Translates

Discussion in 'Other' started by Chaos, Mar 11, 2012.

?

Are you from UK or USA?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Chaos

Chaos Master Chief

Well, I think that the comunity have a lot of people that actually, does not live on UK or USA, so i think that when the game is finished, you could "call" the people here, in the forums, to make traductions of the game, just only the text, and the devs will implement the translate on the next update, i think that a lot of people could do 1 traduction for one language.

I Had the idea because i saw one person asking if there would be a release on russian.
    I hope the people helps when the game is finished

The poll up there can help us to see how many people live on english contries

[Sorry for my bad ingrish.....]

2. BlackSly

BlackSly Void-Bound Voyager

ehm English not ingrish

3. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Ka-boom.
    Balance of the poll has been restored (was 2:3).

I would translate the game into Polish, just give me a proper font with Polish symbols.

4. TheRev

TheRev Industrial Terraformer

If they did the localization correctly it shouldn't matter what original language it is in. This means when the game calls for a name..of anything (Like an object, animal, or anything like that) it returns the name for the object based on what language settings the user selected before. Note most these "Substitutions" can be found on Google (If there isn't already something better for it) so I wouldn't think they would need a call to the forums...

5. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

Sure, you can find them on Google, but, they would probably need help when it comes to the rules of the language. Google can be a great source of information, but they wouldn't be able to work just using Google.

6. TheRev

Just with a little searching I found several different "Language Packs", and Google translate.. although a bit inaccurate sometimes, does allow conversation with others (Had to talk a trade with a Russian.. lol. Sounds bad) so it does have some of the rules in there. I guess I just mean to say that there are many.. Many ways to have multi-language support without having a local speaker avaliable.

7. BlackSly

Dark why you want translate game to polish?

are you polish?

8. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

Well, if they are gonna translate, I think that community members could give a help, Google Translate is sometimes inaccurate, and this can cause terrible translations, so, it could be something like in Minecraft, community made translation packs, Notch implemented them, and everyone was happy (Except for those who played the Afrikaans translation and did see that "Singleplayer" translation).

9. BlackSly

I can help with Polish Translating My translating is better than Google Translating

Singleplayer- Gra Jednoosobowa
    Multiplayer - Gra Wieloosobowa
    Options- Opcje
    Quit -Wyjście

^
    it`s translating 4 menu

10. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

In all honesty, I believe that more games should have more translations for other languages. Games are a vary wide spread thing which can help bring people together. If more games were available to more places, it can help bring more peace between people. Also it will allow others who don't understand an annoying language like English to be able to understand what you're doing.

So yea, other languages would be great.

11. BlackSly

Yep

Eg. Many my friends don`t understand english and tranlating for their language can be useful
    eg. Person don`t understand english and this person want change options from fullscreen to window mode
    and person have problem and person change language and he has not problem

12. TheRev

Well I agree if there is some need for translating, coming to the forums (Or IRC.. ) would be a cheap way or finding help to get the words right. But another way is when the game files come out is to open up the "Language Translations" localization file (The file that contains the different translations of what is shown.. based on language chosen), and just have people fill them out as they want and pass them along (As there is prob lots and lots of text). This all does depend on the game being in a state to look at this file when any name, sentence, etc is used. If it is directly written in then something like this would take a major re-write.