The Strange and Unusual

Discussion in 'Other' started by Inferno_Draconis, Jun 30, 2012.

1. cvbbot

cvbbot Pangalactic Porcupine

Well as you may also have noticed, the devs have a good sense of humour, AND they also have the interest in doing little side projects. Besides, they can always leave it to be post-release, there's always plenty of time.

The additional money would be visual-only (that is, not stored in your character, just added when painted on the screen), since you're not even able to do anything with it anyway.

2. Tormbo

Tormbo Master Chief

Wow, I'm so loving this. Giving it almost a fallout-esque weirdness, if anyone recalls the strange random encounters you could find in Fallout 1 and 2 and a bit less so in 3 and New Vegas.

3. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't want that for Starbound 1:1. But maybe you could encounter extremely strong mobs, something you can't really hurt. And as it reaches you / hits you, it makes 999999 dmg, but instead of dying, the monster disappears and you are back some metres away the way you came :)

4. ZobmieRules

ZobmieRules Big Damn Hero

Ok, that's better. Thanks for the Starbound example. :p

I believe that the Devs would be at least a little interested in all of this. They're trying to make an amazing, immersing experience with Starbound and in games, great DETAIL puts games up another ring in the scale of quality. Plus there's what cvbbot said for their time.

5. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Most epic idea EVAR supported.

6. ZobmieRules

Dude, next time, just use :scissors: instead of quoting everything, especially if you're not adding anything to the thread.

7. Sqwal

Sqwal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay geez .-.

8. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

That just makes it much more interesting xD

9. TheKrister2

Now I don't know if you have read the entire thread but in it they said that these happenings are very rare so it won't be everyday in your game and it would be well worth it for the developers because it would give the game another feel like you actually begin to think about what you do in the game to like not die, because when I played a game that begins on T xD I didn't care and ran thru everything because it lacked the creepy or scary feel I wanted it to have it was the most fun in the start when you were weak but as you grew strong you became to strong so now I think it is easy to play on that kind of view D: not that it has much to do with Starbound tho but like I just wanted you to check to see if anyone had said anything about it being rare or not (I like it xD)
    (Sorry if this sounds rude because that was not my intention)

10. TheKrister2

Now then I hope there will be some achivements for this if it gets implemented cause those would be kind of a lol to get xD I don't think there will be any achivements for this tho xD but in my opinion it would be cool

11. cvbbot

cvbbot Pangalactic Porcupine

Please stop dammit. Triple post and EX DE all over the place. Not to mention the grammar
    Please, no, no, no, no

TTCBuilder and ZobmieRules like this.
  12. ZobmieRules

I just calmly gave you a tip. No aggression meant.

13. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

• In a dark area, the darkness appears to move. Shining a light into it reveals nothing. - contribution by Shifter

This is why i hate to be alone at night in my house
      Dude you scared shit outta me lol

14. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

If there's an x-ray vision thing, think like the Super Metroid visor:

[​IMG]

at some point it reveals a creepy scene or object in the background, if you shut off your visor and reactivate it, the scene is gone.

cvbbot and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  15. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

On a planet devoid of any sort of life and populated with ruined buildings, there could be a massive crater in the background. In the largest building, at the top floor, there could be a skeleton with a note saying "They wouldn't listen", "I could have stopped this", etc.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  16. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

I'd love it if an unidentified ship fly overhead while you're on a planet, beam up a creature from the surface and then blast off out of sight.

Jonesy, Zebe, TTCBuilder and 5 others like this.
  17. TheKrister2

That would be seriously AWESOME <3

Ricky150 likes this.
  18. Ricky150

Ricky150 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I got an idea,

- You look into a mirror in an alien planet that appears to have had civilization before some kind of apocalypse at night and in a building you look into a mirror and see a "shadow" double of yourself with red eyes 2 seconds later it gets a radio wave disruption effect ( like the top moves to the right and the bottom the left in a zigzag and it looks a fuzzier ) and disappears upon leaving the planet, you don't teleport out you wake up in your space ship and if you try to go back to the planet it won't be there

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  19. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

One night, instead of the sun rising, a star near the horizon begins to become brighter and brighter, seemingly getting closer, eventually becoming as bright as the sun and orbiting just as the old planet's sun did. Perhaps when you come on board your ship, you're in a completely different system.

Ricky150 and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  20. SlyNinjaRabbit

SlyNinjaRabbit Title Not Found

How about if you mine away a background block a creepy white face appears for a split second then scurries off