The Penguin Syndicate 8 - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

........so if this isn't the way the game is supposed to be played, praytell what is? You never mentioned what we're apparently supposed to be doing, though you've certainly had a lot to say about what we're not.

Also lolwhat, argument against everyone else? Sure I suspected everyone at some point but that's just me being paranoid and I didn't even argue against everyone else here, in my most recent statement, which I assume you were referring to. I actually cleared two people so nah not buying it.

Also, I ain't naming names, but this outcome is gonna be anything but normal. I mean, we Civilians are doomed, for one. That hasn't happened since game 1. Lol.

2. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

(1.) .... I did mention what it was. Not that, ya know, it's that hard to decipher what it should be in the first place...

Step one: Use reasoning to vote on other people. Provide clear and definite answers as to why you're voting on someone. Not because they're inactive, or because they're somewhat quiet.

Step two: Repeat step one.

Step three: ???

Step four: Profit!

Step five?:Unoriginal meme template that unfortunately is needed to describe how this simple game is meant to be played.

(2.) Everyone else, as in, everyone else you've accused so far, and that has been voted off only to be an innocent (Not as in literally everyone else). Civilians have probably killed more civilians at this point than the actual penguins from reckless voting.

(3.) Sure it's not normal, but it's definitely staaaaale. It's irrelevant whether the civilians win or the penguins win: what matters is how it got to this point ( Players alive are based on who has the fastest WPM, not their roles )

Another clarification: I'm not arguing that this round by itself has been stupid, I'm saying that the game as a whole as of recent has been abused to a degree. At this point, if what you say is true, then why should I try to defend who is who and who is not who. It's already predictable from the lack of thought-out votes.

wait whaaaaaat. that's what i've been trying to say this entire time. whoooooaaaa.

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Uh...

Y'know, I really like using reasoning. Hence why I try to encourage people to talk. Unfortunately, that just hasn't worked, and so - yes - we're left with picking from either the people who are actually talking and helping... or the ones who aren't. The sad truth is that many people just haven't been talking, and that's a great way to cause the sort of problem we've been having. We choose the inactives because, by reasoning, they seem the best bets we have. Of course we make mistakes! We're human (right?) and we don't have all the information, or we have to pretend to be something we're not.

But believe you me, Dave Combine, if we had had enough material to work with before, we would certainly have been able to use plenty of reasoning in our accusations. We only have to grasp at straws because straws are all there is. Just try and reason anything out of the sparse posts this game has had.

Earlier, too, I believe you said that people were afraid to talk because we jumped on every little thing they said. How does that work if we only go for the inactive players, therefore saving the people who have contributed at ALL for last? There seems to be a contradiction there.

4. Dave Combine

lord i type too fast that i make things more unclear then they should be. sorry ._.

What I meant by that was when people begin to be inactive, we either vote random people for nothing, or get so greedy and bloodthirsty that we vote for the stupidest reasons, for an exaggerated example; "Oh, the first letters of that sentence spell "guilty", he's obviously a penguin. Vote: anon"

But yeah, that's all I was trying to say. You are one of the only people who talks now, but I think the reason why people don't talk is because they are afraid that they're going to be voted on the stupid things. They don't see a point in talking if they're going to be voted off anyway.

5. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I disagree with that statement. You asked me to return to the thread and give my opinion, which is exactly what I did.
    All I did was say that Zetlin seemed suspicious to me and gave reasons as to why I thought so. Reasons that you also agreed with and which led you to vote for Zetlin as well.
    And to me, just saying someone seems suspicious for a couple of reasons isn't an attack

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Even though talking increases your chances of staying alive. Plus, it adds more fun to the game, which is... kinda the point. Quiet games are no fun, PLUS they're terrible for strategy, so I'd assume people would WANT to talk but no. Busy is a viable excuse, which leads me to believe the game might pick up over the summer.
    All right, I could've chosen a better word for that. Attack wasn't what I meant. But. Since you're here. How abouts you give us your own reads on who's the Penguin team and who's not?

7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

DustyScabbard likes this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

wow
    this has taken a new turn

:: ::
    3 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting
    - Firepaw Da Cat
    Firepaw Da Cat - Miss Alkane, The Squid
    Miss Alkane - Dave Combine
    Dave Combine - DustyScabbard

it's pretty entertaining though

The Squid and 611 like this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

WAIT JUST A SECOND. THE CIVILIANS CAN STILL WIN. THE CIVILIANS CAN STILL WIN, PEOPLE. IF WE KILL A PENGUIN TODAY THE CIVILIANS CAN STILL WIN.

It's a literal Prisoners' Dilemma. If the remaining Penguin kills the Cultist and the Cultist kills the Penguin, neither of them will win. WE will.
    However, if one of them mistakenly kills a Civilian, that one will lose and the other will win.
    But if neither of them kill each other they will be locked in stalemate.

The ironic thing is that the scenario that's in both of their best interests kills them both. And it'd be really funny to see that happen.

But. Right now, both the Penguins and the Cultist will be desperately trying to blend in, because they don't want the other to know who they are.

It is in our best interests to know and reveal exactly who the Penguins and the Cultist are. Therefore, I'm gonna bring up a real good point from earlier.
    - @The Squid is not the Stargazer. That's me. Dusty knows that. The Squid is the Cultist, because he can't be a Penguin and he can't be a Civilian.
    I can't give you any real evidence just yet (because I haven't needed to prove myself to me, y'know), but believe me, I'll find some.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  10. Dave Combine

this is how you play the game correctly lmao

people take notes pls.

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I forgot to mention one tiny little important thing. The plan I stated above requires that we kill a Penguin tonight. If we kill a Civvie all bets are off so let's not do that please.

Edit: Lolwhat I meant lynch, today. Lynch a Penguin today.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    zeskorion and 611 like this.
  12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

well then

3 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting
    - Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat dies.

The few remaining survivors make their choice, and another penguins meets their end. There are only 4 people alive, but anything is still possible.
    Dreadwing Firepaw Da Cat died.
    4 players remain.

NIGHT 4 BEGINS
    The Night ends 12AM UTC on Sunday 22nd May, or after all night actions have been confirmed.

This may be the last Night.
    but its still a night so shh and gifs

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Raise the roof!
    [​IMG]

14. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Now all that's left is to see who dies in the morning.

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That'd be it, yup.

16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I'm late.
    (more than usual that is)

A Hylotl and a Penguin; two more victims. It is also two that still stand in the morning. However, the outcome is already obvious.
    Amphibian Augur DustyScabbard died.
    The King Penguin Dave Combine died.
    4 players remain.

Some days later, a rescue crew lands on the forest planet. They pick up the only apparent survivor of the tragic crash landing.
    Stargazer The Squid died.
    as it was impossible to win.

THE CULTIST WINS

The winner is:
    Cultist Miss Alkane

THE GAME HAS ENDED
    Thank you for playing!

Players & Roles:

Rgbunpro, Boring Human, died Day 1, lost
    Arra, Star Sheriff, died Night 1, lost
    zeskorion, Stargazer, died Night 1, lost
    MilkCalf, Penguin Investigator, lost
    611, Boring Human, died Night 2, lost
    Zetlin97, Boring Human, died Day 3, lost
    Gilgamesh025, Noble Hylotl, died Night 3, lost
    Firepaw Da Cat, Dreadwing, died Day 4, lost
    DustyScabbard, Amphibian Augur, died Night 4, lost
    Dave Combine, The King Penguin, died Night 4, lost
    The Squid, Stargazer, died in the Aftermath, lost
    Miss Alkane, Cultist, alive, won

Game Info:

Day 1

Not Voting - Firepaw Da Cat, zeskorion, Dave Combine, DustyScabbard, Zetlin97, Arra
    Rgbunpro - 611, Miss Alkane, MilkCalf, The Squid
    Gligamesh025 - Rgbunpro
    Arra - Gilgamesh025

Rgbunpro dies.

Night 1

Noble Hylotl Gilgamesh025 protects 611.
    Star Sheriff Arra investigates Miss Alkane. Miss Alkane killed someone.
    Penguin Investigator MilkCalf investigates Zetlin97. Zetlin97 is a Boring Human.
    Dreadwing Firepaw Da Cat roleblocks The Squid.
    Cultist Miss Alkane eliminates Arra.
    The Penguin Syndicate eliminates zeskorion.

Amphibian Augur DustyScabbard asks a question.
    Q: How many penguins (as in alignment, not the specific role) are in the role setup for the game we are currently playing?
    A: Three.

Day 2

Not Voting - Firepaw Da Cat, Dave Combine, DustyScabbard, Zetlin97, The Squid, Gilgamesh025
    MilkCalf - 611, Miss Alkane
    The Squid - MilkCalf

MilkCalf dies.

Night 2

Noble Hylotl Gilgamesh025 protects Miss Alkane.
    Dreadwing Firepaw Da Cat roleblocks Miss Alkane.
    Cultist Miss Alkane tries to eliminate 611, but is blocked by Firepaw Da Cat.
    The Penguin Syndicate eliminates 611.

Q: How many nightkilling roles are there in the setup? This is referring to roles such as the Cultist or the Militant, but not groups that have a nightkill, such as our three penguins.
    A: One.

Day 3

4 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting - DustyScabbard, Zetlin97, Gilgamesh025
    Zetlin97 - The Squid, Miss Alkane, Firepaw Da Cat, Dave Combine

Zetlin97 dies.

Night 3

Dreadwing Firepaw Da Cat roleblocks Miss Alkane.
    Cultist Miss Alkane tries to eliminate Dave Combine, but is blocked by Firepaw Da Cat.
    The Penguin Syndicate eliminates Gilgamesh025.

Q: Out of the civilian roles, how many are special civilian roles and how many are boring humans?
    A: The civilians in the setup consist of three Boring Humans and five special roles.

Day 4

Not Voting - Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat dies.

Night 4

Cultist Miss Alkane eliminates Dave Combine.
    The Penguin Syndicate eliminates DustyScabbard.

Aftermath

The Squid died, no way to win.
    The Cultist wins.

Setup 9 - Boring Human, Boring Human, Boring Human, Stargazer, Stargazer, Star Sheriff, Noble Hylotl, Amphibian Augur, Dreadwing, Penguin Investigator, The King Penguin, Cultist

Rolled 9 - Setup9

Putting the players in order by rolling random numbers between 1 and 100 - lowest first, highest last.

Firepaw Da Cat - 76
    zeskorion - 58 - Same with Rgbunpro, rolling again between them - 25
    Miss Alkane - 97
    Rgbunpro - 58 - Same with zeskorion, rolling again between them - 92
    Gilgamesh025 - 49
    Dave Combine - 66
    DustyScabbard - 20
    611 - 3
    The Squid - 77
    MilkCalf - 53
    Zetlin97 - 19
    Arra - 94

In order:

611 - 3
    Zetlin97 - 19
    DustyScabbard - 20
    Gilgamesh025 - 49
    MilkCalf - 53
    zeskorion - 58 (25)
    Rgbunpro - 58 (92)
    Dave Combine - 66
    Firepaw Da Cat - 76
    The Squid - 77
    Arra - 94
    Miss Alkane - 97

611:

Boring Human 1-100 << 8
    Boring Human 101-200
    Boring Human 201-300
    Stargazer 301-400
    Stargazer 401-500
    Star Sheriff 501-600
    Noble Hylotl 601-700
    Amphibian Augur 701-800
    Dreadwing 801-900
    Penguin Investigator 901-1000
    The King Penguin 1001-1100
    Cultist 1101-1200

Zetlin97:

Boring Human 1-100
    Boring Human 101-200 << 200
    Stargazer 201-300
    Stargazer 301-400
    Star Sheriff 401-500
    Noble Hylotl 501-600
    Amphibian Augur 601-700
    Dreadwing 701-800
    Penguin Investigator 801-900
    The King Penguin 901-1000
    Cultist 1001-1100

DustyScabbard:

Boring Human 1-100
    Stargazer 101-200
    Stargazer 201-300
    Star Sheriff 301-400
    Noble Hylotl 401-500
    Amphibian Augur 501-600 << 505
    Dreadwing 601-700
    Penguin Investigator 701-800
    The King Penguin 801-900
    Cultist 901-1000

Gilgamesh025:

Boring Human 1-100
    Stargazer 101-200
    Stargazer 201-300
    Star Sheriff 301-400
    Noble Hylotl 401-500 << 477
    Dreadwing 501-600
    Penguin Investigator 601-700
    The King Penguin 701-800
    Cultist 801-900

MilkCalf:

Boring Human 1-100
    Stargazer 101-200
    Stargazer 201-300
    Star Sheriff 301-400
    Dreadwing 401-500
    Penguin Investigator 501-600 << 501
    The King Penguin 601-700
    Cultist 701-800

zeskorion:

Boring Human 1-100
    Stargazer 101-200
    Stargazer 201-300 << 279
    Star Sheriff 301-400
    Dreadwing 401-500
    The King Penguin 501-600
    Cultist 601-700

Rgbunpro:

Boring Human 1-100 << 9
    Stargazer 101-200
    Star Sheriff 201-300
    Dreadwing 301-400
    The King Penguin 401-500
    Cultist 501-600

Dave Combine:

Stargazer 1-100
    Star Sheriff 101-200
    Dreadwing 201-300
    The King Penguin 301-400 << 391
    Cultist 401-500

Firepaw Da Cat:

Stargazer 1-100
    Star Sheriff 101-200
    Dreadwing 201-300 << 224
    Cultist 301-400

The Squid:

Stargazer 1-100 << 84
    Star Sheriff 101-200
    Cultist 201-300

Arra:

Star Sheriff 101-200 << 13
    Cultist 201-300

Miss Alkane:

Cultist <<

Now that was a different ending than I expected. did the mistake of expecting things again

GG! Been a while since anyone but the Civilians have won. Also, the first real third party victory (yes, alpaca, but that doesn't end the game). A Penguin victory was close again too, but I'm willing to bet that's cursed at this point. But in any case, this result should be a message to all future Civilians; idling and inactivity can cost you the game.

I would say more things about this game and the next one here now, but I'm pretty late and it's pretty late, so I'll just get this thing posted. I'll write words later.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix, 611 and Alkanthe like this.
  17. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yesssssssss.

18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

WOOHOO! BEAT THAT, KARAS!

Zebe and 611 like this.
  19. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Woah. I didn't ask any questions.

Normally I have 3-4 or so pages of them.

Alkanthe likes this.
  20. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It used to be jester did end the game. (Alpaca here.) Look up the BBB gambit. Most glorious win as Godfather ever.

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.