1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

(Un?)Official Wishlist/Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sokina, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimm

Dimm Orbital Explorer

This game has everything to make me hyped and naturally, I have lots of suggestions, LOTS of suggestions but ofcourse they are what I personally think is enhancements, not requirements.

-Let planets have different climates in a way so that on some planets you are required to have a kind of armor that covers your entire body and protects from extreme heat/cold, on some planets we should have some armor that could give us air, then better armor can give more air and then you could either build a refilling station, return to the space station or terraform the planet to confiscate, but if you terraform it you make species that breather that kind of gas to go extinct.
    This idea could naturally be varied in many ways.

-On a few planets have some kind of high danger level that you can detect from orbit, if you chose to go down on the planet there is one (or a species) of huger cretaures, like a gaint sandworm on a desert planets, these would then give great rewards if defeated but could easily be avoided for newer players.

-Have some set missions, I like the exploration and things like this, but the game still has so much potential for a few set missions, but don't let them take the focus of the game, I have some ideas.

1. A mission where you go down on a planet, but after you go down you can't contact the space station and you only have limited air, there are also enemies in the place you are, you would then have to find materials in the area to make a beacon so that you
    can contact your ship.

2. On a planet you find an odd artifact, if you abandon it, nothing will happen, but if you take it abord the space station for study it will start to take over your systems and decompress the section off the station that it's in, it also shuts of the lights, you would then
    use one of the suits with limited air and try to go in and remove it in some way, but there are some aliens with weapons around your technology that attack you, when you throw the artefact out and compress the ship the aliens would die.
    If you study it on the planet you would find out the artefact was used by an alien species to infiltrate ships, kill their owners and steal the technology and when you go to destroy the artefact the aliens would attack you.

These are ofcourse only ideas.

-Things that can make your character into a cyborg, that could be a cool fetaure, maybe a kind of armor?
    -Somekind of hover-technology? Mechanical wings would be unrealistic but also really cool, theese could be highly recommended for planets with lots of dangerous water? (Toxic, lava or something like that)
    -On some coordinates have space stations instead of planets, there could be different aliens maybe some that could give you random missions? (Visit the planet at coordinates XXX and bring me 5 YY) They could also be a place for trading.

-Have some kind of story arc with no ending, a mysterious foe destroys your home planet in the beginning, maybe some planets or space stations could give hints to some certain coordinates, when you figure the complete coordinates out and go there you find a destroyed space ship, when you look at some logs from the ship you figure out who build it and that they destroyed it, when you are strong enough you can then engage a war with the species if you want to, but you wouldn't be able to win they would just keep coming, not fast though, the exploration should still be the focus.

I have so many more but I doubt all of these will be implemented so this will have to do, for now atleast.

2. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

A HUGE amount of weaponry, and an option to build a military base to house all your cool attack vehicles and weapons :cool:

3. take

take Void-Bound Voyager

Persistent characters & inventory shared between SP/MP.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  4. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

I would like to be able to have a MASSIVE BLEEPIN' GUN WALL. Stands, pedestals, and shelves! Books! That you can write in! Now you can make that awesome Space Journal about Space.

Space travel. If this is already a feature, then I'm a happy camper (until I think of something else I can't live without)

5. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

I would like it if you could edit the log book. Say if the description of an animal is vague, and you would like to add something, such as how it moves, and how it reacts to you. This will increase the "explorer" like feeling while playing.

6. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

a penguin army to do my bidding

7. Cellbind

Cellbind Pangalactic Porcupine

A lot of mechs and robots, but considering the description of the game I am expecting them anyways.

What I really want is a hyperbeam.

8. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Allot of lasers, LOTS AND LOTS OF LASERS!

9. Legris

Legris Starbound pixel prince Forum Administrator

heya there!
    just wanted to say i really enjoy reading all of your suggestions and speculation here, it's probably going to be my new morning routine :) keep it up guys!
    (also woop first post!)

kesvalk, Jermex and EGadd like this.
  10. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Great to hear!
    I wan't to suggest 2 things: Sunglasses. And the other: Anteaters. I. Love. Anteaters. Please, add a rideable anteater

11. Shadesworth

Shadesworth Subatomic Cosmonaut

12. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really love the fact you can capture creatures.. what I'd like to see is-

A variety of each creature (E.g creatures have different colours but still the same breed)
    Breeding
    And an age cycle for the creatures of some sort? (E.g Babies and old creatures)

I realize this would be tough to pull off but no harm in a suggestion, right?

13. Monta

Monta Subatomic Cosmonaut

I.Want.Space Bunnies T_T
    I won't stop before I get mah bunnehz ! >:C

Oh and Nuclear weapons with radiation :O

14. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

My wishlist?
    Foreground tiles/objects - After I read it in the suggestions forum, I couldn't shake the thought of it. Its too awesome.
    Reverse engineering - That really intrigues me too. Needing to take something apart to create something new. Imagine the procedurally generated possibilities.

AS a side note, Mutations - This actually seems kinda cool too, Get new abilities but also get crippled in some way.Its food for thought.

15. I_iz_n00b

I_iz_n00b Big Damn Hero

-Space pirates that raid your space station -Lightsabers (preferably double sided ones :3 ) Oh, and if there are space bunnies, they have to shoot lasers. Which can kill you in one shot :)

16. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

I want Samus Arans Amor with all ita giddings *.* and of course a HUGE star-wars-death-star-to-destroy MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA

kesvalk likes this.
  17. Tomi Mr.Bone

Tomi Mr.Bone Star Wrangler

Radioactive ore seems cool:)

18. Llamabreeder

Llamabreeder Void-Bound Voyager

Oh please let there be a Super Mario planet, with all of the items, blocks and monsters you would see in the original game. This would be such a win!

19. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

yeah! I would go and catch some coopers with my badass-flower of fire...
    ...wait... killing monsters with a flower of fire while wearing a plumber outfit 0.o I can do this in Terraria too xD

20. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

i REALLY want Samus power armor and handcannon, with spacejump as a tech slot item

also, some monsters that resemble the aliens. Big black and slender monsters that can crawl on the ceiling and spit acid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.