1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

This is goodbye.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Omegagreen, Dec 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

I'm terribly sorry, but I'm going to be blunt here. Your game was good and then went horribly wrong at the last second. I decided at 1.1 to stop playing in protest, and after 1.2 if the issues I had with the game were not fixed (I don't mean performance) I would quit the forums. You did not fix it and somehow made one of the issues I had slightly worse. You will not fix this, I know, I've had the zealous comments from other members that I am completely wrong (and others who said I hit the nail on the head [and others who couldn't care either way]) So in short, I am leaving.
    I will check occasionally when the game updates to hear what you have to say, if the game really does suit my playstyle, I'll come back, until then, you won't have to hear from this hard-head trying to move your game in a more sandbox-rpg-freeform manner.

Sincerely, Omegagreen.
    Goodbye.

Master Automan IV and Pingeh like this.
  2. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Good luck with your endeavors

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If that's what you wanna do, that's fine.

Though I can't imagine people leaving one of the most moddable games out there over gripes with little aspects of the game that can be modded, but whatever. If that's what you want.....

Perhaps once you find out the pasture outside isn't so green, maybe then you'll appreciate what's here, more.

Sh4dowWalker96 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  4. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Don't let the door strike your posterior during your egress.

5. Ludux

Ludux Void-Bound Voyager

You do know that... absolutely any problems you have with the game (aside from engine level stuff like performance, but if your computer struggles with this game you really need a new computer) can be trivially fixed by just... searching through the mods here https://steamcommunity.com/app/211820/workshop/ and... fixing whatever problem you perceive? It's really not difficult.

Sh4dowWalker96 and Ainzoal like this.
  6. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not all of them. Not by far. There are things that this game just cannot be made to do, as it is.

Pingeh likes this.
  7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Never understood posts like these. With only 81 posts since joining, you never contributed much anyway, so you leaving doesn't really impact anything or anyone. All I see is "Waa! They didn't make the game exactly how I wanted, I am going to storm away and pout", which is rather childish.

If you don't like the direction the game development has taken and wish to dip out, then just go. Attempting to draw attention to yourself is like this is, for lack of a more descriptive word, very egotistical. I mean, this post doesn't attempt to start any sort of discussion, it is just you complaining.

So, while it may seem a little harsh, I say good riddance.

As has been said, the game is extremely modable, and your primary issue was the story. Well guess what, the story can straight up be removed or even replaced. Why not learn to mod and start shaping the game the way you like? Nah, you would rather "go on strike", as if that means anything.

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Didn't the devs say 1.2 added hotbar modding?

9. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not really. They allowed the hotbar to be resized, in number of slots per bar or number of bars. It doesn't allow for fixing or adding any of the missing required secondary mechanics. Drag&drop within the hotbar, default slot customization, treating shortcuts as items for placement and dropping, that sort of thing. It needs either opening the entire UI backend to modding, or providing a scripting layer between the hotbar UI and the mod-usable code. For whatever reason (do they have one programmer doing UI and everything else at the same time?), still no progress on that, not even a word on any intent on any progress on that, which is very sad for me. :(

Pingeh likes this.
  10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

But yet, JUST allowing more buttons is a huge God-send for me. That was my #1 beef.

The other issues you list are "meh" things. Sure, it'd be nice, but dude. More than 6 buttons.

That makes me entirely happy. I'm more than willing to accept it as a compromise.

Hotbar Modding for more buttons is literally the biggest thing of this update for me. The. Biggest. Thing.

THE thing I'm going "OH YES!" for.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.