The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Nice !

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
    • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

So, for the first time, I took the Tracking option so I could see where all the foraged items would be. It took me quite a while to figure out how it worked (those little arrows don't showup well against the farm ground colour). I still think I would have rather gone with the Purple quality option again, though.

It seems that Spring Onions aren't considered forage as there was no arrow pointing to them. However, it's a little bit handy that Truffles are considered forage as they generate an arrow. This is a little handy since I have a dozen pigs sharing a fenced-in area with 36 other animals! It makes it a rather busy area and seeing all the truffles can be a pain! I usually end up collecting them at night when all the animals head into the shed at 5pm.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I looooove the Tracker perk, I never pick anything else. I like to scour the map daily for forage so those arrows are super handy telling me exactly where to go, and I don't have to waste time walking the entire map if there's nothing there. Only downside is when stuff spawns out of reach, the little arrow just sits there and taunts you all week. lol

• The Grabbing Goblin

The Grabbing Goblin Tentacle Wrangler

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure how I feel about the Tracker. I took it on my first save and it's great for helping with the museum collection, but inventory management can be a beast when you're doing a forage run or hit a mushroom level in the mines. I took Botanist for my truffle ranch and I'm glad I did. With the Gatherer perk, some days I get nearly 30 iridium truffles from 14 pigs, and most of them haven't gotten up to "really happy" yet.

• LuthienNightwolf

Unless you're a beast about inventory management. lol I never run into issues with space because I obsessively empty my inventory of all but whatever is needed for whatever I'm doing at the time. Going fishing? Just bring a pole. Going mining? A pickaxe, a sword and some food. Foraging? Just the basic tools. The one time I've had to stop doing something because I was out of space was after a really long run in the skull dungeon.

Of course, I fully understand Timespeed allows me this luxury, since running back to the farm after each task means I don't *need* to carry so much with me.

Borodin likes this.
            • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Agreed. All my dispensables go into chests, except what I need at the moment. So if I'm going to the tavern, I take whatever I want to gift the folks. Tackles remain at home unless I plan to fish that day. If I'm going to get geodes broken, etc. Keeping a relatively empty inventory means you have more room for anything you do encounter, without having to make choices of what to keep when you find something along the way.

• Seismothesaurus

Yeah, I suppose it's less of a problem if you don't mind dumping most of your gear. I personally don't like to do that, though, because I like to be prepared for anything and able to switch up my plans without going home. And I get itchy if I encounter a bunch of dig spots I can't get that very important clay from. ;)

(Unless I'm going to the desert. Then the only tools I bring are the pickaxe, hoe, and weapon.)

• Seismothesaurus

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Stryder87

What have I done?!? I married Leah to see why there were so many team Leah people out there. All in all I didn’t find her to be any better of a wife than some of the others. So… I just divorced her. As soon as I went to sleep for the night to make it final I remembered we were expecting in the next couple of days!! Ahhh!!! How could I do that to her?!?! She spent the next three days locked inside her cabin and wouldn’t come out. Poor thing must have been crying her eyes out since the divorce came out of nowhere. When she finally did come out, she coldly told me she decided she was happier on her own, and she didn’t want my gift, even though it was her favourite, a salad! Cold… Man I feel like a complete jerk. Poor thing…

Ah well, I’m marrying Penny in a couple days. You know, this marriage thing could be a useful way to farm Stardrops. Marry someone, get them to 13/12, get a Stardrop, divorce them, marry someone else, get another Stardrop, etc. Then wipe all their memories and start over again. Hmmmm…. I may be on to something here….

sunlite likes this.
                  • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you're only able to get 1 total from that actually, even after a divorce.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

LOL, the things people ask you! Like Shane asking me to accompany him to the saloon while we're BOTH AT THE SALOON. Or asking where the Joja Cola is and then asking me why I'm giving him my garbage when I try to hand him one.

sunlite, Seismothesaurus and Jerev like this.
                      • Seismothesaurus

He's always telling me he's going to the saloon when we're both there already. And sending me on errands for things he hates. You perplex me, but... you do you, buddy. :D

• Stryder87

Must... test... this... :lod:

• Stryder87

You know, as weird as this may be, surprisingly enough, Truffle Oil is one of my biggest consistent money makers. With 12 pigs all shooting up truffles, sometimes as many as 48 a day, it brings in some serious cash!

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

So....after ~5 hours of editing XNB files.....I picked out random crops that I liked from More Crops Mod and Stephan's Lots of Crops mod, edited them to how I liked them, and so I started incorporating them into cooking, adding/replacing ingredients. I'm pretty proud of myself considering I had little to no coding knowledge going into this, but anyway.....here's some of the recipes I tweaked:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and then this happened.

[​IMG]

No biggie, just a typo when I meant to put cocoa, but still thought it was funny. Evelyn, what are you feeding the town?!

I can't upload any of my mod edits, but I'll link where I got the mods from:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-crops-unofficial-continuation.129349/ (The ObjectInformation file is outdated and therefore the mod doesn't work anymore, I just took certain trees from the mod and fixed the code. The cocoa pictured is from this mod)

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-stephans-lots-of-crops.126483/ (Really love this mod, it even adds a few new recipes! I did retexture a couple of the crops though, lol. The spinach and carrot you see in the above pics are from this mod)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
                              • LuthienNightwolf

Well I'm sure Abigail would like those cookies. lol

I really wish I wasn't so hesitant to use any SMAPI mods besides Timespeed, I'd love to have all those new crops and stuff.

wronghandle, sunlite and springacres like this.
                                • Seismothesaurus

It's funny enough that it's basically rocks, but it's also 23 rocks.

nekoCrimson and wronghandle like this.