[UI Suggestion] Inventory pane position memory.

Discussion in 'Other' started by Grisildor, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Grisildor

Grisildor Orbital Explorer

I frequently open my inventory or crafting pane and keep it open while building. When I do this I open the windows, and drag them to the corner of the screen so I can place directly from the inventory. Currently anytime you close a UI window, it goes back to it's default position, which is the middle of the screen.

It'd be fantastic if you could toggle an option to have windows remember where they were last placed, and make that the default place to open the respective windows.

Edit: Actually, it seems that the inventory window remembers, but when you open storage it resets the position for both the storage and inventory window.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    idlewild, BlueSmoke and Terminex like this.
  2. Terminex

Terminex Yeah, You!

Yes, please correct this issue. It's very annoying as you can only place things down in the direct vicinity around your character, which is where the UI just happens to pop up every time, causing me to have to move the UI over to place an item.

3. sketchymurr

sketchymurr Void-Bound Voyager

Yes. This would be amazing.

4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

a uber up of 2 years cuz its still annoying to move a window each time you need to build and you dont want to mess up your fav item in hotbar.

5. Drolfeir

Drolfeir Void-Bound Voyager

I have complained about this for years and have even had my complaint acknowledged during a twitch-stream with the devs. They said they want the inventory box to show up next to the loot window so you can drag stuff from one to the other easily -- ignoring that NOBODY DOES THIS. E.g., from everyone I've talked to we just shift-click the stuff we want or now press 'take all'.

You can sort of work around the problem by panning the camera with the control key so that your player is above or below the loot window.