1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. supaflybirdy

supaflybirdy Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, they don't hold anything for me, not even pistols. Here are the following mods that I am using: Classical Weaponry, build a friend, explorerpod, galacticshops, animal guards addon, halberds, improved npc behavior (from shadowwolf's addons), blue prints on scan, ore plants, themed colony deeds. vanilla miners, varied vehicles, weapon fusion, weapon megapack, weapon assembly, xbawks character extender, alchemical reactions, augment extractor, augments for armor, blueprint crafting, complete weapon list for biggy, complete weapon list for lana, faustech gear, improved food descriptions, joboffers, nonuniform, phaseshiftmodule, thegladtechs, and finally timecontrol. I know this is a ridiculous amount of mods that you would have to go through, so I would assume you just wouldn't go through any. I think almost all of these would have nothing to do with the penguin npcs. I can try to use the mod standalone, and then I can see if it actually is conflicting with something without my knowledge. Geez this post is getting long. Thanks for reading even though this may not be much help at all and could be entirely my fault.

2. SuperTerraBoy

SuperTerraBoy Orbital Explorer

Hello; I'm new here, but I've been playing Starbound since last year. Unstable build for reasons. Me and my friends are using this mod, along with some others; like Halberds, Xbawks character select, Classical Weaponry, etc. etc. But, they've reported one little problem that I'll be describing on their behalf. Essentially, sometimes they get stuck in the ground after spawning(beaming down/up/respawning not specified). Any clue why this could be happening to them? Doesn't seem to be happening to me.

3. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Weird. That sounds like a bug I dealt with ages ago, back when the mod was in beta.

They are using the latest version of the mod, I assume? lol

Looking at things today, I think I might have just messed something up in the organization update a few versions back.

I'll try to get to the bottom of things, and get that fixed in the next update. It probably won't fix existing mercenaries with the problem though...

They will probably have to be dismissed and replaced when the update rolls out.

Thanks for reporting the issue though!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  4. SuperTerraBoy

SuperTerraBoy Orbital Explorer

Yes, we're all using the latest version. Not quite sure what went wrong, honestly..though, they mentioned they're installing Phaseshift to get rid of the problem, which should certainly help.

ManicRykker likes this.
  5. ManicRykker

[
    Alrighty. Well I'm sorry your friends were encountering that problem. I know I found it annoying when I had to deal with it back in the mod's beta stages...

I'm not sure what could be causing a reappearance of it now though, as it doesn't happen on my end. :/

6. supaflybirdy

Thanks for making the mod!

ManicRykker likes this.
  7. ManicRykker

No prob! I love these little guys... and I really thought they deserved more love.

Anywho, I'll be pushing a hotfix for that issue in just a few moments.

8. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated The Penguin Piracy Mod with a new update entry:

PenguinPiracyMod V5.0.1 - Mercenary Hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. supaflybirdy

ManicRykker likes this.
  10. ManicRykker

Yeah, definitely sorry about that...

Stuff like this is what happens when a doof decides to become a modder. :rofl:

11. supaflybirdy

it's cool haha

12. ManicRykker

Going to be rebalancing the Mobius set next update, as it apparently seems to be OP. Whoops. :rofl:

13. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Absolutely loving the mod, dude! I have a few suggestions tough: since I see that you are constantly updating the mod could you take a little suggestion? Add some custom, story quests for the penguins! It would be definitely cool.

ManicRykker likes this.
  14. ManicRykker

Funny you should mention that.

The penguin king quests weren't just for organizing the placement of content in the game progression.

I was also testing the waters a bit...

I do want the penguins to have a custom side story they follow along, alongside the main quest.

If i add anything right now though, it would be simple "go grab this for me and bring it back here" type things... I still need to learn how dungeons work. Lol

Anyway, since it's April Fools Day, I think I should shed some light on the origins of one of the micro races: The Puffin.

Early in development, when I was messing with movement parameters, I wanted to do an April Fools joke that made penguins fly for one update... But I scrapped the idea. Eventually, months later, a friend brought up the idea of a puffin race as a joke.

Since I was making the micro race system at the time, I decided to revive the "flying penguin" idea through the puffins... Rofl

ChatNoir likes this.
  15. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Not sure if this is a bug youre aware of, but the masked penguin isnt using the penguin sleeping bags right. They just kinda lay face-down outside the bag:
    [​IMG]

ManicRykker likes this.
  16. ManicRykker

Thanks for the report. Looking into things, it seems the cover image locations for the PPM chair/bed objects were misplaced in the reorganization of the objects folder in my mod.

This'll be fixed in the next update!

oinkgamer likes this.
  17. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated The Penguin Piracy Mod with a new update entry:

PenguinPiracyMod V5.1 - The Sturgeon Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Nice

ManicRykker likes this.
  19. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Would it be possible to get penguin-sized mannequins? I get the feeling that penguin accessories would look a bit off on the humanoid-sized models.

ManicRykker likes this.
  20. ManicRykker

Heh. Possibly. Heck, I might have already made one for the next update. Who knows. ;)