1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

ManicRykker updated The Penguin Piracy Mod with a new update entry:

PenguinPiracyMod V6 - The Rainbow Trout Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, enjoying this greatly! This really should be a base game thing, since penguins are everywhere in Starbound, so thanks for making this!
    Request/idea: I had an idea looking at the robo-penguins. How about a variation where the head and torso up to the waist is fleshy penguin with the arms and legs being robotic? It'd be like a penguin wearing an robo-exosuit for maximum maneuverability!

ManicRykker likes this.
  3. ManicRykker

The Robo Penguins were a funny side thing I did. They sorta function as a way for a vanilla-esque humanoid to access Penguin exclusive content (like the UFO ship)

I currently don't plan on making more non-cosmetic micro races. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Kelthazan likes this.
  4. ManicRykker

Ok, so I need to make an announcement... Er two to be precise:

1. I will probably be looking into getting PenguinPiracyMod content on the Steam Workshop soon. As for how the content will be delivered on that site, I am currently not yet aware of. Since there is more than one mod involved in the PPM, I will probably keep them on separate pages there or something.

That said, the forums will be my main base of operations.

2. The next update will not be a content update.

I will begin packing the mod files (This includes my Character Extender, MiskTweaks, PenguinPiracyMod, and the micro races) into .pak files, to simplify installation even more. (Those that like looking under the hood will just have to unpack my files)

That's about it. I will see you guys later

5. ManicRykker

PenguinPiracyMod V6.0.1 - Pak files, and Steam Workshop

6. ManicRykker

Hmm... I am strongly debating on re-merging the micro-races into the main mod. (and by extension, retiring them as a whole.)

What this would mean for everyone:

Upon looking more deeply into things, I have found things will work fine without a race extender. The player will just not be able to create a character of the modded penguin races.

My Character Extender will still exist. I will probably set it to load the standard penguin by default.

So the short of it:

The Penguin Piracy Mod content will function fine without needing to play as a penguin

To play as any of the modded races, you will need a race extender that adds at least four additional slots. (My own will implement the standard penguin by default.)

7. ManicRykker

PenguinPiracyMod V7 - Clean-up Update

8. ManicRykker

Question

How would you guys feel about a built-in race extender?....

I'm debating on making one that provides space for the PPM penguin races, while also providing a thoughtful supply of additional slots for other modded races.

I wanted some opinions on the idea.. Since I know this would make the mod incompatible with other race extenders.

Such an update would also take some time.

Edit: I have made a reworked version of the PPM-RaceExtender with an extended slot count. Does 73 slots sound enough for ya? :rofl: (that includes the slots taken up by the four playable penguin races)

Edit 2: It has come to my attention that the PenguinPiracyMod is incompatible with the Phaseshift Module mod. I'll be adding this to a new incompatibility list I'm going to form.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  9. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

In the penguin trade codex, it is mentioned that pengs can be exchanged for pixels, and pixels for pengs, but i cant find any crafting station that allows me to do so. Was this part of the mod removed or am i missing something?

10. ManicRykker

That feature is a part of the Omnishop.

A LOOOOOONG time ago it was a part of the Penguin Trade Station though... which is why that's like that. I think I tweaked that very codex to avoid mention of the PTS. Can't remember

By the way guys, decided against a built in RE. Just been going all over the place thinking of ways to streamline this stuff.

11. ManicRykker

PenguinPiracyMod V7.1 - More Clean Up: The "Manic's All Over the Place" Update

12. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Where can i access the omnishop? I dont think ive seen anything called that in my most recent playthrough. :eek:

13. ManicRykker

It's pretty much late game.

To get access to it, you'll need the suspicious beacon.

Won't be just handed to ya though. Best make some flat ground do some prepping on a planet before activating it. ;)

Oh. And gear. You'll need gear.

EDIT:
    Huh. Just found my mod on some Russian starbound site... rofl.

I'm almost flattered something I made is apparently good enough to steal. :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    oinkgamer likes this.
  14. ManicRykker

PenguinPiracyMod V7.2 - The Nurse Shark Update

15. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I cant seem to find the infirmary in the penguin inventors table after downloading the update. Also, my penguin trade station seems to have disappeared. :\

16. ManicRykker

Is the PTS not showing up at all as a craftable?

Might need to see a log

Hm... I might implement a thing to make the king sell those blue print items after the quests are done... Just to make sure players are able to unlock stuff if they happen to throw them away.

17. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

the pts is showing up as a craftable, but the one i had made is just gone now.

as for the log, would that be the text doc named "starbound" or the files named "starbound.log.1", "starbound.log.2", etc?

18. ManicRykker

Hmm.. Just hold up on the log for now. I think I'm going to do a quick patch for some things. Maybe the infirmary not appearing was a goof.

As for the PTS, the old instances might have bugged out of the world perhaps... Don't think there's much I can do about that

oinkgamer likes this.
  19. ManicRykker

PenguinPiracyMod V7.2.1 - A "Manic Goofed" Patch

20. ManicRykker