for helping me Sprvrn. Turns out that yes, I had an instance of it running already. Totally missed it. In adition, I totally assumed the ports were on, hence why I couldn't join and assumed the server wasn't starting. Silly me!