The Shadow Templar's

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by TGGluke, May 16, 2013.

1. TGGluke

TGGluke Phantasmal Quasar

The Shadow Templars

Spiritus Templariorum
    Ignis libertatem et Sanguinem

Leaders: TGGluke ,Jimbohutchings, TGGjake
    Uniform:Black armour any colour helmet or no helmet.
    Role: To rule the clan and protect our followers.

Council: To help run the clans action war efforts and moetary funds. Place open for limited time.
    High council leader: Luke
    Council members: Strawhathippie Ragna Sorannex Zach Giovanni and Turdles
    The first council meeting will be soon.

Excerpt from " The Origins of the Shadow Templar's" By Aldrich Blythe

" The Shadow Templar's were created in secret during the Crusades on Earth around 1099. No one person is completely sure of the time that they were formed. During the crusades they had access to a vast arsenal of weaponry and helped fight in the crusades. Historical records from planet Earth show that at the end of the last crusade they were obliterate returning to England. This was a lie. They knew of a plot ordered by the King to have them assassinated to erase evidence of their existence. They set up an ambush for the would be killers and faked their deaths. They then fled to a small island of the north west of England. They then trained to perfection vowing to protect the people they serve in secret, blood and fire. Here lies the only correct version of the Templar's thought history."

The Shadow Templar's are a noble clan who fight with honour. We fight for the good. We work for those in desperate need.
    Along the way we will train you to fighting and building perfection. When all commander posts and most troop posts are filled a council will be set up to aid the leaders in advancing the clan. To join the council requires no high rank but a smart mind and a just heart.

Rules:
    1 Respect higher ranks.
    2 No killing clan members.
    3 Everyone is entitled to the right to bring up matters.
    4 To bring up a matter within your unit message your commander who will message a leader. If it is a whole clan matter message a leader straight away.
    5 Have fun.
    6 Dual join is allowed at the moment provided we are not enemies. In saying this I would like a lot of your time for training a battle so don't join a high demand clan if possible.
    7 All war proceeds from war or mining go to a central location on the planet they are found to be distributed evenly. Anyone found hiding items will be punished. Any rare items will be re distributed either to the finder or the someone who needs it more.
    8 All proceed will go to your commander for a total count to be ordered about how to distribute from Leaders.
    9 In each base each unit will have a dorm with private chest ( if available) to have all your wages placed in.

Application
    Either pm Luke or post below with this completed.
    1 Name (forum,ign,steam,irl names where applicable).
    2 Age ( we won't discriminate over age we just like to know)
    3 Why you would like to join (Either why you want to join a you or as your character)
    4 Why we should accept you
    5 How active are you ( will probably not affect application)
    6 What role you are going for? ( see ranks below) only go for open roles promotion/demotion will start when the game comes out.
    7 Do you want us to put you down for a possible place on the council?
    8 Feedback question what could be improved on this thread.
    9 What race are you most likely to play as? ( Just wondering)
    10 In your opinion what is the most important rule?

Shadow Infantry:
    Commander: Jimbohutchings
    Troops: TheZach1755
    Architect/Engineer:
    Uniform: Fully dyed black armour with a green dyed helmet.
    Role: The front line of any battle. The shadow infantry fight from the front. Without them any battle would fail.
    Pay: The highest paid troops. They risk the most for the Templars. They have very few costs to maintain and can receive a larger wage. Most of their wage comes from the spoils of their efforts.

Shadow Pilots:
    Commander:Ryan
    Troops: TurnoverBean
    Architect/Engineer: Giovanni
    Uniform: Fully dyed black armour with a red dyed helmet.
    Role: The pilots are the force that can crush even the strongest fortress. The plots command deadly war machines to crush enemy factions. They also transport the infantry from battle to battle. (Note: Land vehicles only)
    Pay: The pay for the Pilots is lower than most recruits expect. This is as they don’t have to pay for their mech upkeep as the Templars fund all technological advances. Some of this funding is taken from the spoils of war. When divided between troops they lose a small portion.

Shadow Engineers:
    Commander: Sorannex
    Troops: Georgemanea
    Architect/Engineer:
    Uniform: Fully dyed black armour with a yellow helmet.
    Role: Whilst each platoon has one engineer the shadow engineers help backup all units providing mobile bases and defensive structures. They also maintain the hangar during peace time and help miners forage for mech tools.
    Pay: The engineers receive a reasonably high wage due to the time consuming efforts to keep the army going. They are not expected to pay for the building materials they use provided they are used well and are not wasted. (Note: most materials collected on mining expeditions)

Shadow Medics:
    Commander:Turdles
    Troops:
    Architect/Engineer:
    Uniform: Black dyed armour with a white helmet
    Role: The Shadow Medics provide all the help for the injured troops keeping the fight going. Without the medics the tide would surely turn.
    Pay: The medics receive the same pay as the infantry as they will be on the front line protecting our infantry. They are expected to help Miners forage for materials to aid in the production of healing items.

Shadow Miners:
    Commander:Ragna The Grey
    Troops:
    Architect/Engineer:
    Uniform: Black armour with a brown helmet.
    Role: To collect resources for the entire Templar organisation. Without the Miners the whole system will collapse. Not many people wish to join the miner but is heavily encouraged to help the Templar's to survive.
    Pay: The miners pay is the highest of the normal troops. This is to encourage recruits to join. (Note: By joining the miners, if the miner is proven and is good at his job he will be fast tracked to a commander post when available.

NO air force atm if there is confirmed flight more than Avian wing eg planes then i will create this.

To find out more about our history and viewpoint read the comments posted by Luke who is finding extracts from our archives to share. Some of the lore posted below may be unsuitable for those who dislike gore. Reader discretion is advised.

Allies: Order Of The Raven. ( Check them out we encourage dual joining with this clan)
    Enemies:
    Truce:
    War:

Steam group link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Theshadowtemplars
    SERVER

Note updates may appear here so check back every so often. Once we get members politics and allies as-well as enemy's will follow[/spoiler]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. TGGluke

Remember to state what post you are going for on application and why we should recruit you. More lore to follow.

3. TGGluke

I have been trawling our archive and found some interesting lore I'll post.it once the data uplink is set

4. TGGluke

After a long time we have finally set uop a link with this forum. This extract cotains previosly unknow to anyone but the Templar's and we have decided to share it with potential recruits to explain about our history and sacrifices.

“Leaving Earth: Part one” Article by Johan Hansen

“In the Earth year 1970 a spacecraft left Earth. Its destination was the moon. It was intended to be the third lunar landing. Unfortunately there was an accident when an oxygen tank exploded. Fortunately the crew survived. Just.

This was the official story as-well as the one NASA believed. It was a lie. The Shadow Templar’s had hijacked the shuttle after stowing away in the cockpit. Whilst the Templar’s have always had superior technology they could not create a working shuttle to escape Earth. During the mission they stole the shuttle but directed the crew to safety. The stripped the shuttle of everything they would need and activated a pod that would shoot them back to Earth.

When they were almost entering Earth’s atmosphere a fuel rod was flung away from the pod. The Templar’s leader took the matter in his own hands. He somehow managed to exit the shuttle and reattach the pipe. (Note the author of this account has few details on the actual events on the returning to earth. The leader (Joshua Lysnd) knew that there would be no return for him and yet he sacrificed himself for the rest of his crew.”

“Leaving Earth: Part two” Article by Johan Hansen

“After two years of design the Templar’s engineers and architects’ created a shuttle capable of space flight for 50 years with stasis controls. They fled Earth in 1972 after being pursued by the Knights Templar (Note: see “The Origins of the Shadow Templar's" By Aldrich Blythe) they had finally rid themselves of their nemeses’. No one knew where they were headed as no person from the Templar organisation was left behind and every Base they owned was destroyed. All that is known at this point was that they had left and they were ready for the infinite depths of space.”

5. TGGluke

Application for is up now as are the rules

6. GeorgeManea

GeorgeManea Star Wrangler

1 name : GeorgeManea
    2 age : 22
    3 why you would like to join : To defend and honor, for justice of the people and balance.
    4 why we should accept you : I am a good natured person and strive for the unity of all.
    5 how active are you : mildly active
    6 what role you are going for : Shadow Engineer
    7 do you want us to put you down for a possible place on the council? : No
    8 : maybe the members of divisions can be separated from the description for readability.

7. TGGluke

George congratulations on being accepted we hope you respect and honodir your alligance

8. TGGluke

Edit: redone some grammar ect.

This is moving for me I could never forget this day. It is one of great importance to me. I lost many friends that day.

Extract from “The Origins of the Shadow Templar’s” By Aldrich Blythe
    “The following is a diary entry from a young “Planet Security Soldier” during a war waged by the Knights Templar on his Planet:
    Date: Feast of Honour 20th Anniversary-5 days after
    Time written: 00:00
    They came nearly a week ago. I am writing this they day after they left. It was horrendous. There were so many of them. They were invincible. We only killed one after firing around 30 High Powered Loki cannons at it. They rounded us up. The women and children were sent to camps. The Avians were taken to what were our factories to work building new armour. The Planet Security including myself were rounded up and put into a jail cell. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. Each day they took a few of us out and shot them up high for everyone to see. They were crippling what moral we had left. The resistance tried to break some of us out but they failed. The next day they were skinned alive. What was left was mounted on poles above the jail. What was left of resistance crumbled. On the third day I heard a huge explosion and the wall guarding the prison collapsed outside were five tall figures dressed in black armour. It seemed to absorb the light around them. One of the prison guards ran over to them. I thought they were done for the Knights were almost unstoppable. The leader of the group pulled out a intricate black pistol and shot the guard. He instantly turned to darkness before scattering away. One member of the group dropped to one knee and pulled out a sniper. He picked of the guards with deadly accuracy. I knew that these people were trained killers. Anyone who could kill The Knights Templar had to be. The third signalled to me to get back. I shouted for everyone to stay away from the wall. He aimed a huge LaserPulsar at the prison wall. It was instantly vaporised. We ran out grabbing our weaponry with me at the front I went up to the group and bowed before them.
    “Thank you for saving us we owe you our lives”
    “We may need you in the coming battle, you owe us nothing, these scum were hunting for my brethren it is our fault they came to your planet” the leader replied in a deep gruff voice.

The way he was so humble was impressive and frightening. I can’t explain it. He handed out basic black pistols.
    “LightsBane is used in the making of these weapons. It is rare but in this case we want you to have it. Many people believe it to be evil. This is a lie” he had said to me, “The Knights used this lie to turn people against us so we fled to the shadows once more.”
    The next day the battle began. Only a minority of us had LightsBane weapons, myself caring a combat rifle Devastator Class power. We met on what was once the City square, a huge expansive area that was built in memory of the city’s founder. There were few Knights they hadn’t expected a fight but there were still enough to hold out. The Leader of our saviour’s bellowed out,
    “Spiritus Templariorum, Ignis libertatem et Sanguinem.” His followers, who numbered many more than the five who had rescued us, Joined in the war cry. The rescued Avians flew above waiting to drop Plasma grenades on the Knight to slow them down. The most skilled Black figures were in buildings with aim on the leaders of the Knights. I forget the battle. There was so much blood the shadowy figures were the elite tearing through enemy ranks. Many of us were killed on that day. I survived but my arm was destroyed. It hurt for hours. The leader of the Black figure cauterised it and implanted a anaesthetic pill into my arm. As I lay in the hospital a hulking white robed figure smashed down the wall. It was twice as big as any Knight I had seen. He pulled out a grenade and tossed it in-between us. Suddenly The leader of the Black figures leapt in grabbed the grenade and threw it out colliding with all the Knight's we had taken prisoner. They were vaporised. The leader ran at the hulk powering him outside. He shot all his ammo for his machinegun into the hulk but he wouldn't stay down. The leader had a sad look on his face. He pulled out a grenade placed it on his chest plate and grabbed the hulk in a bear hug. The explosion was immense. a huge crater was on the ground. all that remained was an intricacy crafted pistol. A young warrior for the Black army came over to me.
    "My name is Luke, I am replacing Joe as the head of the Shadow Templar's," he spoke handing me a dark tube,"should you ever need us if this menace returns fire this into the sky it will open a portal and I will send as many men as I can. I am sorry for your losses. Be warned the portal is dangerous you must guard it carefully and it only has one use."
    The Shadow Templar's. I have spread the word around camp that they saved us. We owe them our lives.

strawhathippie likes this.
  9. 1.Name: strawhathippie
    2.Age:15
    3.Why would you like to join: I want to join for revenge against the Knight's Templar's. They murdered my family when I was five and have been searcing for them ever since. I encountered them once when I was 10 but I lacked the power to defeat them. I am trying to obtain comrades to join me in my conquest to rid the galaxy of the Knight's Templar's.
    4.Why should we accept you: You should accept me because I have a strong will and never give up even in battles where death stares me right in the face. I know no sense of fear and will gladly die for any of my comrades.
    5.How active are you: Fairly active.
    6.What role are you going for: Commanding officer of the Infantry unit.
    7.Do you want us to put you down for a possible place on the council: Yes.
    8.I would not say any improvements except that there could be more detail in the rules and application to make it more clear.
    9.What race are you most likely to play as: Hytol.

10. TGGluke

Congratulations you have been accepted. Report for duty when called.

11. Thank you very much for the position, I will try my best to aid you in any way I can.

12. TGGluke

Note in the lore about the war sorry for the constant short sentences. ! i dint realise and 2 he would still be in shock anyway :)

13. Turdles

Turdles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1 Name: Turdles
    2 Age: 16
    3 Why you would like to join: Your clan sounds like alot of fun. Also I kind of like the lore.
    4 Why we should accept you: I love to help people and I will do anything for anyone if they really need it.
    5 How active are you: I play alot, pretty much everyday. I am not usually online for a few days due to my job.
    6 What role you are going for: Commander of the Shadow Medics
    7 Do you want us to put you down for a possible place on the council: Sure.
    8 Feedback question what could be improved on this thread. Do you need a explanation of wall roles in each division of the army? Not really.
    9 What race are you most likely to play as: Glitch.

14. TGGluke

You have been accepted serve well and help strive towards the future.(Out of curiosity how did you find this clan i have been semi in active)

15. Turdles

I was looking around the forums like anyone else would.

16. swedgethigh

swedgethigh Void-Bound Voyager

1 name : Ragna or Ryoza I not sure yet
    2 age : 22
    3 why you would like to join : the clan has the same interests as me
    4 why we should accept you : Im usually quiet but polite and trust worthy
    5 how active are you : not so much on the forums but very active when game is released
    6 what role you are going for : Miner or engineer
    7 do you want us to put you down for a possible place on the council? : sure
    8 : Im not too keen on the uniform thing but its not a deal breaker
    9. Human or Avion

17. TGGluke

You have been accepted. Your point on the uniform is valid and i now believe it should only be used in battle, does this suit your interests? Ill put you in as Ragna message me if you want it changing. I have put you as a miner as you then can be a commander.

18. Turdles

So any plans when the beta comes out?

19. TGGluke

When beta come out all of us who have the game will join a server hosted by jake. We will stay on a planet get used to the game ect whilst traing on the local mobs. We will find out other clans servers and make war/peace so we have a goal. But mainly we will try to use a server and keep on traing and recruiting on other servers. Sound good? any suggestions?

20. swedgethigh

swedgethigh Void-Bound Voyager

Alrighty sounds good uniforms for battle is all good