1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay, storage ship lockers! :D

Now to remove all the 30, or so, Avian Ship Lockers and replace them with the Orcana ones! xD

jonathonspy likes this.
  2. LostLoser360

LostLoser360 Void-Bound Voyager

Uh. I installed this mod and started a new character on the new 1.0 update. I spawned in and didn't have a trident. Didn't really care but missed out on a really cool weapon at the start. When I go to the anvil... theres no trident or orcana armor... HELP!!!!

3. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been through the entirety of the game as an Orcana, and I could guarantee that the tridents hasn't been implemented into the 1.0 update as of yet. I'm certain Nemasys is doing what he can to update and improve the Orcana race towards that of any other race in the vanilla game. :)

jonathonspy likes this.
  4. Eparch

Eparch Aquatic Astronaut

I've been drawing stuff based off your mod, just as a side-hobby since i'm really interested in this. Mostly accelerator/ranged (unique to their race type) and tron like luminescent styles. also surprised these Orcas are benevolent. cool that the different skin colors and fin types create a very different type of porpoise. A dolphin or a killer whale. Still looking forward to the finished product, made a second character just for this race, since I just got the game itself.
    Oh also don't worry i'm not posting art, i don't do that. i'm drawing it on a notebook.

jonathonspy likes this.
  5. Eparch

Eparch Aquatic Astronaut

You think you could show us a bit of the future add-ons, such as the furniture , maybe even one of three armor types (melee,ranged or magic).

I like your bolt guns BTW.

6. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

turns out there is a DnD race that has a subrace thats a lot like this....
    the Lutrin Surfrider

7. Eparch

Eparch Aquatic Astronaut

Hey. Maybe you could do the three armor types in different themes. you have your Accelerator/ranged which would look more high tech with some advanced bioluminescent characteristics. Then your separator/melee which would look more atlantean-roman. Then the manipulator/magic type add-on which would focus more on the biochemical technology. those are just thoughts and ideas I hope you take into consideration.

i would also like to ask, Will you consider adding rifle-type weapons?

Edisonyap and jonathonspy like this.
  8. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

B.4.1.0 - Let There Be Weapons... Again

I have (finally) fixed and added all of the Orcana weapons, and gave them the ability to craft all default weapons as well. Various other recipes have also been added. I'm still working on stuff, but if you see anything I missed or that is still missing feel free to post in the discussion section.

Change Notes:

- All Orcana tiered weapons have been implemented (Tridents and Boltguns)
    - Added recipes for the existing coral material blocks and the chair. The strip lights will get recipes soon.
    - Orcana ship door and hatch now have recipes as well
    - Gave Orcana the ability to craft all the generic recipes that all of the vanilla races can make including standard weapons.
    - I noticed that the Tech Upgrade Console had been changed with 1.0 and wasn't displaying the Orcana body. Fixed.
    - Possibly something else that I'm forgetting.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. origamania

origamania Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's a bit nitpicky, but the dialogue in the outpost still has the typo "persuit"

10. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Could have sworn I fixed that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.

Edit:
    Okay, I can confirm that the npctype file has been corrected. While I was there I even decided to add the Oxford comma. Much better. The correction will be in the next update.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  11. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Just a quick update:

B.4.2 - Save the Seafrogs!

- Fixed the seafrog ship pet. It will now spawn in your ship once again. However it will likely have a new appearance due having had visited the seafrog day spa during its absence.

- Added the krillberry recipes to the cooking collection.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  12. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Are the weapons craftable for other races?

13. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

They are craftable only by Orcana, but they can be given to and used by other races.

Crusism likes this.
  14. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I gotta ask man... whats the...

Porpoise

Of this mod?

15. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Ugh... :facepalm:

Crusism likes this.
  16. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Dont hate bro, i'm having an

WHALE

Of a time with these puns!

17. Omega_Flowely

Omega_Flowely Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm interested:
    1) Is it possible to add this race like any hairstyle? A little to diversify the look.
    2) Add some decorations in their culture (and by the way about which culture they?) Statue of somebody famous, perhaps take something from the culture of ancient China, as we hylotl samurai :)
    3) Some story missions or similar?
    Well if it is not difficult for you the author?

18. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

So, I finally had the time to give this race a good shot but - now - I have a certain question in mind: will an update for the tail animations be coming soon? X'D

It does feel rather off - moving around as an Orcana and seeing the tail stiff as a rock (kicks me out of immersion if I put too much thought into the tail, which I shouldn't).

Otherwise, everything else is darn great in that the Orcana race is quite well-established as a race with the current content... =)

Though, I am sorry if the question for the tail seems like I'm rushing or comes off as being callous. I don't mind the wait but I am just wondering since the stiff tail is quite noticeable. ><

19. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Are you asking if hair can be added? The Orcana use the Fin Style option instead of hair. It is possible to add more fin options, but that isn't high on my priority list right now.

I do have plans to add more furniture and decorations. These will be used in the Orcana villages and cities.

I've toyed with the idea of a story mission, but that will come much later if at all.

Don't worry. Tail animations are definitely going to get done.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Omega_Flowely and Crusism like this.
  20. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Where's the update?! Where is it?! Is it over there?! *goes over to a random, non-descript, location* It's not here!

But seriously though, I like what there is so far. The Roman/Greek cultural theme is a really impressive choice, and one that honestly makes the game feel more complete in a sense. I look forward to this race getting villages and settlements in, though if I may ask: when that point comes, could you make a patch for those with Frackin Universe that extends their village spawns to some of the biomes added by the mod?