The Star Veterans (v2)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Shark, Dec 8, 2013.

1. mitzSBnovakid

mitzSBnovakid Title Not Found

i felt like joking around @playerjerry2 and throwing a bunch of kittens at you, but nah. too silly! also, a server which could handle a few people STILL would be awesome! i just wanna meet some clan members in-game!

2. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I agree. I can't wait until we can actually start doing stuff as a clan on the server, and I can get to know you guys more as players and as people. Speaking of which, do we have a rough estimate of when the server should be back up?

CaptainMcManface and Seajun_ like this.
  3. Seb

Seb Phantasmal Quasar

Twenty...three?

Welcome back from inactivity, mitzSBnovakid and Shooting Star. It is unfortunate that you should return to a largely inactive thread. I'll apologise to everyone on behalf of the dead mods and myself:

Please accept these humble apologies.

Thank you to those of you who have continued posting and tried to keep the thread alive; in an ideal world I would say "We'll all be playing Starbound together soon!" Unfortunately I cannot speak for everyone (sometimes not even myself, depending on whether I am under the influence of alcohol / mania / melancholy / boredom / four-dimensional beings / delusions of grandeur / delusions of exaggerated inferiority / other assorted delusions / mind-controlling brain parasites / sugar / caffeine / etc.), and life has a habit for getting in the way of plans; however well-made.

Though I can and will say: I hope we will play Starbound together soon! A couple of things have changed since I last played and the game seems to be improving with every update. As for the server issues we've had in the past, only an attempt to play together again will tell us if there'll be any problems on that end...

Peace out.

Shark and CaptainMcManface like this.
  4. mitzSBnovakid

how about we all play on another server, because we're so bored? (also, i got quite offended by someone who thought my serious post was just something in the game. how would YOU guys feel if someone was making the quote go mad (and not a single word left from the original sentence) and you were trying to be nice, telling that guy that they were being a bit naughty with the sentences... then suddenly another (censored) decides to edit that quote into mayhem! it really made me mad! yeah, this was on a forum on another game...) can someone help my character by buying me some erchius crystals and meeting me on a server? (i haven't completed the FTL drive quest yet. will it still work to repair my FTL drive? the erchius mining facility is way too scary!!)
    edit: I'll also post on the multiplayer thread for good measures...

5. Will Liferider

I wouldn't recommend skipping that part of the game. It's really important, and not scary at all if you consider the fact that you have the ability to blow to smithereens everything that might hurt you. Also, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get the crystals outside of that mission. Although, if it's too hard, here's a walkthrough:

The boss is kinda tough looking, but he's really easy if you pay attention to the patterns. Also, bring a broadsword or a shield so you can block his attacks, and you're golden.

6. mitzSBnovakid

it said on the wiki that you can buy them after you fix your FTL drive and complete the mission. i'm hoping someone can buy erchius crystals and see if i can use them to fix the FTL drive. if not, i can go to the outpost TP pad and TP to them when they beat the mission. i'm a scaredy cat, BUT i can easily craft!
    edit: maybe i'll show you guys the cutest snugget in the UNIVERSE!

7. Will Liferider

If that's possible, I would be glad to give you anything you need. I'm just not sure how we could meet without a server to meet on.

8. mitzSBnovakid

(hint, hint, ilovebacons server, temp home server, hint hint hint...)

9. Will Liferider

Hey guys, I have some things I want to show you.

Since our home base is going to be on an ocean planet, I've been messing around with airlock designs. It's not the most efficient design, but I figured it's a start. Here's a prototype I made of a simple airlock design
    Starbound Airlock Prototype 1.jpg

Here's the wiring for it.
    Starbound Airlock Prototype 1 Wiring.jpg

Here's a more polished version I made for my own home. I added a turret to keep stray fish from opening the outside door.
    Starbound Airlock Prototype 1 Polished.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. There's a guy that's much smarter than me that made a tutorial that I watched a little of to get an idea of what I'm doing. I have some big ideas for when the server is back up.

10. mitzSBnovakid

good idea! guess whaaaaat!? i got hearing aids for comet! (AKA a working computer with sound)
    can't wait to play with ya guys!

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  11. Will Liferider

The little pit underneath the platforms has a drain in either corner of it. The drains suck up water indefinitely, so they're pretty useful. The little spheres at the bottom are water sensors. They're hooked up to a NOT gate, which in turn is wired to an AND gate along with the proximity sensor, so you can't open the door while there's still water in the airlock.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  12. harnackam

harnackam Ketchup Robot

I'll probably join the server if I manage to get active again.
    (First post in half a year!)

Seajun_ likes this.
  13. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

I'll most surely join the server. Also, on an unrelated note, it's almost here...

14. Will Liferider

Hey guys I have ideas for when the server gets back up that I'd like to share with you guys.

Since bosses are really formulaic and mobs are really easy, I figured the best way to have fun killing something would be to kill each other. Therefore, why not build a huge arena designed specifically for that purpose? I was on a hiking trip a few months ago and to occupy my time I came up with an idea I think will be pretty cool.

There will be 8 zones, one for each paint color. Each arena will be roughly 100x100 and completely enclosed. There will be a theme for each color. Here's a couple pictures of a prototype design I made for the yellow zone, A.K.A. the "mine" zone.

This is the top of the zone, with the entrance to the mine to my right.
    Starbound Yellow Zone 1.jpg
    This is the middle of the arena: a series of unlit tunnels that could lead to treasure or traps.
    Starbound Yellow Zone 2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, and if this is something you'd like to have on the server. Or if you guys have any suggestions for design elements for the arena.

Thanks!

15. mitzSBnovakid

woah @Will Liferider you must have lots of free time!

i thought of an awesome project... lemme tell you the story of how it came to me:
    so i was walking along on a snow planet, minding my own business, when i came across a snowy structure which reminded me of a video on startube (a structure of a worn down building) and it was made of snow. so i thought of a really cool plan:
    project 94741319-a! (yea, i'm bad at random numbers, went to a random number generator online)
    someone will build a portal
    [he meant host a server] (and get paid [in starbound]) and someone will host as a dock for the people joining this project (like me) and we will build igloos on a snow planet which are entrances to a futuristic project! it will give us something to do while we wait for the main portal to be up!
    -comet (what he told me through the dimensional phone)
    i hope someone can help me make this project true. i really want this to keep us connected and keep the clan alive!
    (edit: he told me later the nickname is "proj. 947-a"!)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  16. Will Liferider

I don't quite understand what you're suggesting. Could you elaborate, in plain English preferably?

17. mitzSBnovakid

i tried my hardest to just be silly and use comet's voice (but translate certain parts to make sense).
    also, just look at how dead the clan has been for the past few months D: i wanted to liven up the clan!
    (also, startube in starbound = youtube in real life)
    i wanted to keep us busy, making an awesome project which is igloos that have entrances to a scientific base which has all sorts of stuff in it, including quarters to live in! wouldn't it be cool to meet up with the rest of the gang and liven up this group?

18. Will Liferider

That seems legit. When you say "entrances" do you mean like a tunnel or like a teleporter?

The clan is pretty quiet. I haven't heard or seen Shark in months

19. mitzSBnovakid

a tunnel. like some platforms with a code lock to get in. (we'll need to hire a wirer...)

20. Sorry I haven't been here guys. I'd like to blame my absence on the fact that I've been pretty busy with work and school as of late, but in reality I've just lost interest in playing Starbound right now. Even with new content updates, it fails to hold my interest. Maybe I'll try to get back into it after I finish up with finals.

But don't worry, as long as there's a few people still in it, the Star Veterans aren't going anywhere. If you want to talk to me personally or play a different game with me, I'm usually available on steam.