The Strange and Hilarious

Discussion in 'Other' started by Inferno_Draconis, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TheLochNessCheeseBurger

TheLochNessCheeseBurger Phantasmal Quasar

It's actually a reference to the bermuda triangle, if you've ever heard of that. Where planes and ships disappear without a trace. The biggest disappearances were 'flight 19' which is what the 'five avenger planes' references. The USS Cyclops is another one, a huge ship which shouldn't have sunk (and has not been found).

2. Dorsidwarf

Dorsidwarf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Heres a suggestion - A whale and a flower pot drop out of the sky and crush a boss enemy that is ten threat levels hugher than the planet.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  3. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

I know that from somewhere, but i don´t remember where!

Dorsidwarf likes this.
  4. Dorsidwarf

Don't Panic - you'll get it soon enough.

SpaceNarwhal likes this.
  5. Oh, no. Not again! :rofl:

6. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

:iswydt:
    Now i remember!!! THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!!!!! :giggle:

7. TheAwesomeAvian

TheAwesomeAvian Sandwich Man

A rabbit with a stopwatch pushes you aside while rushing by saying I'm Late, I'm Late

I have another one, You find a floating top hat, with a monicle, and a huge mustache, it acts like a normal person would

That would creep me out

Dorsidwarf and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  8. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

How bout the apperence of Sorlaq? My mentlly-handicapped Dragon brother.

9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I strongly suspect this being a Mary Poppins Reference... but nonetheless, if I actually saw this in-game, I strongly suspect the possibility that the first thing I would do after seeing this is Pause the Game, come here to the Forums, & Bug Report this. :cautious:

Dorsidwarf likes this.
  10. Galium

Galium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On a fairly technologically advanced planet, there is a robot that looks like a security robot that is inexplicably happyslobbering with euphoria.

On a primitive planet, there is a spaceshipwreck, and nearby there is a pink sleeping bag emblazoned with "Have a Nice Day" in many different languages, as well as a small tablet-like device (tablet as in iPad) .

A miserable planet named NowWhat.

11. Dorsidwarf

Nope, it isn't a reference. But since you mention it...

A poptop parachutes out of the sky using an Umbrella

and yeah, the suggestion should make them claw at the air frantically or something to let you know it;s not just a glitch.

Farbius and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  12. Yulani

Yulani Aquatic Astronaut

Randomly, a red telephone box will appear. A man with a fez on his head will stick his head out, look around then duck back in the box. Shortly after the box disappears.
    Love this thread, by the way!

Farbius and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  13. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

And here's my suggestion. On a deeply forested planet at night, the screen will suddenly glitch and the sound gets all wonky. You can see a tall man in a suit teleport slowly towards you while you're unable to move. Upon reaching you the glitches stop abruptly, and the man sits there for a moment, briefly coughing. He then says "Gimme 20 Pixels." If you do, he gives you a rare endgame item or weapon. A cliche' 16-bit 'creepy tune'(boo-wee-oo) plays before gameplay resumes as normal, he disappears, and he will never be seen again. This is extremely unlikely to happen, and a player could play through the game many times and never see him.
    YES. Now I don't know about the creepy stuff, because Starbound is light-hearted but this is great and your ideas are great. The ones I liked a lot are in bold.

14. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

How about...
    When your inactive for some time (This only affects the user) your character begins moving on his own, but begins to walk slowly towards you, the screen becomes black and your character keeps walking closer and closer...Then he pokes the screen, giggles and runs away.
    (If you move your keys at all, it will end with your character being the same, but he will be grinning and giggling for 3 minutes.)

15. Brixmon

This. It'd be creepy to find your character walking towards the screen after being AFK, only to find that it was just messing with you. :laugh:
    EDIT: Oh, and what if it played the actual sound of someone poking glass?

16. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

^_^

17. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

Yes yes yes and more yes. I completely love random occurrences, both scary and just wacky. I'm gunna proudly support this one.

Also perhaps for a Major Occurrence, a town of a new species you find does nothing but run away from you flailing their arms and screaming. Not even really out of terror, just a ridiculous amount of flailing.

18. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MEN!

:p

And yes, Random occurrences are awesome.

Alternal likes this.
  19. Brixmon

Not if party sounds play.
    "PHOO!"
    :proper: I say.

20. Casimir VanKrieg

Casimir VanKrieg Zero Gravity Genie

1 - At night, when the moon is high on the sky, the sun appears also. Then, the moon grows two arms and draws an umbrella and drives the sun off the screen with the umbrella and comes back to your normal place.
    2- Somewhere with water, you find an fisherman. You talk to him, and he tells you to visit his castle. Then, a little quest occurs (those who know the legend are on it), and then, you leave the castle. In the outskirts, if you didn't made the quest right, there is a maid crying over a rock, and she asks you if you made the questions. As you reply you didn't, she yells that you should've done that, explain a few things and run off the screen. Then you try to come back to the castle to ask those questions, and find out the castle vanished. On the other hand, if you did the quest right, there's a good prize to it from the fisherman.
    3 - A gigantic meteor appears on the sky background, coming towards the player, and in the last moment, stops, explodes and a big banner with BANG! written on it slowly vanishes on the screen. There could be some warning on the screen, given by the space station.
    4 - In some pre-historic planet of sorts, you see something like a T-Rex running away from some small creature.

Later I'll give more ideas, I'm just empty right now.