1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Hey guys. Sorry that I've been out of it for a while. Life has gotten a bit busy, and on top of that my hard drive went out on me. Fortunately I have my current working version of the mod, so I didn't lose any of the actual mod progress, but I did lose all of the Photoshop files that had all the layers I was working with for every aspect of the mod (ship, clothes, armor, weapons, etc.) That has been a discouragement, but only a minor setback. The mod will go on.

As for a patch to add settlements to FU biomes, when those get implemented I wouldn't be against doing that or at least letting someone else do it if they like.

2. Eparch

Eparch Aquatic Astronaut

No problem man, I'm just glad i get to play as a killer whale haha. And that ship design, top-notch!

3. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time. I certainly know life likes to hit you hard. Look forward to seeing this mod progress, and you never know. Maybe this event was meant to set you on something better than you were already working on. Sometimes you have to step back to see that one bad happenstance is actually an opportunity.

Natural Aura likes this.
  4. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the support. It's honestly not as bad as all that though. I've been slowly starting back into it, and I've gotten a little more furniture done. I hope to finally get the tails animated soon too.

5. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, All! Modding is going slowly, but I have been working on it in my spare time. I've been working on one of the two furniture sets that I have had planned for a while, and I thought that I'd at least give you a bit of a preview considering I'm way overdue for an update. You all may be familiar with the chair that has been available for a while now, but I have made a table, bed, bookcase, fridge, and a special clock to go with that set. Behold, the Coral Furniture Set:

CoralFurnitureSet.png

Everything functions as expected, but the clock has the added ability to tell the actual relative time of whatever planet it happens to be at, including the day/night cycle all in real time. Being that the Orcana live underwater having this information while down there can come in handy. I think I may alter the color of the set to be more coral in color so that the name makes more sense, and since the main material in the construction of all these objects is in fact coral.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm hoping to have an actual update available within the next couple of weeks.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  6. Warboss_Spriggs

Looks nice! Can't wait to see what it looks like in in coral!

7. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Is there any way to fix the pet for the last update? It is crashing my shipworld file for some reason. Starbound can't find the pet, so my ship comes up completely empty.

Attached Files:

8. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

I've been meaning to look into that issue, but haven't had much time recently. Thank you for pointing me to where the problem is. I'll get on that asap.

9. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

B.4.5

Merry Christmas!

• Added some more Orcana coral furniture (not craftable)
      • table (orcanacoraltable)
      • bed (orcanacoralbed)
      • bookcase (orcanacoralbookcase)
      • fridge (orcanacoralfridge)
      • wall clock (orcanawallclock) (fully functional and able to tell the relative time on the planet on which it is placed, or even from orbit)
    • Added a coral door to go with the existing coral building materials. This one is craftable.
    • Orcana tails have finally been animated!
    • Corrected an issue with the ship pet that caused ship worlds to reset
    • Optimized image files to reduce mod size

Warboss_Spriggs and Natural Aura like this.
  10. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Found a CTD bug.

Code:

[12:55:44.145] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[orcanachair, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'orcanachair'

[12:57:40.036] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) No such item 'orcanachair'
    [0] 7ff69ea33ee3 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff69ea32c6e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff69eb9daba Star::ItemException::format<Star::String>
    [3] 7ff69ebab6ac Star::ItemDatabase::itemData
    [4] 7ff69ebab6d9 Star::ItemDatabase::itemFriendlyName
    [5] 7ff69f1bdafe <lambda_3587efe2ccaf69356a4760031378880e>::operator()
    [6] 7ff69f1bb2e6 Star::sortByComputedValue<Star::List<Star::ItemRecipe,std::allocator<Star::ItemRecipe> >,<lambda_3587efe2ccaf69356a4760031378880e> >
    [7] 7ff69f1c28be Star::CraftingPane::determineRecipes
    [8] 7ff69f1c62e9 Star::CraftingPane::updateAvailableRecipes
    [9] 7ff69f128794 Star::ButtonGroup::wasChecked
    [10] 7ff69f12a0d4 Star::ButtonWidget::setPressed
    [11] 7ff69f129a1e Star::ButtonWidget::sendEvent
    [12] 7ff69f159fc7 Star::Widget::sendEvent
    [13] 7ff69f146ea8 Star::Pane::sendEvent
    [14] 7ff69f14c14d Star::PaneManager::sendInputEvent
    [15] 7ff69f1e7eb9 Star::MainInterface::handleInputEvent
    [16] 7ff69e97a243 Star::ClientApplication::processInput
    [17] 7ff69f0ed7a5 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [18] 7ff69f0edafd Star::runMainApplication
    [19] 7ff69e97f9a6 WinMain
    [20] 7ff69f2d3db3 __scrt_common_main_seh
    [21] 7ffb8e5a8364 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [22] 7ffb904070d1 RtlUserThreadStart
    [12:57:40.036] [Info] Application: shutdown...
    [12:57:40.070] [Info] UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [12:57:40.156] [Info] Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [12:57:40.258] [Info] UniverseServer: Client 'Siav' <1> (local) disconnected for reason:
    [12:57:40.258] [Info] UniverseServer: Stopping idle world ClientShipWorld:0c7067eaf8f79c6f37397b735093dad0
    [12:57:40.545] [Info] UniverseServer: Stopping UniverseServer
    [12:57:41.227] [Info] Root: Shutting down Root
    [12:57:41.814] [Info] Application: Destroying SDL Window
    [12:57:41.821] [Info] Application: stopped gracefully

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  11. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

B.4.5b

Re-added the old Orcana Chair to resolve an error that was occurring is you had one placed in your game and then updated. I changed the name of the chair to bring it into line with the rest of the coral set, but failed to take in to account what would happen when the game was later loaded and couldn't find the object files for an object that had been placed. Hopefully adding it back in will resolve the errors. The next update will remove the old chair again, so be sure to delete the old chair and replace it with the new one. The old chair has been visually altered and an appropriate object description added to make it obvious that is should be removed.

12. Warboss_Spriggs

I've discovered an issue with the Orcana Casual bottom.

Static Skirt.PNG

The above image is what it looks like when standing still.

In Motion.PNG

And this is what it should look like (it's the same skirt, only second pic is moving.)

13. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, but actually, if it's the casual outfit the top image is correct. It's still a work in progress and the animation frames are placeholders from the formal outfit. I'm going to try to get the casual clothes done for the next update though.

Warboss_Spriggs likes this.
  14. Warboss_Spriggs

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to the update! Love the race.

15. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

B4.5c

• I Noticed that I had completely overlooked applying the new tail animations to the female body. That gross oversight has been corrected.
    • I have also finished with the female version of the Orcana casual outfit. Males can still wear it, but for them it will still look like the formal set. Note: The icon is still identical to that of the formal set. This will be corrected in the future.

16. UnDrac

UnDrac Big Damn Hero

Hello and thank you for creating this mod, it looks great, with one minor thing that I noticed, not sure if it affects both female and male animations but the tail seems rendered in a goofy way when in the sitting animation.
    Sorry if this has been mentioned previously or if it was fixed recently and I have an earlier version or if this is really how it's supposed to look like and I'm simply confused xD.

Here's what i see:[​IMG]

17. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

It's not you. That's just how it is right now. Unfortunately there's no way (at least that I'm aware of) to get the tails to render behind chairs. This has bothered me for a while now too, but it hasn't been much of a priority for me. I'll probably eventually adjust the tail position to look better, but it may just look weird in other kinds of chairs. Still not sure what to do about it...

18. UnDrac

UnDrac Big Damn Hero

Hmm, if the animation of the player differs between say, being idle (standing still), walking/running, and/or sitting, is the tail treated differently for each instance, or is it the same across the board?
    One idea would be to have the tail be in character's lap when sitting, but I'm guessing this was already thought through, and wouldn't really be possible if the tail isn't treated as a separate animation for each of the player's animations.

19. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

The frame for sitting isn't shared with anything else, so I can do whatever I want with that one and it won't effect any other animation/pose. I just have to figure out the best way to handle the tail when sitting.

20. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

B.4.6

• Completed casual outfit (Male characters now have a new casual look.)
    • Finished implementing guard tenants
    • Added a new Orcana scholar merchant npc/tenant
    • Added Orcana Sandstone Statue
    • Added Orcana fossils (with collection entry)
    • Altered the position of tails when sitting. Looks much better now in most cases.

Natural Aura likes this.