The Penguin Syndicate 8 - [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

how much metal/rock?

MilkCalf and 611 like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Zesk is asking the important questions here.

3. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You'll just have to wait and see.

I'll preface this by saying that it is so far the largest collection of music in general from my community of 50-odd people. (Might be a bit of an overestimate, but fairly certain it's 50.)

In the meantime, have some video game music, because it's the only music that I can share without regretting that I didn't save it for very specific occasions.

Dang it.

I just thought of a use for the one I was gonna post.

Oh well.

Have my intro video instead.

MilkCalf and Arra like this.
  4. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

"Who keeps flickering off the lights?"

*Looks in the corner*

Nosferatu! DaveCombine!

SO. YEAH. MY BAD.

I'm not going to be dramatic or draw my explanation out.

My friend told me to install Duck Game on free weekend. It fried my hard drive. I got a new one. Finally set my computer up. Probably ruined game 8. Sorry.

But I'm back!.... Wait the game hasn't started yet. Well, I'm one of those people preventing the game from starting.

But I'm ready to partay

oh and I upgraded to windows 10. gotta get used to it.

5. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh rip.

I'm sorry.

Still fighting the battle on my end, for all the people out there.

6. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

I mean, I had a choice between 7 and 10. I heard from everyone I asked that 10 was better....

611 likes this.
  7. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've got someone on my hall who would refute that. They can't find the calculator, and windows media player got taken away.

Anywho, game starts soon, so I can go crazy now.

I'm hoping it takes me to...

MilkCalf likes this.
  8. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually I think that means we have enough!

MilkCalf likes this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

@Firepaw Da Cat, @zeskorion, @Miss Alkane, @Rgbunpro, @Gilgamesh025, @Dave Combine, @DustyScabbard, @611, @The Squid, @MilkCalf, @Zetlin97, @Arra

:: 8 ::

You step out of a escape pod into a tropical rainforest.
    The starship you were travelling on has just crash-landed on a far-off planet.
    With 11 other survived passengers, you decide to examine the smoldering wreckage of the ship that landed close by.

A charred body is found holding a mostly-intact audio log recorder. You to listen to the latest log.
    "This is chief security officer Zebe. The ship is going down and there's nothing that can be done to save it. This was sabotage. The culprits certainly made it to the escape pods in time."

"The damned lights have gone off again. I can't see a thing. I can't get out in time. If someone finds this message, know that there are penguins amongst the passengers. I repeat, there are p--." The recording ends in static.

Soon, you find a distress beacon with the other survivors and send a signal. Someone will surely come to rescue you.
    But with such a menacing bunch of fellow passengers, how many will there be alive by the time the help arrives?

:: ::

12 players remain
    DAY 1 BEGINS
    The Day ends 12AM UTC on Monday 9th May

There are 8 Civilians.

7 votes are enough for a lynch.
    Not Voting
    - Firepaw Da Cat, zeskorion, Miss Alkane, Rgbunpro, Gilgamesh025, Dave Combine, DustyScabbard, 611, The Squid, MilkCalf, Zetlin97, Arra
    No other votes

Alright, the amount of civilians is known. The remaining 4 are something else.
    Here it goes. The game is on.
    and do not touch those audio logs

List of possible roles:

Civilians:
    Boring Human, Miniknog Interrogator, Miniknog Interrogator (Conspiracist), Noble Hylotl, Floran Hunter, Star Sheriff, Star Sheriff (Ranger), Star Sheriff (Sentinel), Glitch Knight, Glitch Knight (Regal), Stargazer, Stargazer (Priest), USCM Militant, USCM Militant (Loyalist), Apex Scientist, Apex Scientist (Mad), Amphibian Augur, Killer Plant, Novakid Bandit, Occultist-Bot, The Dove, The Dove (Divine)

Penguins:
    Penguin, Penguin (Persuader), Penguin (Protector), Penguin (Trooper), Penguin Investigator, Penguin Investigator (Obscurantist), Dreadwing, The King Penguin, The King Penguin (Disguiser), The King Penguin (Master of Disguise)

Other:
    Cultist, Cultist (Enforcer), Cultist (Hidden), Cultist (Assassin), Cultist (Arsonist), Shadow, Alpaca, Alpaca (Syndicate)

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    MilkCalf and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, snap. The only good thing about this situation is the rainforest... and the fact that penguins are accustomed to cold. They should be pretty easy to spot out here.

I stayed up until 4 in the morning for this, not sure why. But HEY! THE GAME'S ON! HYPE!

Aaaaaaand see y'all in five hours or so.

11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

I was right, Zebe was most assuredly exploded!

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Wasn't I the one who said that?

Arra likes this.
  13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Oh, I thought I did too.

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Maybe...?

So, Arra, how do you suggest we kick off the meaty part of this game?

15. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Hello, I'm here now
    I want to try and be useful this game

16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh, good!

I guess we should let everyone post first. That makes as much sense as anything.

17. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Meh, too early.

18. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Oh thank goodness. My alerts broke and when I saw three new pages I hadn't yet read, I feared the worst.

Anyway, this game should prove interesting without the knowledge of what roles are in play. If I had to guess what the four rolls are, I'd say two penguins and two Cultists, or three penguins and one Cultist, seeing as that's usually how the split has been in the past. Then again, the Shadow and the Alpacas are something to consider as well. I don't think we'd play without penguins, however. Zebe would have to rename the game for that, and change his lovely graphic.

MilkCalf, 611 and Alkanthe like this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I've never seen a two-Cultist game... though technically that IS a possibility? Let's see, there's...
    2P-C-A
    2P-C-S (oh geez)
    2P-C-C
    2P-S-A
    2P-S-S (wat)
    2P-2A (Alpaca Syndicate anybody?)
    3P-C
    3P-S
    3P-A
    4P (I don't think this is very likely but it could be)
    I didn't include Agarans because PLEASE NO AGARANS *shudders*

MilkCalf likes this.
  20. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

As seen above, there are no Agarans to worry about. I feel like we've had a two Cultist game before, but I can't remember when. The most likely scenario is three penguins, one of something else.

Alkanthe likes this.