RELEASED TimeSpeed (unofficial) 2.0.3

Provides time speed configuration.

Tags:
  1. einhazard

einhazard Space Hobo

I'm just really happy that I'm not crazy! Thanks for the quick help on that. I'll set it up when I get home from work and update this thread w/how it goes. I haven't played SDV since July when I was using Storm, but since that's dead I'm having to redo my mods. Timespeed is a lifesaver for me, as it lets me make the game more like old school Harvest Moon, and that's awesome. Thanks again for keeping it alive!

::Update:: Installed Stardew on my work laptop, got the mod running. Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    • miriamgibbs29

miriamgibbs29 Intergalactic Tourist

Can confirm the Mac version works fine on any day except festival days :)

• LasurDragon

LasurDragon Astral Cartographer

Happy to hear that. That's what "EnableOnFestivalDays" is actually for.:nod:
        According to cantorsdust:
        So he added this option and defaulted it to false. I didn't test it well on festival days so kept it the same way.
        You can change it to true and it should start working on festival days too.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
        • miriamgibbs29

miriamgibbs29 Intergalactic Tourist

I tried that option a few times, didn't work for me

• cocaQ

cocaQ Big Damn Hero

Where do i have to put the Files ??? No Smapi....

• General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

If you are using Smapi 1.0 + put it in the Smapi mods
              If you are using SMAPI 1.0 +, put the mod in the SMAPI mod folder not the appdata one. In case anyone using Skull Cave Savor you have to put it there as well.

• Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

Using SMAPI i assume i need to make a new folder for the mod too? So it'll be like:
                \SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TimeSpeed\ ...files here... The zip file didn't have a folder in it so it's a bit confusing.

• LasurDragon

Yes, currently you need to put all files in a new folder. I'll repack archives to fix this.

• Kiddles

Kiddles Void-Bound Voyager

Just curious, how is time calculated? Because I have noticed that the value does not match seconds, and it is difficult, impossible even, to place my interval at exactly 20 seconds.

• LasurDragon

curi0 likes this.
                    • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I just wanted to stop in and say thank you so much for this mod. It has made the game so much more enjoyable for me. I hated having to rush around all the time to have a productive day in the vanilla game. Now I can work, saunter around town, talk to my buds, and forage around on the way home and not feel like I have to go hyper drive to make it home before passing out.

10/10 you rock

igtenos likes this.
                      • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

Works good! Only one little hangup. I just came back to Stardew after some waiting some time to ensure that a good plethora of mods would be ready to go for 1.1. So now I've started a new game with the forest farm. The mod seems to hiccup on getting your pet. It permanently freezes time after the event and I can't sleep for some reason. Easy to get around by just uninstalling the mod for the day and reinstalling on the next day, but maybe something to look into? It's not necessarily a game breaker, though. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I got a cat. I'm assuming it does the same for the dog, but not sure.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had the mod installed from the get-go and did NOT encounter the issue that Zelts encountered.
                          I did however find an extremely hilarious bug. If you freeze time in the exact frame that AM swaps to PM at 11:50 to 12:00, it will do that repeatedly, instantly making you go unconscious because you go from noon to midnight to noon and it thinks you were up past 2 AM.
                          It's pretty unlikely to freeze time in that EXACT frame however, so I wouldn't bother with trying to fix it, w

crymblade likes this.
                          • Alvin Wu

Alvin Wu Poptop Tamer

hey i like this mod. i would like to know how to use this mod. what im knowing currently is just pressing N key to stop the time. thanks for helping

• Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

If you have 2 or 3 times slower time, it's actually very easy to make it happen that exact time frame. Would really ruin one's day.

You have . and , keys too to increase or decrease speed. There is a config file to the mod too in mods\... where you can set what the time should always be, so you don't need the keys all the time. 7 is vanilla game speed, or if you set "Indoors": null , it would make time always stop when you are inside or mining.

• TenkoKuugen

Even if your time is really, really slow, there is still only 1 frame where you can press time stop to make the hyper rollover loop happen. Unless you deliberately spam N at 11:50, I don't think that'll happen to anyone more than once in 10 years, heh

• LasurDragon

Thanks for the reports. I'll look into this probably this weekend.

• TenkoKuugen

Please don't bother with the exact frame rollover thing. What happens is that because the time is halted on the exact frame that triggers the AM to PM change, it triggers infinitely. You would need some complicated logic disabling time freeze around that frame or something to "fix" this insanely specific bug. Since nobody else ever reported it, it's not worth your time. Even if you know how to replicate it, I had to resort to autohotkey hammering N to trigger it on purpose a second time.

• crymblade

crymblade Void-Bound Voyager

you could also just disable timestop for that 20 minute span.

• TenkoKuugen

It seems pressing the map key and the time stop key at the same time also causes some issues. Either that or it's the lower ticket and it lowers tick to 0 button. Either way I achieved like 6 hours in 1 second speed somehow by carelessly pressing some keys at the same time