The Star Veterans (v2)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Shark, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Well I can't wait for the server to start up :D.

Also, unless I read this wrong, we can't build sacrificial altars and fighting arenas? Because I for one planned on sacrificing anyone who believes in Kluex to the god Kleenex.

2. Dtb290

Dtb290 Pangalactic Porcupine

Build whatever you like, just not on the Clan Planet. Unless permission is given :p
    Ultimately a planet is only so big and we have to be conservative with it. In the end we want it to remain a pretty planet, just facilitating our clan also. Not a planet full of pot holes and weird wooden shacks. :3

Mopy, Seajun_ and Shark like this.
  3. This. Nobody likes wooden shacks.

Mopy likes this.
  4. warthog155

warthog155 Intergalactic Tourist

One thing I'm really excited about in updates to come is Speeder bikes, I saw them on the wiki, they look AWESOME! Also on the subject of wooden shacks, does anyone know any good videos on building "lessons" in Starbound or even Terarria? I haven't played in either game long and I want to see what are some common materials to make a house look good and how to use them right.

5. Dtb290

Heh it isn't difficult to build, just use your imagination o.o Nothing wrong with wood, or even wooden shacks if you just need a base. We just don't want them littering the clan homeworld. Feel free to build anything and everything on any other planet xD

6. fabledClockwork

fabledClockwork Subatomic Cosmonaut

How will the whole clan battle thing work? I'm just wondering if members will be serverhopping or if there will special battle servers.

7. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

I can't wait.. patch is uploading :D

8. choaseagle

choaseagle Sandwich Man

Hopefully the new patch is in so I can start playing again :D
    btw on the rules was just wondering if we had to have specific server chars or we could use 1 for both server and w/e else we want?

9. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

Considering not everyone is able to play as much as the next guy I think we should be allowed to use our characters in Singleplayer too. It might make the "tier level" a bit unbalanced though.

So if you absolutely do not want to play on the server or if the server is down I wouldn't see no harm in letting members play in Singleplayer now and then as long as they do not progress too much. I guess it's really up to Shark and the rest of us to have some sort of "vote" or something.

Pro: Continued clan progress when servers are down and such.
    Con: Resource hogging (aka Taking resources from the clan and wasting them in Singleplayer where only you have the chance to use it, technically stealing.)

10. @choaseagle @Wuzhles

For now, we're using client-side characters, which means we pretty much can't stop you from using you character in singleplayer as well. Which isn't really much of a problem considering the server will be up 24/7 and there's nothing you can do in singeplayer that you can't do in multiplayer. However, once the server-side character option is available, we'll be switching to that. Meaning that your character files will be stored on the server, not on your computer.

As for the update; yeah, it's out. Probably going to take us until tonight to get everything ready and update the server, though.

Seb likes this.
  11. Alright, so the new patch's craftable weapons are broken and there's probably going to be another wipe. Sorry guys, but this means that the server is delayed further, until the weapons are fixed.

Dtb290 likes this.
  12. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

13. choaseagle

choaseagle Sandwich Man

14. Dtb290

It's looking to be anywhere between 1 and 3 hours for the IP to go live, guys. :D

Seajun_ likes this.
  15. Woop
    GET HYPE

Dtb290 likes this.
  16. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Post...

(Keeping the alerts working)

17. Dtb290

I'm kind of expecting it to crash immediately from too much RAM usage because of this bloody memory leak, but still..

HYPE.

Seajun_ likes this.
  18. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

I actually have to go in around 30-40 minutes, so really just :(

19. Ander

Ander Void-Bound Voyager

Posting because I'm back on this forum. I was in the original one, then I lost interest in Starbound, now a buddy bought me the game so I'm gonna play it. Might as well join my old clan.

20. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

And so our journey begins..