1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

(Un?)Official Wishlist/Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sokina, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Just like the title says, I think this would be a good thread to make speculations in, and also a centralized area to talk about the thing you'd most like to see in Starbound. Any nifty observations you make are more than welcome here, too. I'll update this little thingy as I think of more things. I've been watching the game closely, and will only watch it closer, now.

Speculations:

• I speculate you can donate to the Space Hobo for a rotating stock of junk, but with a chance of finding something really rare.
    ___________________________​

Wishlist:

• I hope that each planet has gravity modifiers (But I doubt that's planned at the moment.) I'm also hoping that world generation is much more random than it was on Terraria. Terraria had rather strict limiters in terms of world generation. I'm hoping to have planets that could be stricken with huge chasms, craters, or be riddled with mountains.
    • I love the planned random weapon system, or procedural generation style. It reminds me of my favorite part of Borderlands. What I'm hoping for, is modifiers that completely alter a gun's personality. Instead of just barely altering damage or rate of fire, I hope for arch-types that could greatly increase rate of fire while lowering damage. Such as how Borderlands had regular revolvers, and then Chimera revolvers which did random elemental damage. So while a rocket's broad array of random choices are there, it'd be nice to have a separate array of random choices that could, say, cause a rocket to fire 2 projectiles.
    • I also REALLY hope that NPCs are not always capped to one type. Every bunny in Terraria had 5 HP. It'd be nice if what I said above could be applied to living things, too. Maybe there's a chance for a bunny having 50 HP. Maybe, if we're talking about enemies, there HP is randomized by a loosely limited array. Their damage output could be randomized via a much stricter array, while still leaving room for variation. Simply put, maybe that outlaw hit you for 14 damage and had 50 HP, but his little buddy was bigger at 80 HP, and did 20 damage, while their other friend had 120 HP, but only did 10 damage. Damage variance would be nice too. I'm obsessed with random.

2. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

I wish to get vehicles to do the digging for me ;)

3. Iznano4nik

Iznano4nik Big Damn Hero

• discover and travel on surface of the sun and airless comets/asteroids/planetoids
    • disassemble items and create new items with part of other
    • radioactive ore
    • water planet and submarine to discover it
    • NPC spaseship atack

its 0,1% from my fantasy and wish

4. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Angel Statue My biggest wish for this game is the ability to have stars for eyes!

5. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Each planet does have different gravity, I don't know if its dependent on anything like size or density though.
    And I also know that some (dunno about all) mobs are randomly given "mods" such as a mechanical eye, a different tail etc, but I'm not sure if this effects HP or anything.

I sure hope there is monster breeding for the ones you catch.
    I hope there is a good farming system too, that would be amazing.

6. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

But they're little pixel eyes!

7. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I can dream!

Also I want a Takatakataka-tank >3>

8. Mepe ruse

Mepe ruse Void-Bound Voyager

not just any Bunny but it has to be a Vorpal Bunny that we can take as a pet
    this is all i wish for

9. jalex3

jalex3 Void-Bound Voyager

YES PLEASE, I love under water stuff. Not enough games do it.
    First and last time I mention Terraria but I always wished for sunken ships, dead pirates, mermaids giant squids.

Just imagine the possibility in this! Enemy subs and giant alien fish!

10. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

I hope to see sunglasses! And that the characters can be used from Game to game, like in Terraria.. (Galaxy to galaxy)

11. KincOfMany

KincOfMany Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to see world specific resources so that there's a reason to revisit worlds repeatedly

12. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

#1 thing I want:
    As much customization as the game can handle.

I know we're already getting it for characters, I'm curious as to what other sorts of stuff I can paint a rainbow of colors.

13. I hope that there is octopuses. Sharks,too.

14. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

It would be cool if your character can mutate, just saying. Growing tentacles out of your ears..... >: D

15. You just made my day.
    That gives me an idea. Perhaps there could be a creature that latches onto your head and drains you life?

16. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

And you made mine by saying that.

Sharkopus likes this.
  17. TehRoboRoller

TehRoboRoller 2.7182818284590...

*Looks suspiciously at your avatar*

18. SinfulBanana

SinfulBanana Void-Bound Voyager

My hope is that we have access to Wiring and Mechanisms right off the bat. I was very excited when they finally came, and I feel like many custom maps suffered because of it.

Also, more support for texture packs would be nice.

19. bomblol

bomblol Void-Bound Voyager

I hope they focus on creating a cohesive, compelling experience rather than just adding as much inconsistent content, features, and requests as they can.
    I also hope it doesn't just end up being Space Terraria.

20. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

- A counter that increments each time you extinct something.
    - If that counter gets too high , Space PETA attacks your space station.

EpicTurdle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.