Chat Things that really annoy you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hOI im tEMmIE!!, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

There's several things that really bug me.

People scarfing down food without enjoying it or even tasting it. Regardless if I made it or not- it's not only the fact that they don't try to hide what they are doing, but the display is rather revolting.
    People arguing about things that are opinions and further to that notion- people arguing about things that are opinions which they claim to be fact. IE. "Green IS the best color" vs "Green is my favorite color, and is the best color in my OPINION"
    The last thing that bugs me is when a friend asks me to get into a game, because they are really into it- then after I do they decide they don't like it. So while I'm enjoying a game just so that we could play/do things together they leave to do things they actually want to do. :I

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

orange is the best colour tho

MitKit likes this.
  3. Lunar Haze

Lunar Haze Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whenever I'm playing a game yaknow, And it's multiplayer. And then somebody comes along and says "HOW PLAY GAEM" "HOW DO DAT"
    And whenever I do a thing they're just like "HOW YOU DO THAT" and whenever I'm on the server and I whip out a modded item, It's either "HAXXORS!!!!"
    Or "HOW U GET DAT"

Please just.
    Go a w a y
    N O B O D Y L I K E S Y O U

4. Sentelin

Sentelin Subatomic Cosmonaut

People who take eternity to figure out or refuse to see what's under their nose, when it comes to relationship matter (friendship or otherwise ), while you see it miles away but can only sit and wait that it sunk in their mind.

People who disrespect food by just stuffing in it in mouth, without really enjoying. Or they daily walk few times to fridge to grab "snacks" and eat while standing and then complain they are getting fat.

People who rant about some game just because they feel important, even though what they said was repeated trillions times and only people who care are the ones who are very local. Or people who have to be part of every bash thread like a parasites and relate or just inflate rant/vent further.

5. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Not getting any figurines.
    Those little monsters that get really close to me and make it virtually impossible to hit with an Adaptable Crossbow shot.
    Running through missions over and over to get free Capture Pods, only to reach the end of the mission and the end chest not have any.
    The excavation minigame. Oh my GOD the excavation minigame.
    Wasting an excavation brush to get a fossil I already have.
    Wasting an excavation brush on a failed attempt.
    Pets no longer being levelable.
    The lack of weapon display racks.
    The inability to customize crew members' equipment.
    The removal of the ability to put a gun into a turret to change its ammo type.
    Crew members walking in front of things I need to interact with and causing me to ask them to go with me/stay in place. Then move out of the way when I interact to try to undo that and cause me to do the same with another crew member.
    The pet and tenants walking in front of things I need to interact with. I once had to wait for what seemed like forever because a tenant was standing in front of one of the buttons in my binary password door lock.
    The fact that I cannot seem to find a Luchador Mask anywhere.
    The fact that the Tailor doesn't include your hat when making a uniform. I wanted to make a full team of masked space ninjas. Or space luchadores.
    The lack of invisible clothing in vanilla. I'd like to not have to search for Executioner's Gloves if I want to wreck out with my pecs out without losing armor value.

The fact that the owner of the server I play on hates mods, and will not use one even if its only function is to fix bugs.

6. Megumin

Megumin Guest

i hope nobody will angry but, Mollygos.

7. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

You son of a gun. >:C xD

8. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huge families all walking spread out and not letting anyone pass through

9. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whenever developers charge $60 for their buggy, poorly optimised console port and say it's a finished game and people go "oh just wait for the patch".

I really regret buying No Man's Sky.

rexicom likes this.
  10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Something even more anoying: Making a console game with your computer and porting the PC version poorly. How?

The people I hate are the ones who get to boss game developers. Sure, add a 60$/€ price tag on a game you won't understand. And sure tell the devs how games are supposed to be made.

And when did 60 become the average price? 60 for a game that I could complete in two days? And of course all the people that do pay are telling you how good it is. Starbound costs 14 and Chucklefish isn't going bankrupt.

11. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Right now the fly whose goal seems to be landing on every cm² of my skin
    Edit: the fly has been taken care of.

The subjectivity of our history course

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    MilkCalf and Lodish like this.
  12. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

The fact that I can apparently find lots of rare bones from all manner of weird critters, but a simple pair of human legs keeps eluding me.
    [​IMG]

13. Lazarus Mandas

Lazarus Mandas Void-Bound Voyager

Un(der)feathered, shrinkwrapped, and non-bird like dinosaur depictions.

I hate it.

14. HueHuey

My internet connection
    A bunch of sites won't load for some reason, and my max down speed is around 40kB/s (about 3 times as excruciatingly shitty as usual)
    At least it prevented me from downloading the cancer that is Air Rivals when i momentarily felt like going back to it, quite convenient.

rexicom likes this.
  15. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I'm curious as to why, actually

16. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

People who don't say thank you, ever.

Also if someone chews loudly near me it takes all of my willpower not to explode at them. For some reason chewing invokes some primal anger in me that's actually more intense than any other rage I have felt.

Also my internet has been sporadically going out since last Tuesday. It sometimes goes out for seconds, and other times for hours.

Gotcha! and MilkCalf like this.
  17. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Ending up in a multiplayer game with idiots who can't follow basic advice. When it happens, the result is that I end up using the chat to deliver advice with no subtlety and varying amounts of salt and vitriol. It's even worse in Robocraft, as that game has a bad tutorial. Namely, you're told how to place blocks and fire. The tutorial doesn't say anything about game mechanics such as all Battle Arena mechanics, basic physics, which means almost all robots are either mechs or helicopters, as they ignore psychics (For example, the largest mech leg can be used by placing one and attaching a large gun to it, and it orks perfectly fine), and the game doesn't tell anything about psychics.

Finding typos right after posting something.

18. HueHuey

ugh Robocraft
    That triangle armor exploit that is basically norm at high level immediately turned me off

19. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Overall that game is such a salt mine I personally don't know why I still like playing, as it contains lots of features and bugs thatare really annoying
    Now that you mention it, another thing I find really annoying is when games hide information from players.
    That game not only has the whole triangle armor bit (Which pretty much needs a guide to figure out that it's even a decent idea for anything but saving weight), the fact that, for a building game, it hides a lot of important information, such as the Center of Thrust and center of lift (Guess why planes are so rare in that game), it used to hide it's Anti-Gunbrella mechanics (Which are the reason behind triangle armor), which were removed and unintuitive (Explosions just don't behave like electricity).
    Another one are hare-brained development decisions, such as adding hard-counters in a game that doesn't have specific builds (Which means that not only they can be nullified, but it also means that they can't be balanced), auto-aim weapons (The most ridiculous bit is that they COULD have made them reasonable and original by literally making them fixed weapons), badly-thought tweaks (For example, they once "buffed" planes by making them have more drag...Which made them less agile. And this was in response to planes being incredibily weak at the point because of a hard counter that was already difficult to avoid. And it was harder to avoid becuase it fired faster shots...Which was done because said counter required LEADING THE SHOTS), leaving major balance issues (Namely, out of all ground-based movement parts, only mech legs are useful at all because the rest have bugs that can, for example, cause tanks to move backwards uncontrollabily upon respawning), leaving artifacts from removed mechanics (They removed Megabots but left the parts and later went on to mostly release weapons that would have only been reasonabily sized for Megabots. It is even worse since they literally didn't bother with more important features and it overall led to said parts being highly exploitable).

20. Vilespring

Vilespring Subatomic Cosmonaut

The problem with robocraft is now it's impossible to progress.

Can only get new parts by junking useless rewards far 10%-50% their value, and the better you perform, the less garbage the loot. But doing better is impossible, because there's so many people running around in ~500 CPU (Where I'm at for the most part) with tiny bots that have mammoth top-tier weapons. These bots 1 or 2 shot my heaviest bot (It has 14 electroplates, mind you...), and that 1 gun has so much health for a bit that can be just a gun sitting on the ground shooting, absorbing tons of damage. Even though they're immobile, they're still a big gun, so they kill the low-tier attacker, wait 10 seconds, repair, and scuddle away.

I realized the game wasn't anything like it was a few years ago, left, and I haven't regretted it at all. It was fun while it lasted, when you know, building anything but a mech or a hover would work if it was well engineered.

Now, if you use tracks or wheels you're stupid, and I can't get mech legs because I can't get enough loot. A cycle of failure is what Robocraft is.

I also left for a solid 2 months after the electroplate nerf. You can see why....
    [​IMG]

This bot thrived in the age of well designed bots. The armor allowed me to go against 3 bots alone and leave with 99%. This was before the railgun on top, as that was a last ditch effort to make it competitive again. The SMGs were hidden in the plates, and the number of plates made it so it was almost impossible to hit the bot. Then the EP nerf, and this thing only lasted about 10 seconds in combat...