1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback The Poptops

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Jan 7, 2016.

?

what colored poptop is your favorite?

1. green

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. blue

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. gray

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I don't mind the poptops. I HATE those stupid bouncing potato plants and their big cousin, the propeller leaf guys. SO annoying. They're everywhere and they can jump ludicrous distances if they see you and they never, ever, ever leave you alone.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

It said something about the poptops haveing dens where they are gatherd

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm glad Nightly toned them down a bit, they're no longer everywhere. They are "restricted" to mini-biomes now, and they're not all over every single Lush and Forest Planet.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. LazuIi

LazuIi Void-Bound Voyager

They're really cute though, especially while they're singing. Adult poptops on the other hand, super frightening when I fight fought one especially when they opened their mouth.

One thing I really question though is why the babies' eyes are below the mouth but the adult have theirs on the side of their mouth.

Also I like the biology of the adult poptop. Because they absorb nutrients by chewing on food, they have little need for a stomach, so their entire body is literally a mouth.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. General Nuclear

ask @TomServo the creator of the poptops
    but i think it looks cool as long as its not over the mouth because that wouldn't make sense

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Speaking of monster behavior, it would be nice if wildlife monsters attempted to retreat while on low HP - so that you could fend monsters off without killing them if you felt like it - or to make it so you have to follow them to capture them, or kill to get the pixels

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
    Axe Garian and General Nuclear like this.
  7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

And/or have a "Leash Distance".

I hate how a Charge enemy will literally follow you the entire distance around a planet unless it gets hung up on terrain, or you die, or you beam up.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  8. General Nuclear

no really devs why haven't the ohter colored poptops comed yet?, the game is already out, i feel slightly cheated about this.

it really shouldn't be that hard to inplant, there are many ways you guys could inplant them on.

i think i know why you haven't inplanted them yet, but i'm not sure, not that i know what you guys have tryed or not, just mentioning some things that may work, if you can't make them appear together in different colored because the premade monsters only have one spirtes, then you could make them appear for them self instead, you can also make it so one of the premade monsters that will normaly spawn will be replace with the ohter colored poptop, who knows maybe they have take up the part of that monster's role in the ecosystem or you could make an exception and make it so with them there will be five premade monster on the surface instead of the normal three with them being three of them or they could take up all the three premade monster slots on some rare planets, it don't have to have diffrent premade monsters on every planet i'm kinda sick of seeing some of the same premade monster spwaing on the same types of planets all the time,

besides the green poptop was the one that was shown first of all, its even used as one of the smilies :poptop: emotions?
    whats up with that? thats kinda false advertising from the forum website.

and the gray one is the most iconic one and most popular of them so i mean that they really should be inplaneted at least.

i also hope that there will be some more stuff inplanted to the poptops like a quset or a codex book mention them, there are barely any lore or story behind them in the game (i don't mean making any new lore, but inplant the lore thats already about them in the game) or a poptop infected planet, maybe someone bought a poptop to a planet that didn't have any predators at all just like those so called paradise island that are. some animals have gone extinct because people have take with them there cats to said paradise islands.

i don't mean to sound ungrateful i really like the work you guys have don and i think its really cool that you guys have added them to the game but i feel like i was promised a bottle of cola and was given a half full bottle of suger free cola instead not that i am against suger free cola. but in this case with a enemy that don't have the same vib

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Knusperkruste

Knusperkruste Subatomic Cosmonaut

stupid question: where can u find adult poptops beside the one in the mine on the starter plantes??

10. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Jungle planets!

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Knusperkruste

Knusperkruste Subatomic Cosmonaut

hmmm didnt met one there so far

12. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

There's different colored Poptops? I haven't came across any other than white....and some rather disturbing versions from FU....

13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Ah, those poptops...

Welp, let's just say that I didn't invented a sawblade launcher for nothing... :nuruevil:

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Poptops are best pop and best tops.

Axe Garian and General Nuclear like this.
  15. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

they are like walking living trahscans open top, put litter in, done.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

On the other hand Adult Poptops have the strongest HPs of all Capturable Monsters in the game & can benefit greatly from a Healing 3 Collar. ;)

In Beta, didn't "Prey" type Monsters used to do this?

I'd love a Blue Adult Poptop.

I recently read in a Magazine about how Hawaii got hit HARD by that...

Their Spawn Rate isn't real high, but ya will find'em eventually with enough patience. Search the Surface & a little ways into Cave Openings ya find. ;)

General Nuclear likes this.
  17. General Nuclear

i really liked that they added description on all the premade monsters but i'm really dissapointed about the very little info we got on the poptops, yeah i know they couldn't have taken the hole lore about them in there, but i really think they could have given us a little more meat on the bone with the description
    poptop description edited big picture.png

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Poptops sing beatifully, but little does anyone know that it is actually a nose-whistle.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Poptops and adult poptops... their eyes move places when growing up?! how?!

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Cause they're Alien Monsters. :p

Also I agree with General Nuclear that the Poptop Pokedex InfoInfo Description was a bit boring & unimpressive to read.

General Nuclear likes this.