The Penguin Syndicate VI - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Feb 24, 2016.

?

The representative for Mafia Championships?

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. zeskorion

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. DustyScabbard

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. quitaren12

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Apathy Applied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

it became no fun when alkane and I died.... this game will go slowly unless zebe shortens the day and night times

Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  2. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

3. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I have no idea, nobody has thrown anything suspicious yet, it's kind of irritating tbh

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

GODAMNIT PEOPLE, JUST VOTE FOR SOMEONE RANDOM OR SOMETHING. You had one job. And you failed

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  5. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Wilfrey, It's night and he's dead

6. Sir Wilfrey

Shhhhhh, I'm fairly sure I do not care

MilkCalf and The Squid like this.
  7. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

I think the majority of the problem is that people don't feel like playing when they don't get the roles they want. Which is kinda selfish of them...

Another problem might be that there just isn't anything to talk about. A huge part of the game is to have a lead, investigate that lead, and hopefully come to a conclusion. Well, everyone is either so good at acting innocent or so terrible at interrogating, that we always kill every single lead we get within a couple of posts. So, people just kind of sit around, not wanting to accuse anyone because.... they really don't have a reason to. This game works a lot better in person because you can see peoples expressions and interpret their tones of voice and action..... all we have here is just some text.

TL;DR : The nature of the game is what's causing inactivity. It's a lot more interesting..... if people do things without reason :p

8. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

It can be specific for one of those game types you made us vote on before this game.
    Also yes I do mean the latter.

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  9. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Sorry, I meant to come back and actually vote for someone. Guess I didn't make it in time.

Well wilfrey, alkane and zesko are dead but the two of them tended to put pressure on people to see if they would reveal thier role or do anything suspicious I guess. We two should probably step up and fill that void. Unless we're dead tomorrow.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

dot dot dot
    "yawn"
    dot dot dot

Even the deaths of the passengers are slowing down. The days roll by. What are days in space, anyway?
    Agaran (Chieftain) Arra died.
    10 players remain.

I applaud yea all, but watch your backs. Oh, and Alkane was right. We now have 4 agarans total and Solar313 is one of them. Have fun finding out the rest.

DAY 4 BEGINS
    The Day ends 12AM UTC on Thursday 17th March.

// --- //
    6 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting
    - Sir Wilfrey, Rgbunpro, The Squid, FirnenYT, Zetlin97, Dave Combine, Firepaw Da Cat, Solar313, MightyKitty4, quitaren12
    No other votes
    // --- //

Okay, okay, the day has been shortened now. I guess that could instigate some sense of urgency, eh? EH!?

nah im prolly hoping way too much

Oh, and this:
    @Sir Wilfrey, @Rgbunpro, @The Squid, @FirnenYT, @Zetlin97, @Dave Combine, @Firepaw Da Cat, @Solar313, @MightyKitty4, @quitaren12
    its mornin folks
    wakey wakey

Hmm, I'd have to figure out if there'd be a fitting scenario for that. Maybe there's a place for that somewhere? No idea yet, but I'll keep this in mind.

If that first reason is really the case for some players, that's... bad for the game. All players should be ready to put in at least an ounce of effort no matter which role they get. Not everyone can be a Penguin every time, or some other crazy interesting special role. Sadly this might be true even though I've tried to avoid this by giving at least some role for every player... buuut I guess that has led into making the less special ones seem mundane.

The thing is that leads do not usually make themselves. I'm not sure if people don't do anything because they don't know what to do, or because they are overly cautious of being perceived as "suspicious". Maybe it's both. Usually, in playing a game like this on a forum, the player has to question or accuse other players. Even at complete random, because that may create a spark for discussion that may reveal "leads" and move the game forwards. For example, opinions on who is suspicious and who is not are an important resource for the Civilians, as Penguins (or other groups) know exactly who they're going against and would rarely put too much pressure on each other.

Part of a game like this is figuring out motives of other players. As nobody can see others' reactions, it's essential to try to put together what those people are going for with the text they're typing. For a simple example, it wasn't so unclear which players on this game's Day 1 were purely after to kill a player. If someone is going for a lynch with no questions asked it won't take too much brainwork to figure out that something is off. What the conclusion from that observation should then be, that's up for the player who notices it.

Also, I mentioned pressure. One thing that hasn't really been utilized as a tool are votes. Put a few votes on a person and ask them to defend themselves. People react differently depending on how close they are to being lynched, which role they have, and how involved they are with the game. How to figure how that works... well, that depends on who you're playing against. Some food for thought, anyways.

Okay here's just some stuff. I've been trying to put together a guide or something on how to play the game successfully. Like, for every faction/role and so on and on. This was mostly just Civvie stuff, perhaps since if Civilians don't act the other groups don't have to counteract.

Kinda went off on a tangent there, but I guess that was just about reasons to do something, because pretty much anything can be beneficial to success of your team if it generates discussion. Even if it's just accusing someone of having more letters in their username than yours. = completely random and nonsensical

k now i stop rambling k

MilkCalf, Zetlin97, The Squid and 3 others like this.
  11. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

This better not happen next game.

MilkCalf, Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  12. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Okay, well since there's not much else to do, I guess I'll get this started
    Vote: Solar313

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. CondescendedWow

Yeah I guess we have no reason NOT to, that's two agarans who've snitched on him in their will.

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Sir Wilfrey

Yay, playtime! VOTE: Solar 313

15. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Ok I'll join in, VOTE: SOLAR313

16. CondescendedWow

2 more votes to lynch Solar, let's hope we're right.

Actually. What are the chances that we're right? The Agarans can talk right? So they've probably decided that they can lynch somebody from beyond the grave, and there are still other Agarans that are alive anyway so it wouldn't count as game throwing, in which case they would have no reason at all to snitch on any of their still alive companions.

I'm gonna change my vote man, this is fishy.
    Vote: No vote(for now)

17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Vote: Solar313.
    This does seem like a trap, but we haven't lynched anyone in two days. The bloodlust is real, amarite? But seriously, we need to start doing stuff during the day.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  18. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly I've just been inactive because I've been busy. Vote Solar313. I think Arra was double-bluffing us, and thought we wouldn't pick them because she said so.

19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I'm not even 100% sure, but I think Arra and alkane might be up to something....
    Anyway, Vote: Solar313

20. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

[​IMG]

Alkanthe and MitKit like this.