Story The Six (Temporary Title)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by RowanEx, Sep 4, 2016.

?

What's the more suitable title?

1. Current Title

100.0%
  2. (Open for Suggestions!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Description:
    A Human, a Floran, a Hylotl, an Avian, and an Apex find themselves in a completely different world from where they were, where a certain organization doesn't exist and an occult leader's their best hope for not letting THIS Earth get destroyed. Or not?

Chapters:
    I woke up with a scream and an awful headache. It was that I noticed I was staring at a white ceiling light. Raising my body to see where I am, I found myself strapped to the bed. Frowning, I looked to my left. A plant-covered humanoid looked back and I nearly screamed before I recognized her headband. Sighing, I took a good glance at her before remembering too late that she hates getting looked at.

“Alan, ssstop looking at me like a stupid ghost!” she snapped. “What in Greenfinger’s blessing did we got into now!?”

I now looked to my right and saw a three-eyed blue humanoid with fins. The being also looked to me for a moment before staring at the ceiling. I realize something and I try to struggle out of the straps. Both of them looked at me, not that I noticed, as I successfully escape the straps and went to sit. I looked the both of them closely and then remembered what happened.

“Anyone alright?” I asked as I removed the straps that held my legs immobile.

“Floran alright,” the one on my left affirmed.

“This Hylotl will live,” the one on my left answered. “Besides, Alan, do you still have your comm? They took our equipment.”

I checked my hair where I hid my comms and took it off, wearing it on my wrist. “Checked and ready.” I immediately heard something from my comm.

“Alan James? Colis? Fley? You guys alright?” a voice called out. It sounded like birds chirping.

Colis answered, “we are alright, albeit both me and Fley are still tied and we got stripped of our protection equipment.”

I blinked before I hurriedly went to take them out of their beds.

“We’re coming now,” Fley replied. “How's thingsss, Frisk?”

“We’re… on Earth,” Frisk answered. “Somehow. We’re above Earth, you’re on Earth.”

I blinked. “But Earth was destroyed,” I explained, objecting what he just claimed. “Unless we entered a wormhole and ended up in the past.”

“A likely case that I and our Avian friend Frisk has been trying to solve, human,” another voice replied. “But, I do think our FTL drive brought us in time.”

“What does that mean, Apex?” Colis asked. “You always keep them in riddles, Carl.”

“Not that I mean to!” he complained before regaining the formality. “However, Esther Bright told us to stay put for now. We can’t beam down on the risk of losing this ship.”

“God bless former Grand Protectors,” Alan joked. “What now?”

“Get out of that building,” Frisk deadpanned.

“Not that it’s a federal building, but you need to get out,”
    Carl added. “Wait. I recognize something. It looks like Big Ape wait. Big Ape? Kluex!? Asra Nox!?!?!?”

As if on cue, a female in a violet hood entered the room they were in and I took a battle stance. She let out a chuckle before I saw something familiar that loosened my stance.

“That’s my Matter Manipulator!” I exclaimed, running for it and grabbing it for a check. “It still works.”

“Fley confused now,” Fley complained. “Doesn't she look like the bad guy that needs ssstabing?”

She chuckled. “Unless there’s an Asra Nox who actually didn’t have a profound fascination and rather a huge hate to other non-human species, then I agree.” She opened her hood and dropped weapons which we all had. “My name’s Asra Nox; Human Relations for United Species.”

“Not the Terrene Protectorate?” the Hylotl asked.

I also had recently noticed she didn’t mention it while I was sorting out our weapons and fixing up our equipment.

“No, what is it?” Asra asked.

“It looks like you are the first Protector to land on this side of the universe,” Frisk concluded.

I screamed.

Onboard the ship that Alan James owned, Frisk and Carl were listening until Alan James screamed. Frisk’s hand landed on top of her beak while Carl blinked. Turning the comms off, the orange Avian took a seat and went to stare at a window. Carl was running more simulations with S.A.I.L. in order to learn how they ended up above a planet that was said to be destroyed causing Alan to leave with a broken ship that Esther repaired for their journey. Looking over some simulations, one of the data matched what they last remember. Checking the data, Carl realized that there was no time travel involved, but instead they jumped to another universe. It was the Apex’s time to scream.

Back at the planet’s surface, I was calmed down by Colis through his ocarina. I looked up and shook my head at first, before seeing that I am staring at Asra Nox. My thoughts began to conflict with each other before I was interrupted by something pointy. I looked over to where it was and saw Fley with her hunting spear, seemingly happy to have the sacred weapon again. I remembered that I need to ask Fley about hunting rituals sometime as I looked back to see Asra carrying a look on her face.

“Are all Florans like that?” Asra asked us.

Colis gave a small nod. “They don’t appreciate anything but their hunts, and they are known to copy technology from their prey,” Colis had explained. I gave a small smile on how he did not say about his racial past.

“Oh. Uh...huh.” Asra Nox’s eyes shifted into Colis. “Seeing the two of you here together, a ravenous Floran and a pacifist Hylotl, makes me think of Esther Bright.”

I snapped my fingers. “Right!” Ignoring the twin looks, I continued. “Who’s Esther Bright?”

Over my comms, I heard a shocked but faint voice of our own Esther Bright. Carl must’ve learned how we got here.

“...sther Bright is my mentor, and he’s a great researcher,” Asra finished. “He also found a way to unite everyone, and that’s the United Species.”

“Alan?” Carl abruptly called. “We didn’t time travel. We space-jumped too far.”

Colis blinked. “Do you mean that we are in a very different universe where there’s a possibility that the Ruin isn’t in here!?” he guessed and Carl made an affirmative sound. “That’s fantastic!”

Asra raised an eyebrow. “Another universe?” she repeated. “The Ruin?”

“Esther told me that you should tell her,” Frisk suggested.

I took a glance over the absurd thought before I saw Asra’s confused face. Sighing, I opened my mouth to speak only to be outspoken by Fley.

“We came from another universe where Earth was sstabbed by a huge tentacle thing and then there’sss this former Grand Protector named Esther Bright who helped us by making us collect six orbs from six races and then Alan James ssstabbed the heart of the tentacle that destroyed his home,” Fley explained. “Ow… Fley head hurt.”

“Not what I had in mind,” Carl commented.

Asra Nox took it fairly well. “And was it planned to get here?” she asked.

“No, no;” I finished setting up my equipment on myself; “It was my fault. I went on experimenting with my FTL engine, despite Terrene Protectorate rules really saying against that.”

“The rules were already bent when we lost our Earth,” Colis reprimanded. “You humans hesitating to defeat something after Esther found—”

“Former Grand Protector not know Tentacomet!” Fley interrupted. “Fleshy old master knew that old beings trapped big tentacle thing.”

“Tentacomet?” both me and Asra asked in a jinx.

Fley… blushed.

“Okay, I admit, that sounds cooler than a Beast from the Sky,” I confessed before I realized something. “That’s it!”

“What is—” Asra then realized what I meant. “You mean there’s a huge mass of ancient species crashing to Earth, destroying the planet? I’ve got to warn the Council!”

She promptly vanished in a swish of her hood. We were left speechless for a long minute until Colis spoke up again.

“So… FTL jump to another universe?” Colis asked on his own comms.

“It appears we jumped from the very edge of our universe to another universe,” Carl clarified. “I did notice that we flew towards a Gateway, which would make sense.”

I was about to answer back when I heard something familiar and calming from my communications tech. Before I could hear the message, Asra quickly returned through an all-too-familiar teleport beam. She seemingly staggered up straight before I saw an old book.

“I found this after I warned the council,” Asra explained. I took the book and opened it only to quickly close it. “What?”

“This is the Terrene Protectorate’s first guidelines,” I answered. “That either means there was a group of robed individuals who wanted to join everyone in peace…”

Colis walked up to me, saying, “or they’re a crazed ‘peace’-hungry individuals?”

Asra looked at us with supreme confusion. “I’m betting on what the man said.” She looked over to Colis. “Where did you get the idea?”

“Uh…” Colis was silent. I chuckled for my friend who was our crew historian.

“There’s something that involves about me and my comment before, right?” she had wondered.

I looked over to my equipment and drew out the Solus Katana. “I fought an human-supremacist cult leader with this weapon, and I got this. She put up a fight, and it was really hard, considering I fought her three times. One on a bone dragon…”

“Who was it? Considering that you three are from another universe.” Asra made a guess. “An idiot?”

‘A lighthearted Asra… how will we tell that it was her?’ I wondered. ‘Hmm…’

“Fley saw the bad human. Fley knows the name.” I internally panicked and went to stop him too late. “Bad human’s name is Asra N— Mff!”

“I admit, seeing a friend’s old colleague in goodwill and saying the first one’s bad will is unwise,” Carl commented in.

Colis snickered. “Did Esther tell that or were you trying to copy me?”

Ignoring them both, I looked over to Asra Nox and gave her the katana. She looked over the katana and gave a few test swings before seeing the name inscribed within it.

“I… owned this thing?” Asra Nox wondered. “Wait, another me owned this thing, right?”

“You’re taking it fairly quickly,” I noticed.

I realized I shouldn’t have said that since she fainted.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Zebe and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I'm gonna take a guess and assume that Esther is the genocide crazy one in this case.

3. RowanEx

Only time will tell.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  4. RowanEx

New Chapter's Up.

Onboard the ship that Alan James owned, Frisk and Carl were listening until Alan James screamed. Frisk’s hand landed on top of her beak while Carl blinked. Turning the comms off, the orange Avian took a seat and went to stare at a window. Carl was running more simulations with S.A.I.L. in order to learn how they ended up above a planet that was said to be destroyed causing Alan to leave with a broken ship that Esther repaired for their journey. Looking over some simulations, one of the data matched what they last remember. Checking the data, Carl realized that there was no time travel involved, but instead they jumped to another universe. It was the Apex’s time to scream.

Back at the planet’s surface, I was calmed down by Colis through his ocarina. I looked up and shook my head at first, before seeing that I am staring at Asra Nox. My thoughts began to conflict with each other before I was interrupted by something pointy. I looked over to where it was and saw Fley with her hunting spear, seemingly happy to have the sacred weapon again. I remembered that I need to ask Fley about hunting rituals sometime as I looked back to see Asra carrying a look on her face.

“Are all Florans like that?” Asra asked us.

Colis gave a small nod. “They don’t appreciate anything but their hunts, and they are known to copy technology from their prey,” Colis had explained. I gave a small smile on how he did not say about his racial past.

“Oh. Uh...huh.” Asra Nox’s eyes shifted into Colis. “Seeing the two of you here together, a ravenous Floran and a pacifist Hylotl, makes me think of Esther Bright.”

I snapped my fingers. “Right!” Ignoring the twin looks, I continued. “Who’s Esther Bright?”

Over my comms, I heard a shocked but faint voice of our own Esther Bright. Carl must’ve learned how we got here.

“...sther Bright is my mentor, and he’s a great researcher,” Asra finished. “He also found a way to unite everyone, and that’s the United Species.”

“Alan?” Carl abruptly called. “We didn’t time travel. We space-jumped too far.”

Colis blinked. “Do you mean that we are in a very different universe where there’s a possibility that the Ruin isn’t in here!?” he guessed and Carl made an affirmative sound. “That’s fantastic!”

Asra raised an eyebrow. “Another universe?” she repeated. “The Ruin?”

“Esther told me that you should tell her,” Frisk suggested.

I took a glance over the absurd thought before I saw Asra’s confused face. Sighing, I opened my mouth to speak only to be outspoken by Fley.

“We came from another universe where Earth was sstabbed by a huge tentacle thing and then there’sss this former Grand Protector named Esther Bright who helped us by making us collect six orbs from six races and then Alan James ssstabbed the heart of the tentacle that destroyed his home,” Fley explained. “Ow… Fley head hurt.”

“Not what I had in mind,” Carl commented.

Asra Nox took it fairly well. “And was it planned to get here?” she asked.

“No, no;” I finished setting up my equipment on myself; “It was my fault. I went on experimenting with my FTL engine, despite Terrene Protectorate rules really saying against that.”

“The rules were already bent when we lost our Earth,” Colis reprimanded. “You humans hesitating to defeat something after Esther found—”

“Former Grand Protector not know Tentacomet!” Fley interrupted. “Fleshy old master knew that old beings trapped big tentacle thing.”

“Tentacomet?” both me and Asra asked in a jinx.

Fley… blushed.

“Okay, I admit, that sounds cooler than a Beast from the Sky,” I confessed before I realized something. “That’s it!”

“What is—” Asra then realized what I meant. “You mean there’s a huge mass of ancient species crashing to Earth, destroying the planet? I’ve got to warn the Council!”

She promptly vanished in a swish of her hood. We were left speechless for a long minute until Colis spoke up again.

“So… FTL jump to another universe?” Colis asked on his own comms.

“It appears we jumped from the very edge of our universe to another universe,” Carl clarified. “I did notice that we flew towards a Gateway, which would make sense.”

I was about to answer back when I heard something familiar and calming from my communications tech. Before I could hear the message, Asra quickly returned through an all-too-familiar teleport beam. She seemingly staggered up straight before I saw an old book.

“I found this after I warned the council,” Asra explained. I took the book and opened it only to quickly close it. “What?”

“This is the Terrene Protectorate’s first guidelines,” I answered. “That either means there was a group of robed individuals who wanted to join everyone in peace…”

Colis walked up to me, saying, “or they’re a crazed ‘peace’-hungry individuals?”

Asra looked at us with supreme confusion. “I’m betting on what the man said.” She looked over to Colis. “Where did you get the idea?”

“Uh…” Colis was silent. I chuckled for my friend who was our crew historian.

“There’s something that involves about me and my comment before, right?” she had wondered.

I looked over to my equipment and drew out the Solus Katana. “I fought an human-supremacist cult leader with this weapon, and I got this. She put up a fight, and it was really hard, considering I fought her three times. One on a bone dragon…”

“Who was it? Considering that you three are from another universe.” Asra made a guess. “An idiot?”

‘A lighthearted Asra… how will we tell that it was her?’ I wondered. ‘Hmm…’

“Fley saw the bad human. Fley knows the name.” I internally panicked and went to stop him too late. “Bad human’s name is Asra N— Mff!”

“I admit, seeing a friend’s old colleague in goodwill and saying the first one’s bad will is unwise,” Carl commented in.

Colis snickered. “Did Esther tell that or were you trying to copy me?”

Ignoring them both, I looked over to Asra Nox and gave her the katana. She looked over the katana and gave a few test swings before seeing the name inscribed within it.

“I… owned this thing?” Asra Nox wondered. “Wait, another me owned this thing, right?”

“You’re taking it fairly quickly,” I noticed.

I realized I shouldn’t have said that since she fainted.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Hmm... This'll be interesting to see play out...