1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Roadmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by T-Rex, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

You realize its possible to make a list of what needs to be done in a general sense that still gets across where you're at in development right? Its kind of what they were aiming for with the roadmap, and I dare say they succeeded.

Ferigad likes this.
  2. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

You want them to take time to update you on the little things? Yea, no. I'd rather them just keep working and not talk to us. They waste too much time keeping us in the loop, but we (we is a general term here) throw it back at them saying we don't want this, we want this other thing.

Showbiz likes this.
  3. Sousuke Kuroda

No thats not what I want and I really wish people would stop making assumptions like this.

4. Showbiz

Showbiz Void-Bound Voyager

^
    100% agree

5. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Would I be correct in saying that you are basically wishing for the list that the devs are working off for beta-readiness, in broad categories rather than specifics which might contain spoilers?

I wouldn't mind seeing it myself, though it's not something which I feel strongly about.

6. Sousuke Kuroda

Yeah that would be ideal, but I'd settle for an updated roadmap.

7. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

wasnt it updated? i see ppl on roadmap changed their positions :p

8. Sousuke Kuroda

Ooo it did. I'm going to stare at this for a few hours.

9. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

My personal litmus test for beta-closeness is the party UI. It seems to be the only thing Omni mentioned as needing done that hasn't been visibly worked on yet. Once they get working on that I'll suspect that they're nearly ready for the Beta.

10. Harmor

Harmor Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't been on the forum in a few months but it's nice to see the progress the game is making. But I DO have to say it has lost a bunch of steam for me ever since I learned about Starbound over a year ago. I was really excited and positively hyped, then it was delayed etc and we're meanwhile almost in October. Can't really say I'm excited anymore unfortunately...

stefrele likes this.
  11. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

The road map has changed, one of the dev's twitter accounts said so. Most of the bars haven't moved too much though.

https://twitter.com/StarboundGame
    On the 20th.

12. Calris

You're a little late to the discussion. :)

As for the bars, a summary for you thanks to Culdacar:

13. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

gah havent seen this and made my own :p, gonna paste so my work doesnt go to waste :p

Roadmap changes
    (i took screenshots on 6th September and compared them to 23th September Roadmap):

CREATURE GENERATION:
    fish +10%
    humanoids + 20%
    pregenerated npcs + 30%
    behaviour scripts +10%
    enemy projectiles +10%

WORLD GENERATION:
    no changes

DUNGEONS AND VILLAGES:
    no changes

CORE MECHANICS:
    no changes

PLAYER MECHANICS:
    no changes

SERVER STUFF:
    forgot to take screenshot :p

USER INTERFACE:
    inventory +10%
    chat +10%

ITEMS:
    melee weapon generation +10%

QUESTS & MISSIONS:
    interact with npcs + 40%
    quest management UI +50%
    quest generation + 40%

UNIVERSE GENERATION:
    mini biomes + 20%

so that’s all :p

lexonix, riseoflegends and Calris like this.
  14. Calris

There you go - a like as a reward for your hard work! :)

Silver86 likes this.
  15. primitiveType

primitiveType Void-Bound Voyager

You've obviously never worked on anything .1% as complicated as this, or else you'd have some understanding of why it looks that way.

Go learn some skills of some sort and work hard on something. Then maybe you'll have something new to cry about.

16. DudeUA

DudeUA Void-Bound Voyager

Look at your nickname and realize who you are. Finish school at first and then talk to me with that nonsense. Any work getting done gradually and smoothly.

Jonesy, Ferigad, PSS and 1 other person like this.
  17. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

who's working on the party thing? its in 20% it would be nice it would able reach at 30%. Easy care without my eyes sore for couple days for it. I do enjoy you doing work, and I still worried about the party connection stuff. Quest is also important work on when players need quest help out the game play. I do like see ppl playing on their quest something that is soo randomly or so annoying quest it would be funny same time. I'll check back with in another month or on my birthday.

18. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I think they're focusing on single player right now for the beta

19. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

.. I am afraid to ask how complex those tasks are now.

20. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

ye we dont need party for beta, this can be implemented later on, game will be pretty playable without