1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated TouhouBound 1.55

Anything you need for your average day in Gensokyo~!

1. <||ReiMar||>

<||ReiMar||> Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, he is...I hope)

2. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

I must apologize about the very lengthy delay! I'd run into some recent computer trouble and have switched computers since the previous update - it took a long time to move all of my files over to the new system, and in the process a lot of things have become very disorganized, so I still have some work ahead of me in getting it sorted out. Somewhere within all of it is the work that Alnitak and I had made toward the next release (Which included our first tinkerings toward the release of the Mysterious Sukima content, and Reiji Gazpacho's new costumes), but Chucklefish has since made several updates to Starbound that we haven't been able to crack open and look at just yet, so we'll have to do that before we can actually push the next release. There have been some changes to the .pak system if I remember properly, and I have trouble understanding the concept and purpose of the .pak system to begin with, which could be a pain to figure out - I dunno yet, haven't looked.

Either way, this project is far from dead - we still have so many ideas and plans for it~!

If you want to manually update the existing content while waiting, I won't object - if you'd like to send me the updated files after you've done so, I will mark the update as having been done by your hand and submit it for the rest of the Starbound community to enjoy alongside you. Please don't submit updated files yourself - being able to see how many times people are downloading this mod for each update helps keep us motivated and is part of our incentive for making sure we bring something good in each update - We've been averaging around 30-50 downloads per update, which is a LOT more than I had thought would happen!

This mod [does] function on a server, as of the Furious Koala update, I should probably note! There are plans to host an official TouhouBound server once we have a bit more meat and potatoes to the mod. All players must have the mod installed to fully enjoy a server with this mod content.

Apologies once again - please look forward to the upcoming release!

RatixFarrence likes this.
  3. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to seeing this server community down the line.

4. <||ReiMar||>

Yesss) Finally))

5. klip

klip Void-Bound Voyager

i really like the hd sprites it would be really cool if it became its own thing

6. <||ReiMar||>

Can you update to Enraged please? After that you won't need to and we won't be waiting anymore)

7. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

I was about to say "It is updated, what?" until I saw this is the main TouhouBound thread.
    Well according to Steam, Kitaen hasn't been online for 3 weeks now so there's no telling when an update will happen. The mod should, in theory, still work in Enraged Koala, but since I have my own version of the mod to work with, I haven't tested it. I also haven't heard from anyone else on the TouhouBound dev team in a few months, so I can't say anything about this mod's progress, upcoming features, etc.
    That is not to say any of us have abandoned the project. Even now I'm actively working on content, and I simply haven't gotten in touch with the rest of the team lately. So do expect an update to happen... eventually. I faintly remember something about moving, so it could take a few more weeks/months, but it will happen.

As for my own work, I'll get to work on creating sprites for danmaku for the next week or so, then implement them once my classes are fully over.
    College classes and teacher assistant. My schedule is so broken.

I'm especially looking forward to making use of this Unzan Fist sprite. [​IMG]

8. <||ReiMar||>

I do know that you're still working on it, but I was about to send a Furious Koala version to one awesome guy on YouTube so that he could make a showcase of it) But it was updated to Enraged just before, so it kinda couldn't happen. ^ ^''
    It would be so much easier to wait if some kind of loading screen was implemented)) X) Well, anyway, I guess it's waiting time)

9. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

To anyone reading this,

After a few months of Kitaen being offline on Steam for weeks at a time, and assuming she hasn't been on these forums since mid-April (Last seen: April 19, 2014), it's very likely this main mod is dead. I'm not working on the mod myself until the current nightly work pushes to a stable build, but I will keep at it as long as I can.
    I've gotten back in touch with fellow spriter Deliphin, who confesses he hasn't worked on the mod either since Kitaen's disappearance. I don't blame him, I think the entire TouhouBound team is in disarray now that the project leader's not around. Alnitak might also be available, but I haven't tried yet. I'll see if either of them are willing to continue mod development, and I might even ask around for some extra help for things like techs or complex spell cards.
    I can't say I have a to-do list for my mods either, since I just end up doing something completely different anyway. Kinda like how Project Trillek doesn't have a design document.

Don't expect any updates from this mod unless I, Kitaen, or any other TouhouBound developer say otherwise. I apologize for the inconvenience.

10. RatixFarrence

Might be a stretch, but I'm hoping things will fall back into place for you guys. I'll still be watching your mod!

11. <||ReiMar||>

Yeah, at least two faithful fans are waiting)) ^ ^

12. Kitaen Silva

Alright, I'm popping back into existence for a very brief moment to say a couple of things that are important!

First thing!

Reiji has been working super hard in my absence to keep things alive, so I really gotta thank him for that! He has been keeping an updated version of his own available HERE for anyone who needs a bit of Touhou in their stellar travels. I am not a part of the development there, as he has mentioned - almost everything there is of his own design from the code up, and I hear that he's working with Deliphin too, so that's good. It has taken a different direction than what I personally had in mind, but that's completely cool because I'm not out here to monopolize the Touhou front n stuff - variety makes for good discussion and also allows for people with different tastes to find the parts they like most! For starters, TouhouBound; Reiji Arc has a focus on adding the visual aspect of Touhou. You have costumes, bullet patterns, and while it's not visual, he also has a Touhou music pack out. My intended direction with TouhouBound was focused a lot more heavily towards story and writing, though because I kinda didn't know much of what I was doing yet, most of what was implemented was testing and feeling out the capabilities of the Starbound engine. In my absence, there has been some learning and improvement - I have done a lot more coding with Alnitak on some personal projects, so I now have a better understanding of code architecture than I did when I started here. I also have some better ideas on reserve than the hair-brained things I initially threw together as I went. Things will be even more story-oriented than I was planning before, and there are still some pretty ambitious plans that will take some shoehorning to function, but we'll see what we can manage.

Second thing!

This bit of news is not quite what people may want to hear, sadly. I am still experiencing a lot of things of the offline variety - like Reiji has said, I wasn't even on Steam for several months, and I wasn't even playing games. I have been doing a lot of writing, mostly, though I have also been working hard on a project with Alnitak - (Non-Starbound related. It's an encrypted chat program that may end up getting based on the Tox engine. Currently named "Flagship", it will be heavily focused towards conferences and roleplayers and the like.) - and I have been trying to work with a lawyer to get some personal matters sorted out. Not to mention that in just under a month I will be moving into a new house, which will be another couple months of getting settled into, and then once my income starts up I will be upgrading my equipment. Gotta prepare for doing the server things! I'd like to be able to get back into playing games soon, but life has been pretty hectic and I have a bad habit of overloading myself. The few games I have are really begging to be played soon, so maybe I'll catch a break soon.

Third thing!

Once again, I am not abandoning TouhouBound. I am not able to work on it at this time, so unfortunately it may yet be a while before an update comes out, but it's still my baby when it comes to Starbound stuffs. For the time being, Reiji has the wheel though, so please keep an eye out on his release. I will be sure to let you all know when I am able to resume working on the mod!

If you would like to contact me directly for questions, please add me on Skype and include in your request that you are from Starbound Forums! My username is:

kitaen.silva

Please wait warmly and have a tea!

13. RatixFarrence

That's great to hear. It would be better off to wait for Starbound 1.0's completion to begin the real work on Touhoubound anyway. That would save a lot of time and effort on everyone's part.

14. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Nice idea for a mod.

15. Kitaen Silva

Alnitak and I were talking about exactly this today. The new capabilities for modders have us pretty excited, and a few adjustments will actually make it really easy to go about some of our previously difficult concepts, such as branching storyline, an on-board navigator companion, and even the dimensional portals. As such, we kinda have to wait anyhow, especially since by the time we'd get the current code updated, Starbound would update and render our work moot again. If we wait for the actual update, we can have things back up and running again without much issue.

I do want to point out that this means we also have to re-code the entire thing from the ground up, and rework the concept in the process. Since Reiji seems to have a solid handle on the costumes, we're going to focus on the underlying mechanics around the mobs, drops, and sealed planes.

16. RatixFarrence

Yeah I like this new direction for SB too. I'm tempted to relearn everything once I get enough time on my hands.

17. Kitaen Silva

[​IMG]
    Good news, everyone!

Work has begun towards learning the new code since it seems to have surfaced in the nightly builds!
    I don't know that we'll do much by way of [releasing] our progress, since a lot of it will be based on the nightly build, but effectively as of this post, Alnitak and I have resumed work on Touhoubound.

I still have a lot of work outside of coding to do - I have about 18 days left before we're going to be moving out of the apartment, so we still have packing to do, and once we're in the new place it could be a while before our internet service is switched over. In addition to that, Alnitak is very busy trying to secure employment, so our work on Touhoubound will be kinda slow for a while.

I would like to mention that for right now we're not going to be doing much that relies on graphics - like I mentioned earlier, Reiji has the costumes and quite a few items covered in his standalone, which means Alnitak and I are going to focus more on underlying mechanics like story, quests, portals, and stuff like that. We're not as good as Reiji, Deliphin, or Justice Wolf when it comes to the pixelwork, but we will definitely try to work with them when the time comes to add in assets, if they are still willing and able. There will also be times when we post information on some needed assets and try to tap into the community for anyone willing to make contributions, and all credits will be listed on the Mod Overview and within a credits.txt included in the official releases!

For right now, I can say with solid certainty that we will definitely be needing people able to create and contribute music, so if you're a Touhou fan with musical capability, or know someone whom might be willing to help in that department, please consider making contributions to Touhoubound!

And now, time to get buried in documentation and experimentation - even though "experimentation" isn't a word - we've got a mod that is long overdue for an update~!

Please wait warmly and have a tea, youkai are preparing~

18. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva updated TouhouBound with a new update entry:

Sept. 22nd/23rd Nightly update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Rebelixas

Rebelixas Yeah, You!

A little question i Downloaded the mod but if you update it where did i get the update field?

20. Kitaen Silva

I must apologize, my I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, so I don't quite know how to give you a relevant answer. How do you mean by "update field"?