The Star Veterans (v2)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Shark, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

AW.. yisss...

2. I think I made the correct choice in faction.

Mopy and Shark like this.
  3. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

K
    also goodnight

4. No Shark................just.......no.

5. JimiboyGM

JimiboyGM Void-Bound Voyager

Awww. I like strategy.

6. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

No wonder I wasn't getting no new alerts from the thread. We made a new one, gosh I feel slow.

Anyway, I like the idea of a human/apex themed base/clan house. What about living quarters? They could be like a small place where each member could have their own little space to do whatever they want with. I am kinda thinking something in the style of apartments with rooms, or basements for people who prefer to be a little more "down to earth". That way we do not cover every inch of the planet's surface with cement or steel or whichever material we use.

7. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

I'm pretty sure there isn't a very strict building requirement, and personally I don't think its fair to restrict races. I think the factions are mostly free to do what they want with their houses, however they have to be spaced out enough so people can take long boat rides.

8. They can still work with strategy, it kind of goes along with Research anyway. All the factions can be strategists, in a way, really. What would a Spy be without a little Strategy?
    Welcome back to the thread.
    Yeah, they are free to do what the want with it. But the different races' architectures are very unique; it would be weird to mix, say, Apex blocks with Glitch furniture. Gotta keep an architecture theme when you're building something so it doesn't look messy, and choosing a race works pretty well for that.

Seajun_, Mopy and Wuzhles like this.
  9. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

I'm sorry if you thought I meant we exclude some races. No, I meant that the human and apex style of items blend very well with each other. However the Avian and Floran (and most Glitch items) looks pretty tribal and is simply not as cool in my opinion. But I guess that what's cool or not is highly individual which is why I meant the whole living quarters thing could be a good way for people to have their preferred style while the general theme of the rest of the house(s) is Apex/Human themed because they give off that "cool" Tech-vibe.

10. I agree about keeping builds themed shark, but there are a few furniture items in the game that might go nicely together. It's all about the execution. :)

Seajun_ likes this.
  11. choaseagle

choaseagle Sandwich Man

watching on....
    p.s. anybody that doesn't know - the other name I go under is "Mould" so that solves any confusion early :p

Seb likes this.
  12. Yeah, they do work well together sometimes. I was moreso talking about blocks and walls. You can't really use blocks from an Apex base and then put Floran furniture and walls in, it just doesn't work.

13. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

im just gonna say this about my house, it will be very boring and simple and possibly convered in chests.

14. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

My house/apartment; Planes and Mechs, overlooking our waterfall.

15. What if we make a building using a different material for every single block.................o_O

Seajun_ likes this.
  16. That would either look really abstract or really horrible. Or both.

Mopy likes this.
  17. Dtb290

Dtb290 Pangalactic Porcupine

Horribly Abstract?

18. -Server Rules
    Aside from the basic clan rules, I have some other server-specific rules I'd like to declare. Breaking any of the rules below will result in a ban from all Star Veterans servers forever and perhaps even clan expulsion. You have been warned.

1. Griefing of any kind is strictly prohibited.
    Just as you might expect, I'm not going to put up with anything that could be considered griefing. This is included, but not limited to; destroying others' property, building on others' property without their permission, stealing, going through other peoples' chests and storage containers, building inappropriate structures, spawn-camping in PvP, blocking someone's path, trapping other players, and trolling. If you think you could get in trouble, even if it's just a very small chance, don't do it.

2. No cheating, exploiting, or abusing glitches of any kind.
    This is also under a complete no-tolerance policy. No
    cheating of any kind, even if it's just slight modification to your character. You will be banned immediately and indefinitely. Exploitation of glitches, such as the duplication of items, is no exception either.

3. No unauthorized building/mining on the clan planet and moon.
    The clan planet works like this; the council is going to pick out an ideal planet for the council headquarters and the faction buildings. There shall be no building, digging, mining, looting, of any kind on the clan planet, with the exception of cutting down trees and killing monsters. We're going to invite the faction leaders to pick a location for their faction building, and then that faction will build their faction building only in the designated area. Faction buildings will be spread out. The council building will have a reception area open to all, but you can only go into the offices with permission. Faction Leaders can give permission to build on their own property and council members can give permission as well. The clan planet's purpose is mainly to just serve as a hub. The moon of the clan planet is also included in these rules.

4. All clan rules apply as well.

Obviously, the Respect/Think/Enjoy policies are enforced on the server as well. Beyond what's already written about them, they also include no flaming, trolling, disrespecting of anyone, arguments, etc. If someone tells you to get off their ship, you get off their ship. Someone tells you to leave their house, you leave their house. There is also a zero tolerance policy for impersonation, especially of council members and server admins. Oh, and please don't ask to be a moderator or administrator on the server.

And remember, only Shark may wear the sacred Shark hat.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Mopy, CaptainMcManface, Seb and 4 others like this.
  19. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Can I, Panda, wear the awesome Panda hat?

Shark likes this.
  20. Dtb290

Dtb290 Pangalactic Porcupine

When server-side downloads happen, I will MAKE you a Panda hat.
    We actually already had some mods working on the server but without the forced downloads they can cause some problems if not everyone has them.

[​IMG]
    :D

Panda and Shark like this.