1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

They should have never given me the relocator.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BlueLeafeon, Sep 9, 2016.

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]
    I have now made it my personal goal as an intergalactic space-cat to hoard ALL THE THINGS on my ship.

The fate of the universe is no longer relevant.

only birds so far, BUT I WILL HAVE THEM ALLLLLL!!

2. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

bruh how did you get them to stand still like that

3. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

From what I know it seems that birds stay perfectly still wherever they are as long as you don't try to walk up to them and disturb them. So he probably placed them from outside their fly-away radius. And they were thus happy to just stay put where he dropped them.

Zetamax likes this.
  4. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

On the contrary, this is the EXACT REASON why they implemented it.

Kaede Grimwater and Zetamax like this.
  5. Cell Materia

wow that must've taken a lot of patience to figure out :D

6. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Sylxeria likes this.
  7. Cell Materia

when i use the relocator it just makes this beeping noise???? how do i use it????????????????

8. shadowpup23

shadowpup23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I'm having the same issue as Cell materia, No matter what critter, fish or livestock i point it at i just get the beeping and nothing else.

9. Cell Materia

i just realised you basically right click on the critter to take them and left click to release them

10. shadowpup23

That's the strange thing, I do that but for some reason it doesn't do anything it just makes that noise no matter how many times i right click the critter. I'm not really sure what's going on.

11. Cell Materia

are you in a linear range to the critter. it basically draws a straight line

12. shadowpup23

Yea I am and still nothing, i thought it was a mod breaking it at first but I uninstalled them and tried again and still nothing. I'm not sure what could be causing it not to work

13. Cell Materia

welp can't help you there buddy....anybody wanna help this guy

14. shadowpup23

I'm all good now, I figured out the issue a mod on steam workshop called Healthy capture was causing it. Also More critters on workshop causes a soft crash (forced back to your ship) Just letting ya guys know encase anyone was having issues, happy to help!

15. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

Since they're enclosed inside a cage, they think that they're "safe" no matter how close I get to said cage. Since technically, I'm not in the same room with them.

I know. When I saw that on the update post I was just like, "Wow really? I'd expect players to do that sort of thing, but not devs!" lol

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  16. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

Kaede Grimwater and Sylxeria like this.
  17. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love your bird cage! I hadn't thought about doing something like this. Must implement immediately.

Kaede Grimwater and Zetamax like this.
  18. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Is that your food pen?

19. Zetamax

Zetamax Void-Bound Voyager

I have also begun this mission, however i am planning to build a critter zoo at my base. critter boxes.png

Sir_Djak and Sylxeria like this.
  20. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I put rabbits all over my brother's colony. I got them all during repeats of the Dreadwing mission while grinding for the trophy. RNG was a jerk that day.