RELEASED Tiffy's Forest Meadow Farm

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tiffy961, Oct 19, 2016.

1. tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi there!
    I decided to have a go at modding and made a Forest Farm with a River my first project. After days and days of concentrating and raging.. I think I'm done. So here it is.

Big fat credit goes to Rosalie and her amazing Enchanted Forest Map which I used as a base.
    And also a big thank you to @FieryChaos for all the help with getting the mod right!

Please note I'm still very much new to modding so things aren't perfect at all. Some parts, like the flowers by the bridge, are a bit weird if you walk too close to them and the cave entrance is simply for show.. you walk onto it to enter the cave.

[​IMG]

More pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways, enjoy! I'm open for suggestions and would appreciate feedback.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
      Juyn, Charlatan, AngryCat and 9 others like this.
    • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

love what you did with the river, especially the opening and the hidden bridge <3

it looks a lot better than I would've done with it, when I start up another new file I'm so using this version :D

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This looks cute!

• tiffy961

Updated with some minor fixes of things I noticed didn't look quite right yet.

• pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

Aww, it's so pretty. I just started a new save on the forest farm and now I'm regretting it. Haha I have one question though. Is the grass diggable?

• tiffy961

Yep. The grass is completely tillable.

• daiseas

daiseas Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I love you map, I have one issue/bug to report. I'm married to Emily, and her outdoor spouse spaces appears like this(the joja sign maybe?).

Attached Files:

• tiffy961

Ah yes. I read about that in another post. It has something to do with the dependency on the tile map, I think. Not sure how to fix it yet, though... I will look into the mater on the weekend and try to find a fix!

Could you maybe send me a screenshot of how the building looks without the mod?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
                    daiseas likes this.
                  • daiseas

No problem! Map editing can become tedious~

Attached Files:

• tiffy961

• daiseas

It still faces the same issue, sadly. I wonder what it is that is causing it to happen? It looks perfect on my file w/o a wife/husband.

• tiffy961

As far as I'm aware, as I said before, it's the dependency of one "town" files where I take some of the things from.
                        I could take the dependency away but that would also delete most other things I added to the farm. I'll keep on trying and hope I'll fix it for you.

In the meantime can I ask if you are going the Community Centre way or the Joja way? Maybe I can take the tiles away but that might only work once the Community centre is done.

• daiseas

I go the Community Centre way. :)

• tiffy961

Right! I tried again. Let's see if this works this time.
                            Download the files here please. If it doesn't work properly please try to put the spring_town2.xnb into the map folder as well.

I basically removed the dependency on the normal town map and made my own without the Joja Mart tiles. REALLY hope this fixes it.

• daiseas

It fixes that issue :)
                              The spouses items in their space is currently missing - however there's no longer the joja sign taking over it.

Attached Files:

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

I think I may have figured out this issue. It appears that it is taking the spouse area tiles from the sheet that is 2nd when all tile sheets are in alphanumeric order. Since with a lot of the edits the outdoors tile sheet is "unknown tile sheet" or something to that nature, it is last on the list, so it is taking tiles from whatever tile sheet is 2nd. I was having a hunch that it might have something to do with the order of tile sheets in the map file, so I went to test it and added a town sheet to my main map edit and was able to both reproduce the error and fix it. So all you should have to do is rename the tile sheet in the map so that it is 2nd when in alphanumeric order. If that isn't it, then my fix is only part of the issue.

• tiffy961

• tiffy961

Mhm. That could be the case. As I lost all my savegames and have to start new, I am not yet married and can't test it.
                                  I will redo the map with the normal spring_farm.xnb and reupload it. If you could try if that fix works without having to add another file I would much appreciate it.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

I've not a married file on any of the new maps; I was testing just on my main save, which is the standard map (Monteso map with a number of edits I did for myself). If anyone wants to send me or link your save files here (so anyone can test), I'd be willing to test; I get bored and sometimes these types of glitches really bother me that I must fix them, either for myself or others. Also was your last file uploads (the one right above) including this fix?.

EDIT: You're farm_foraging is not unpacking for me (throwing an error).

EDIT 2: I've uploaded fixes for Rosalie's maps already. Like said before, all you have to do is rename the outdoors tilesheet in tide so that it comes 2nd in the tilesheets list when ordered. You can keep the town dependencies and the fancy objects it brings without needing any extra files.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
                                    • pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a bit of a problem with the pet bowl. Sometimes it looks cut off, and when it doesn't, I can't see it filled with water.
                                      And this is just a suggestion, but it would be great if you could add like a little rug or something. It's so sad to see the pet sleeping next to the lonely bowl. That corner is supposed to be their little place so having just a bowl there feels a bit heartbreaking. Haha

Also, there are a few spots that I can't till for some reason. Those 3 next to the crops:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016