The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

As long as I don't bite into it and find out it's raisins instead. :urgh:

rikkih2o likes this.
    • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's currently an all-out war going on among my internet friends about raisins. :rofl: I don't have strong feelings about them, but I do agree that it's just not ethical to put raisins in cookies if there's any chance of mistaking them for chocolate. It's like when you take a drink expecting pop and it's water. Blech!

rikkih2o and sunlite like this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

I kid you not, I bought what I *thought* was blueberry bagels one time and got home and found out they had raisins in them. It ruined my day. lol

I've never seen fights over raisins but I do see a lot of back and forth about putting pineapples on pizza. I'm in the "keep them the hell off my pizza" camp, fruit should not be hot unless it's in a pie. :rofl: Raisins are just plain gross no matter where they are though.

rikkih2o, sunlite and Seismothesaurus like this.
        • Seismothesaurus

I'd be so mad!

I actually typed and then deleted a reference to pineapple pizza for fear of opening up that can of worms, lol.

(What am I legit eating IRL right now? Uhh... nothing! :speechless:)

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
          • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Oops, I added pineapple pizza as a cooking recipe to my game. :blank:

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I fall into the "no pineapple on pizzas" camp but it's because of the food philosophy of the sweet/savory balance of food. I like sweeter tasting sauces and more savory toppings like onions, peppers and olives. Pineapple makes a pizza sweeter and for me that always throws off the balance with the sauce. What compliments pineapple the best as a topping is meats and I don't eat those on pizzas.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
              • Seismothesaurus

There's a Canadian chain (the very cleverly named Pizza Pizza) that has a sweet chili Thai sauce option, so I always pair that with my pineapples (plus their vegan cheese). That sauce is much better than pineapples with regular tomato sauce, IMO.

To make this relate in any way back to SV, I like to get pineapples and peppers on pizza because I think my video game husband would appreciate it, lol.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I got an idea for a mod or new game feature. Every time you make a pizza you can decide whether you'd like to add one or two ingredients. This will add some buffs depending on what you add and you get to name it. I don't care how it is made possible, but I need this.

springacres and Seismothesaurus like this.
                  • sunlite

Just want to update on my modding!

First off, I fixed the cookie mishap. Turns out I accidentally put "8 23" instead of "823" (the cocoa crop ID), and 8 is the ID of the error item, so yeah whoops. lol

I added 2 new cooking recipes; there were a few unused cooking textures, so I recycled a couple and made them items.

The first is Dragonfruit Smoothie:
                    [​IMG]
                    Ingredients are one dragonfruit, one strawberry, and one milk jug.

....then there's Hot Cocoa:
                    [​IMG]
                    Ingredients are one cocoa and a milk jug.
                    EDIT: Ignore the fact that there's a typo, I'll fix it later, just can't right now because it's 2 in the morning and I need to sleep.

It was actually only a matter of editing a few XNB files, I'm tempted to start adding more things!

Now, excuse me...
                    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
                      Seismothesaurus likes this.
                    • Jerev

You are definitely making a strong argument for trying out the More Crops Mod and yours :)
                      Is cocoa a multiple harvest crop?

sunlite likes this.
                      • sunlite

Thank you!

And it's actually a tree crop and can be planted in the spring.

Also, the More Crops, Unofficial Continuation is unfortunately broken as of 1.2. The formatting is outdated and therefore the game will not start up. I just used the file for "Stephan's Lots of Crops" as a base, then added the things from MCM I wanted in my game while fixing the formatting. There's another thread that explains the formatting change: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/i-found-out-what-cause-crashes-in-stardew-1-2.132461/

You might also want to change up things to your liking...I personally didn't like some of the descriptions for the MCM so I changed those, and also made the fruits I added edible (except Cocoa). I did like some of the MCM textures better, and swapped them out from Stephan's Lots of Crops.

It is quite a bit of work to learn, but it's basically adding a new texture to the springobjects file, adding a line of code for it in ObjectInformation, and editing any subsequent files needed to be done (for adding crops, you need to add a line of code to Crops.xnb). You can also add it to NPCGiftTastes.xnb, but that's just optional if you want to gift the villagers your crop. It's all explained here in the 'Crops' section: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7NLvJ6iIu6kh1oRGKE-Uw25Aak0xs2S5_MA9to (just remember to add /[item name]/ before the description)

TL;DR: The easiest thing to do if you want more crops is just installing Stephan's Lots of Crops and if you want take on the challenge of adding a crop yourself.

Jerev likes this.
                        • Jerev

I just started using mods. Making my own would be a challenge that I won't have enough time for in the near future. Maybe next year I'll look into it, but who knows what happens until then.

• LuthienNightwolf

While we're talking mods, where can I get those flowers in your screenshot @sunlite ? I know they're from Eemie's seasonal mod but the png file that came with the buildings won't open (says it can't parse the file, whatever that means) so I can't get to them. I want to add them to my custom furniture set I'm making for my next farmer but I only need the potted flowers (or even just the flowers, I can make pots for them if needed).

blackprincess8 likes this.
                            • Seismothesaurus

The MCM that's packaged with Longevity still works. I don't know if using that version would make working on this project easier for you?

sunlite likes this.
                              • sunlite

Yess, thank you so much! I didn't want beef crops in my game anyway haha

Actually you can get the flowers from the Classy new interior furniture set. They replace some of the house plants.

Here are the flowers from the Victorian Buildings mod if you want to use and pot any of them too. (top to bottom is Spring, Summer, Fall)
                                [​IMG]

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

I hear ya. Every time I eat something spicy (which isn't very often because I don't like spices and I do like having taste buds) I think of Shane. (Also, my favorite kind of pizza is Hawaiian - pineapple + Canadian bacon.)

On a related note, Shane's comments about hot pepper chutney at the Luau make me think of my mom's apple chutney. She accidentally added twice the cayenne pepper to a batch a few years back and has made it that way ever since.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Everyone who likes pizza needs this... I know I do!

• LuthienNightwolf

PERFECT thank you! <3

I'm going to put them in pots and replace most of the chairs actually, that way I can get three different things out of one piece of furniture. hehe

sunlite likes this.
                                      • Seismothesaurus

Ooh, I want it! Never had apple chutney, but I like spicy. I'd love to have some curry recipes in the game. I like that little suggestion that Shane might enjoy them, too. It would be nice to have more loved prepared foods for some of them, just to mix things up.

springacres likes this.
                                        • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

And now for something completely different...

I just got tickets to see Yuja Wang in concert!!!! :headbanging::catwink: