1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Too much stuff

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jayne Cobb, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

So... a few minutes ago I had an idea and was making a post. Then I realized..... what on earth is this junk. I've had a few decent ideas but I think everyone is trying so hard to make ideas to get likes that they aren't actually thinking about the actual ideas. Anyone else feel this way or have ideas on how to stop this?

2. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Some people actually do this just to get their ideas heard so they think they can get their other ideas heard in the future, a good way to fix this is to actually post on a thread and give the person feedback of what's good and what's not, rather then just looking at the thread and doing nothing.

3. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

Part of it could be due to the fact that we know so little about the game itself. People are just throwing ideas out there that may or may not be usable. Once we know more about the game and its mechanics I think the ideas will become better and more usable in game. And yes, some people put out ideas for the likes. Its nice to have a laugh now and then, but not when there are just tons of unserious ideas.

(What the person said above me was good too)

4. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Yeah both of those points are good, thanks

5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

This is why I don't read the Suggestion Forums yet.

6. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Your post and title make me :laugh:

7. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

As long as it's an epic suggestion, It's fine with me. :iswydt:

8. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Since I love the Suggestions section, I try to provide feedback whenever possible.
    However, I think that people do need to flesh out their ideas before posting, as well as use the search function for once.

9. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

People are very excited at the moment, and they all want to contribute their own ideas.

10. SashaTheDane

SashaTheDane Poptop Tamer

Well, the effect of making alot of things dependent on likes, and removing "Top Posters" on members section, has made people find new ways to seek attention and virtual "Likes"

11. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

This is why I am the grumpy guy of the forums, people need to stop getting pandered and be told straight why their idea (however cool it may be) will not work.
    Heck, I even went so far as to make a whole thread devoted to my "anti-suggestion" against a repetitive and annoying idea, this thread is in the suggestion forum subsection of NPCs and creatures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.