Complete The RPG Maker VX Ace Giveaway

Discussion in 'Community Contests/Giveaways' started by Barl0we, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barl0we

Barl0we Phantasmal Quasar

Hello, and welcome to - as far as I can see - the first contest of the new year!

I'm giving away a copy of RPG Maker VX Ace and a copy of the Game Character Hub tool (both extras from a Humble Bundle some time ago).

The rules are simple:

Tell me which non-RPG game you would reimagine as an RPG, and what kind of RPG it would be. cRPG? JRPG? You decide!

This contest will run until February 4th (one week from now), at which point I will decide a winner and PM them their prize!

-Barl0we

[Edit]

And the winner has been found! @Dynaflame, please check your inbox for Humble links to RPG Maker VX Ace & the Character Hub :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Grand Theft Auto 5, as a tactical jRPG ala-Valkyria Chronicles with Fallout VATS Targeting system.

Barl0we likes this.
  3. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

I would re-imaging league of legends as an RPG. Get ready for a long paragraph, because im going to get DEEP.

League of legends is a great game that i play almost all the time. Everything
    about it i feel adapts to me even though im the lowest rank in the game.
    Even though its a free-to-play, i've found myself spending over 200$ on it.
    This is unbelievable, and i've never played a game that could match up to its greatness.
    Now, why would i want this to be an RPG, and/or see it working as one greatly?
    Simply because of its vast lore.

This game lore really connects every character that you play and opens your
    eyes to the game itself. Why people ship two characters, why some characters taunt others,
    and it really gives every character in it, it's own personality. Now just imagine, instead
    of it being a MOBA, what if it was an RPG too? It would be amazing! It would allow
    you to see why champions hate or love another, the connections they made. and how
    deep the lore storylines really are! For example, when a champion in this released, lore
    is exposed of the champion, making the player know WHY and WHAT caused them and what has
    driven them to the battlefield named summoners rift, like Lucian, Azir and Sivir. Not only this,
    but what has happened in the past.

One of the biggest lore events recently happened to actually change a champ completely, ruining
    his former look, and how he was played in the game entirely! His name is Gangplank. Now,
    simply imagine playing an RPG as them outside the rift (Battlefield). All their journies,
    their past, their emotions and what really drived them there!​

Barl0we and Hatsya Souji like this.
  4. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'll be with you, but I'll main Lux, particularly the Star Guardian Lux for that RPG reimagining.

5. Dynaflame

Dynaflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it'd be interesting to see Team Fortress 2 as a tactical RPG like Rebelstar: Tactical Command.

Barl0we likes this.
  6. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Surgeon Simulator, as an RPG in a similar style as Skyrim, but still maintaining all the frustrating controls. You can't say that wouldn't be unique.

Barl0we likes this.
  7. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

Strange enough I would like to see the "Fallout" series release a strategy, tactical RPG type of thing. Similar to the older fire emblems, maybe a bit of the new divinity original sin feel to it. I know its nerdy but I love the post apocalyptic worlds. You could loot guns/melee weapons and equip your group. Maybe own your own settlement that you must supply for which require you to go explore and kill.

That's just me though... hehe...

Hatsya Souji and Barl0we like this.
  8. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

CS:GO like the Skyrim just with 1 round items

Barl0we likes this.
  9. Barl0we

Barl0we Phantasmal Quasar

And the winner has been found! @Dynaflame, please check your inbox for Humble links to RPG Maker VX Ace & the Character Hub :)

Dynaflame likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.