The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for just random game stuff, I thought I might try starting one. I didn't want to make a new thread for every little weird thing I wanted to share... haha Trust me, you don't want that!

So here's a couple things I had happen:

Oops.jpg
    Because my farmer likes to change the direction he does things to match where the mouse is instead of doing it the direction he's facing, I just managed to pull his cast just into the water using the D key. Still got trash... DOH!

I never knew trees could grow here! I found a seed had fallen here and decided to let it grow.
    Hmmmmm.jpg

Crustacean tax. I have my own Lobster/Crayfish. This is Zaphod Beeblebrox... hanging out...

Zaphod Hanging Out.jpg

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a clutch save on that cast, lol. :rofl:

Can anyone contribute? It's a great thread topic.

I had an awkward fishing experience as well:
      1.jpg

Gus eats paper:
      2.jpg

I feel personally attacked by this relatable content:
      3.jpg

Pots full of trash in the middle of this nature festival, whoops:
      4.jpg

Uhh it's 6pm and we're at the bar, I think you're safe:
      5.jpg

I guess I shouldn't be too critical of a slime that has learned human speech, but...:
      6.jpg

I swear I talked to him that morning and yet he says this in bed at 1:20am:
      7.jpg

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I have tons of stuff but it's already kind of spread out on other threads. I'll just pick one from each of my four saves:

Junimo Haven, my first farm: Found a slime in the water. Stardew was still way new to me back then so I didn't know how easy it was for this to happen. (I also wasn't breeding slimes off the farm yet.)
        slm pls.jpg

Firefly Hollow, my second farm: A cow had gotten up into the out-of-bounds area/cliff above the pasture:
        Defiant Cow.png

Miss Mara's Chicken Ranch, farm three: A flower tried to sell me ice cream.
        Daffodils dont sell ice cream.png

And my current farm, Misthaven Manor - I caught Seb outside one day, hanging out by Grandpa's shrine. I guess he wanted to pay his respects. lol (sorry for bad quality, that pic was taken with my phone)
        Seb Visits Grandpa.jpg

• Stryder87

Those cows are so cute! Which mod is that?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Nice lobster you got there. I hope you take him out for a walk and some cuddles regularly! :poke:

• LuthienNightwolf

Cuter, Fatter Cows for the brown ones and Harvest Moon Cows for the white ones. You should be able to find it on Nexus, I'm on my phone so I'm too lazy to go get it for you. >u<

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Are you sure it's a cow? To be honest, I thought it was a hippo with bad denture work. That would make any hippo want to escape for a little personal time.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

So I'm not the only one who has bought ice cream from a daffodil during summer? Or started talking to a Crocus... and actually got a response. I think his name was Carl... or maybe it was Chris. Eh, who knows.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                  • LuthienNightwolf

Well they moo and produce milk, so it's either a cow or a confused hippo. lol My mom calls them bubble cows.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

These are all from my first save a few months ago. Not much has happened in my current play through lol.

[​IMG]
                      Soooo I was feeling bored during the flower dance and was like 'why not dance with Elliott?' Needless to say, I didn't exactly fit in....(also what is Penny's face?)

[​IMG]
                      Where do you think you are, Haley?

[​IMG]
                      Honey, you're in the wrong bed...

[​IMG]
                      Yes, and I wish I was still a farmer. (On a serious note, Pam, please stop drinking beer.)

[​IMG]
                      And this is why I feel like a criminal for supporting Joja. (If you're wondering how this happened, I was testing the infinite gold pumpkin glitch and I slept until Spirit's eve, and it worked, so I spent it on Joja to avoid having to do a legit Joja playthrough to get the achievement. Guess I finished the warehouse before the community center quest triggered.)

[​IMG]
                      No. NO. Anything but that. I don't eat my friends! How could you, SDV?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
                        eveeisme, SoggyPanda, Marco93 and 2 others like this.
                      • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't caught it with a screenshot, but here is what happened:
                        One night at 11 pm I walked home from the mines. At the shore of the mountain lake Sebastian entered the light radius of my glow ring. When I talked to him he said to me: " I don't know what I want to do today.". At 11 pm...what are the exact ingredients of your cigarettes Sebastian?

• Stryder87

Since I'm on vacation this week, I decided to spend some quality time with SDV. I just found something I never knew! I upgraded my coop to the 2nd stage and went to grab some hay for the chickens. I clicked to pick up 3 pieces, but needed two more, so I clicked on the feeder again. It put the hay back in the feeder!! I didn't know you could do that!! I don't know how many times I had grabbed more than I needed and didn't know you could put the hay back in the feeders! So... much... hay... thrown... away... *sob*
                          I knew you could put it into the Silo, but wow.. this seems so... big... haha Man... something so simple and I just didn't even think to try it!

_jdaco and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                          • Jerev

I just want to share my luck with you. Maybe a little taunting for everyone who wants to complete the CC in year 1, but: I got Red Cabbage Seeds from the travelling cart on 19th Summer Year 1.

[​IMG]

Saraneth likes this.
                            • Stryder87

Soooooo jealous!

• Stryder87

I just took a run through town after dark while it was raining and did my round of dumpster diving. It's amazing what you can get!

What are the best things you've found while dumpster diving?
                                I got cookies from Grannies garbage can, Geodes from the Library and Blacksmith cans, Chocolate cake and a Super Cucumber (just now) from the Tavern.

The things these people throw away!

• LuthienNightwolf

I had a save where the cart had a cabbage and seeds on the same day. I think I was able to complete the CC in winter but I held off until Spring.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I find a ton of trout soup. Must be disgusting.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gold bars and diamonds. These people, I swear.

One time I got a request for Joja Cola from Evelyn and just happened to check their trash immediately after (I always dumpster dive), and... it had Joja Cola in it.

• LuthienNightwolf

I've never actually dug in the trashcans (on purpose) - it just feels wierd. lol

I did accidentally click the one outside Haley and Emily's house though, right when Haley was coming out and I was trying to give her something. So of course I grossed her out. :oops:

Also, I didn't know you could turn the Junimo's "off". There's a little button that pops up when you open the inventory on their hut and I almost never noticed it, until one day I did and I was like :eek:

I guess if you don't want them to harvest you just click it and they won't pick anything that day. Never knew you could do that!

sunlite, Marco93 and Seismothesaurus like this.
                                        • Jerev

On my new farm I got a diamond and a tuna during my first spring. So I would say it can be very useful.