Modding Help Throwing/Catching Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by projectmayhem, Jul 14, 2017.

1. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Trying to add a new weaponability to my Star Wars mod that lets you throw your lightsaber and catch it. When I went to test it out, the weaponability isnt showing on the lightsabers. I'm fairly positive that I have all path names correct. Since it involves a lot of different files, I'm going to pack them into a zip file, and if anyone of knowledge doesn't mind looking at the and telling me why it wont show, I would appreciate it.

Error log gives ZERO errors related to the lightsaber and the throwing files. So I'm stumped.

For the purpose of someone else testing if needed, I made the saber craftable for 0 pixels with the open hand menu "C"

Attached Files:

IHart likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Did you spawn in a new one before testing? I've had issues of existing weapons not updating with changes, so I need to trash them and spawn in new ones.

3. projectmayhem

Yeah, I spawned in 4 new ones and none of them had the ability

4. lazarus78

Your ability is in the /item/ability folder. IIRC, activeitem related things NEED to be under the /items/active folder path.

5. projectmayhem

It shouldnt, I have Force Grip in the same place and it works fine.

6. lazarus78

Im out of ideas then. I had issues too, when I was doing an alt ability, but I compared your setup to mine and its basically all the same.

7. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your weaponabilities.config.patch is adding a path of "deadshot" but your activeitem file is looking for one called "saberthrow".

8. projectmayhem

Thank you! thats what I get for copy/pasting. It shows on the weapon now, and the weapon is broke! But at least I can go from there and start trouble shooting.