Trouble with updating SMAPI

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DellVanity, Apr 13, 2017.

1. DellVanity

DellVanity Void-Bound Voyager

So, I opted into the beta version of stardew valley because I was interested in it and I went to update to the corresponding version of SMAPI, but when I ran the installer, it said it didn't have access to trainermod. I cannot go into the file or delete it, because it says I don't have access. So I went through the normal steps of changing the security permissions on the file, but it says I don't have access to that either. The file is also a read-only and it won't let me change it from read only.

Edit: The game won't open now.
    19:26:24 ERROR SMAPI] The game encountered a fatal error:
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 345
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.StartGame() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 258

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017