1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Universal Uncrafter v1.46 (p1.2)

Decompose any item with a recipe. Reconstitute useless materials.

1. 3733WOLF

3733WOLF Void-Bound Voyager

How do you go about useing the matter blocks to make others?

2. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Put the basic material you want to create in the first output slot, then put the matter blocks in the input slot. Note that you need to use matter blocks as input, not matter items. If the border of the icon is green then you have the item, not the block.

3. Maxbullet52

Maxbullet52 Void-Bound Voyager

I tried to produce more Outpost Wall with matter in the manner that your GIF demonstrated.
    It produced soylent green...
    Mods installed are:
    upload_2015-2-28_19-7-25.png

4. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Somebody else has recipes for matter then. I'll just make my own "generic material precursor" item and it'll fix all possible complications.

Maxbullet52 likes this.
  5. Maxbullet52

Maxbullet52 Void-Bound Voyager

I appreciate your timely response and greatly enjoy your mod! Keep up the great work!

6. Wellbott

7. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

First off, I really like this mod...but there's some compatibility issues with other mods.

It seems that having the industrialization mod (and maybe the Frackin Universe one, too) screws with the breakdown of other items such as Iron bars (becomes iron chains, and then in turn becomes pixels), copper bars (becomes copper dust). I believe that it was the case for gold bars and silver bars, as well. Aegisalt Bars also became Aegisalt Dust. There could be other conflicting mods, as well...but it seems that in particular the industrialization screws things up, with the dusts being pulled out instead of ores.

I don't know if the addition of new combinations to make the items screwed it up or not, but it seemed to only really be the case for the iron bars and things like that. It's like the recipe lookup is returning the wrong items (I mean, Iron Bars the decorative item, instead of Iron Ore...Aegisalt Dust instead of Aegisalt Ore, etc).

Not sure how it could be fixed on the mod's end...unless it specifically pulled JUST ore back if the smelted bars are put in. One or more of the alloy uncraftings also only yielded the ore bar and not the other piece it's combined with to make the alloy.

I'd have to get into the game in order to check again to remember which, but I haven't really had time to play for a few days. :zzz:

8. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been deeply enjoying this mod so far! I've been building my own dramatic little structure (a giant ice castle), but since ice blocks are not yet craftable in vanilla (despite the game claiming they were) I was having problems finding enough material. This mod let me break down all those extra Ice Chests I was finding into additional material, which was a huge load off my shoulders! But I do have a comment:

I know this mod is a liiittle cheaty already, but I feel like the breaking down of guns is WAAAAY too good. The amount of material you get--and pre-smelted, to boot--just seems way too good. Given that you can almost always find several weapons if you set about to circumnavigate a planet, either through chests or giant monsters, and it makes mining feel pretty obsolete. It's especially bad with snow planets or any planet with a biome that spawns Stone Swords, since those regenerate infinitely. I don't mind the free bars from weapons, but I feel like the number should be vastly toned down. As it is now, it feels a little game-breaky.

9. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The Universal Uncrafter should rather give alloy components, rather than the alloys themselves to it would still be necessary to make said alloys (It mostly happens with Durasteel onwards).
    Shields and bought weapons should give pixels instead, of metals, and the former really shouldn´t give snowflakes.

10. Tim the Slipperman

Tim the Slipperman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a pretty useful mod, although like a few others on the thread I agree it's a bit on the OP side (you can get some of the end-game metals prematurely when uncrafting some mid-tier-powered special weapons; also if you've picked up any Erchius fuel, it could be turned into a bunch of Erchius crystals allowing you to bypass the Erchius mine mission; on top of that uncrafting the extra Erchius crystals nets a ton of pixels...) Nonetheless, good work on this mod :)

11. phoenixonfire

phoenixonfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

do a .zip of this or a .modpak, what cuz 7 z don't work for me

12. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Isn't 7zip free to get and use, though?

Though a .modpak wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea, anyway. ^^

13. Wellbott

Yeah, it would be. Brb.

14. Wellbott

Wellbott updated The Universal Uncrafter with a new update entry:

Modpak + balance tweaking

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Swiftpaw

Swiftpaw Phantasmal Quasar

Does the Grey Goo you get from material blocks actually do anything?

16. Wellbott

It's a mod-specific resource; the Uncrafter can convert it into any other material type at a 1-to-1 ratio. Put a stack of blocks in the output slots and a stack of gray goo in the input slot and it will start converting.

The second gif on the description page gives a pretty good demonstration of the full process.

17. illiamb

illiamb Yeah, You!

Hey,

I Love this mod, from the outside it looks like it works. I had someone look through my log files and found that its making some serious errors. Would you like my logs to inspect?

Attached Files:

18. Wellbott

Thanks! Looks like a non-fatal typo, in occasional possibly shield-related inputs. I'll fix it later today.

19. Requiem

Requiem Phantasmal Quasar

Bug]] Might be found already:

Got by randomness [Actinium Rod], this one converts into 2x[Actinium Ore], which do convert into 2x89 [Ions] (total 178), 178 Ions do convert into 2x[Actinium Rod] ... superlative increasement.
    Always doubling the stack.
    Must be fixed.

20. Necrovore

Necrovore Pangalactic Porcupine

Spigot now supports this mod. Please post any issues and comments in the appropriate discussion thread.

Enjoy your grey goo apocalypse. :badpokerface: