1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Unable to do Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Ian, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Ian

Ian Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am connected via a wifi modem, and not a router, so I did porting through my network firewall thing (I have no idea what anything means sooooo...). Every time I put my laptop's IP into the IP code for multi-play it gives me the "Client connect failed! Error connecting to (my IP) port '21025' ". I figured if I couldnt port forward I could use hamachi, which didn't work which is odd since it worked for terraria. I also tryed Evolve which didn't work. I tried the launch server from the launcher and that doesn't seem to do anything.... May I suggest that multiplayer UI and everything be built into the game better, because I'm sure that the majority of the community knows how to do the networking stuff but me and I know most of the newer people to the genre don't have a clue and it would be a nice change to have multiplayer built into the game other than having to alter files outside of the game. I know its the first day lol but I'm just worried about if I will ever be able to play with my friend, we don't want to experience anything in the game alone, so we were all amped up for today just to be disappointing....

P.S. my friend could at least get on his multiplayer server after like 17 attempts, I still couldn't get on his server.... I couldn't even get on to my own.

2. Alex Nichols

Alex Nichols Orbital Explorer

I'm having the same issue, friend is hosting a server and while someone else can join fine, I cannot and get the same error as you.
    Doesnt seem to be a solution at the moment unfortunately

3. cooter6983

cooter6983 Space Hobo

Are you guys using your external IP address, or your internal IP address, when you try to connect to your own server?

4. cooter6983

cooter6983 Space Hobo

You should not be using the same IP address that your friends use. They should use your external IP address, and you should use your internal IP address. Go to the Start Menu search bar, search for cmd, start the cmd program, and type in "ipconfig" (without the quotes) at the command prompt. The IPv4 address is your internal IP address; use this.