The Penguin Syndicate V - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Jan 25, 2016.

?

What kind of a game will TPS6 be? (explanations on p.34)

1. 1. Traditional game, game balance with roles

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. 2. Traditional game, game balance with more penguins

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. 3. Power roles, game balance with roles

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. 4. Power roles, game balance with more penguins

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. 5. Vanilla-game

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 6. Madness-game

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  7. 7. Cultist-game

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. 8. Agaran-game

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  9. 9. Choose your role

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  10. 10. Player-made setups

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

I don't like the idea of not lynching, because of how vital it is to the game for the civvies to learn and win. That being said, you are right about there going to be many deaths this night. One from the penguins, one from the Cultist, and one from the Militant. Of course, any of those killers may die, just by being blocked by a nightkiller such as the Killer Plant or the Shadow. However, we have a plethora of protecting roles out there as well, such as Priest Stargazers and Hylotl, as well as the Hunter, who's added protection will be very iffy in use. Its all very up in the air on who will wake up for the next day.
    However, if we can figure out who has a killing role, such as the Cultist or a Penguin, then that's these 24 hours well spent, right? I think we should focus on someone suspicious, and see what they say if we vote for them. Pressure is what makes things crack, so I say we do start voting for a person and see what they have to say to defend themselves. I'll need two more people to force their hand.
    Vote: Dave Combine

Alkanthe likes this.
  2. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

this all sounds convincing and all, but why dave?

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. DustyScabbard

Because he's one of the few people that I have yet to figure out, so seeing how he reacts to being lynched will reveal more about him. I could have done several people, but he just ended up as my guinea pig.

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  4. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

well he aint gonna say nothin now that ye revealed that, no?

5. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

You can say either "answer me" or "explane yourself".
    Grammar nazi gonna grammar...

6. Arra

Arra The End of Time

I have a hunch.

Alkanthe likes this.
  7. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

enlighten me

8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

If I do I may make myself a prime target.

Alkanthe likes this.
  9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I agree with Dusty. Let's try putting the pressure on Dave just to see how he reacts. It doesn't mean he'll be the definite lynch, but we'll learn something from it.
    Vote: Dave Combine

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Alkanthe likes this.
  10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

you mean dusty?

The Squid likes this.
  11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Yes. Their avatars confuse me :p

zeskorion likes this.
  12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

as my first game, i have no prerequisite impressions to compare alla yall with. i have no idea who to vote. i will not vote until i 'ave some idea

13. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

... Honestly I'm paying a lot less attention to this game, as I'm not used to looking at starbound forums from my separation from last game. I have to get used to checking the thread regularly.... So, sorry for being quiet I guess :/

I don't appreciate the notion though. Is that an innocent enough of a response? I can tell you my favorite color if it'll save my neck.

Or do you prefer a desperate answer? In that case:

AHHHH

What about a gif?
    [​IMG]

Finally, a realistc answer. I completely forget how to shape my reactions so they're interpreted how I want them to. Sorry to dissapoint :/

From my point of view, and past experience, I think the best and most suspicious people are the ones who think too much. Nothing leaves a better disguise than trying to cast a search for yourself and leading the rest off of a cliff. It works! Sometimes.

Don't interprety that the wrong way, either (I know some of you would); I'm not saying lynch the person based on who's said the most crap, but if they're purposefully filling up the conversation by blurting out every idea and theory that comes up into their head to scramble their alibi, that's pretty suspicious to me. It's alright to do some of the thinking, but let some other people have their say, instead of three people stealing everyone's thunder.

14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

That actually makes good sense.

15. DustyScabbard

I do agree with your point that you can't have one person lead the rest. That's what happened during the first game, and I was the one who marched everyone off a cliff, despite that not being my intention. I'v learned since then. However, not everyone makes meaningful conversation, so if the three people talking are getting results, then I don't see a problem. Also, you say taking the game too seriously is a cover, but isn't making the thing a joke one too? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me, telling off those who are active for working on the game while doing none of the work yourself.

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

3, 4, always waiting for more
    just 5, why not one more to keep the rhymes alive

= = =
    8 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting
    - Firepaw Da Cat, zeskorion, Apathy Applied, MilkCalf, Bonabopn, quitaren12, Zetlin97, Dave Combine, Arra, DrVoodoo
    No Lynch - Rgbunpro, Tatterdemalion, Miss Alkane
    Dave Combine - DustyScabbard, The Squid
    = = =

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Dave Combine

Even if the three people are the only people willing to talk for a long time, leave some suspicion and vagueness in your dialogue. Instead of making a ten-paged thesis of why you're doing an action, and explaining why every-single possible possibility isn't probable, just say what you're going to do. If a person actually cares enough about your action, they'll speak up, ask questions, and then you can briefly explain more of that, too. It's their fault if they don't, and they can go ask questions in their will once they're lynched. Infact, almost everyone here has a problem with using too many assumptions in their accusations without using their resources and getting easily-obtainable facts.

And you sound.... tense. Loosen up a bit, have some fun. Even screw with some people if you want to. Dun be su serious muchacho!

TL;DR if there is a small group of people explaining everything that could happen, that leaves a lot of power with them that could possibly enable them to forge the way people think too easily.

18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

19. Dave Combine

[​IMG]

20. DustyScabbard

You contradict yourself in your first paragraph. You tell the people who are working to play the game not to do so much work to win, then blame those who don't look at the facts as a problem. Perhaps that's an issue with Mafia being played forum style, seeing as much more time and research is possible to do during the day rather than joking around in the few minutes the table version provides. I know both Alkane and I are willing to listen to what everyone else has to say, and often have reviewed our own arguments based off another's point of view. So far no one has objected to my interrogation of you, so like you said, they can tell me when to stop.

Alkanthe likes this.