1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Troll Race Mod(updated) SB v1.1.1 Mod v0.9

The Troll race from Homestuck

1. MasterChaos

MasterChaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

No problem. You should be able to continue your save file. Just replace the outdated version with the new one and you'll be set.

2. Aimless Rogue

Aimless Rogue Void-Bound Voyager

I think I Found a glitch, the game CTD's when I open the clothing menu in the spinning wheel, and the only mods I have installed are this and Xbawks Character Extender.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. MasterChaos

pFFT you mentioning this actually made me instantly realize what I messed up LMAO

I'll upload the updated file but I also kinda realized another thing I should make mention of. Since it seems like you might've intended to make some of the troll clothes. Which is that I haven't got around just yet to making the recipes for the troll clothes to be make-able at the spinwheel. I'll definitely do it in the next update but I'm a teeny bit busy atm. Sorry bout that. Though the file I'm about to upload at least won't crash when you open the clothing menu.

4. MasterChaos

MasterChaos updated Troll Race Mod(updated) with a new update entry:

Minor Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Aimless Rogue

Aimless Rogue Void-Bound Voyager

thank you for responding this quickly, and just so you know I love this mod and I think you did a great job.

6. MasterChaos

Pfft I definitely want to do a lot more with it so if I can't stomp out the smallest bugs as quickly as possible I'll get nowhere. Thank you though.

7. MasterChaos

MasterChaos updated Troll Race Mod(updated) with a new update entry:

Recipe Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. unacceptablesir

unacceptablesir Void-Bound Voyager

I have beef with the race description. Both societies are bound within the framework of a state, which disqualifies them from being libertarian or communist, so it seems you're really just trying to create a simplistic good/bad dichotomy the likes of which should have died with the cold war.

9. Lecanoscopy

Lecanoscopy Void-Bound Voyager

Obviously not MasterChaos, but have you read Homestuck? From what is mentioned of the two societies, those descriptions are relatively accurate without requiring spoilers or a longer, more specific explanation.

10. MasterChaos

Oh but guess what? I didn't say they were at all. I didn't explicitly say "Beforus was Libertarian" or "Alternia was Communist". What I said was they are libertarianistic and communistic.

The ISTIC part, makes the terms I used, ADJECTIVES.
    Which means that what I'm actually saying is. That they aren't outright libertarian or communist, but that their systems largely have a lot of the same qualities as those systems. Unless you actually think that the singular defining factor of either Libertarianism or Communism is the minimizing of the state. Because actually that's just a single itty bitty thing, in the totality of what all qualities said systems have.

Beforus is "libertarianistic" because they put individual liberty and individual expression before all else. Minus the fact that they force higher authority to uplift and support lower authority. But even then, you could've chosen to do something else. You could just abdicate your position if you didn't like the responsibility involved.

Alternia was Communistic because property didn't really belong to anyone specific. The only bias in who got what, was by Class(Which was determined by blood color, but that's irrelevant). Piracy was legal because there wasn't really such a thing as stealing. You could take what you wanted because none of it is really OWNED to begin with. Karkat clearly expressed Communist ideals on the Meteor when he acted like nobody specific owned that chair. Not to mention that his weaponkind is a deliberate reference to the Communist Flag. Characteristically, his desire to Unite his friends under a single banner is very communistic of him.

Basically like Lecanoscopy said, to anyone reading the comic that knows what those 2 systems are LIKE. It's a good comparison. For countless reasons that I haven't even begun to touch upon. It's obvious what Andrew Hussie was going for in this regard.

11. Celestial Dragon

Celestial Dragon Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a suggestion: what if instead of having Horns and Useless in character creation, you could have Left Horn and Right Horn?

12. PuddingGuy

PuddingGuy Yeah, You!

Would this be able to be uploaded to the steam workshop, any chance?

13. FearfulFloof

FearfulFloof Scruffy Nerf-Herder

asked and answered on the first page of the discussion

14. Morggy the penguin

Morggy the penguin Aquatic Astronaut

I play 1.2, It's totaly compatible, but if I upgrade my ship, my teleporter is immediatly broken, and when i use the auto-teleportation, my game is locked to the teleporting animation ! Can you update your mod ?

15. Celestial Dragon

Celestial Dragon Void-Bound Voyager

Some of the ship booster flame objects are missing (boosterflametroll2, boosterflametroll3, bigboosterflametroll, smallboosterflametroll2, and maybe smallboosterflametroll), which caused my game to get stuck at the teleport animation when teleporting back to my ship after getting the second ship upgrade. I was able to fix this by adding those objects.

16. FearfulFloof

FearfulFloof Scruffy Nerf-Herder

on the mod creators profile, it says "MasterChaos was last seen: Nov 3, 2016".... maybe he doesn't care about the mod anymore?

17. notsoprowilcifer

notsoprowilcifer Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, has anyone gotten this mod working? It won't seem to load the custom race into my character extender. I use Xbawks.

karcea likes this.
  18. RaiRai The Raichu

RaiRai The Raichu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, crashing whenever I interact with the captain's chair. Really really sad about this, this was my number one favorite mod. :C

EDIT: I've gotten the mod to work, it's pretty simple to update. Download the latest race template set, run the batch file and give it the species name "troll", then just merge the old files in and there you have it! If the author wants, I can just send my folder to them so they can release an official update if they don't have the time to sort it out themselves.

The template mod can be found here: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/template-race-mod.956/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Celestial Dragon, karcea and Zach9o9 like this.
  19. karcea

karcea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you need to delete the batch file before putting it into the mod file? I've been trying everything but can't get it to work.

Edit: Ah never mind, I figured out what I was doing wrong! (I had edited the species description and added quotes, oops) And to answer anyone else about the batch file, I didn't include it when adding the mod to the mod folder.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  20. karcea

karcea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If someone can figure out how to add the option for hair color, please let me know, because I'm struggling to add it myself.