1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. jakeedge04

jakeedge04 Void-Bound Voyager

i know this is a stupid question but how do i open pak files?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You don't beed to unless you want to edit the raw files of the mod. Installation of this mod and any other up-to-date pak mod is simple drag-n-drop into the mods folder.

3. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

Loving this mod, been using it for the last couple days. Although, from what I can tell, the Orcana race doesn't have their own chest with a capacity of 48 (on the wall nor on the ground). By any chance will this be implemented in sooner or later? -w-

4. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

is there a way to spawn in the items? 'm using the spawnable items back, with the manipulated UI, but they dont show up

5. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

If you really need to see what's going on in a pak file, the following thread explains how to unpack one:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

This was an oversight on my part. The Orcana will indeed be getting said storage container. I intend to develop this race to have all of the same stuff that the vanilla races have. Unfortunately I am unable to work on it as much as I'd like right now.

You can use the admin commands to spawn in all Orcana armor and tridents and well as what is currently called the tier 10 boltgun. Not sure about current weapon progression at this point...

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Has this mod been updated?

7. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Are you asking if it has been updated since Monday when it was last updated?

emeraldgreen72 and jonathonspy like this.
  8. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

thanks
    is there a wiki or something with the ID's?

9. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

No, but the boltgun in orcanatier10boltgun and the tridents are orcanatier#trident (# = 1-10). The armor is orcanatier#chest, orcanatier#pants, and orcanatier#head (# = 1-4, 5a, 5m, 5s, 6a, 6m, 6s)

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. Natural Aura

I'm not sure if you've noticed this or not yet, but the Orcana race cannot make tear 6 armor. Due to tear 3-6 all being place holder, tear 6 still requires the vanilla armor requirement in order to make. This is kind of difficult as you may know, of course the only alternatives around this is purchasing or exchanging the armor between characters. >.<

(I currently have my Avian's armor on for now. :p)

11. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

I just posted a quick fix to correct the tier 6 armor recipes.

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

I have not really been keeping to close of a watch on this race mod so I didn't know it was updated on Monday sorry

13. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

No worries.
    --- Post updated ---
    I accidentally let a few files from an old version of the mod back in before they were ready. This caused errors in the log file and various other minor anomalies. This has been fixed and a new version has been uploaded.

14. Natural Aura

Sweet, thanks! Although their is still one minor issue, not game breaking or anything, but the requirements in order to make the Orcana clothing is kind of silly... don't you think? It requires 15 cotton wool and 30 woven fabric for each outfit. While the 30 woven fabric (120 plant fibers) is fine, but 30 cotton wool is waiting for 90 cotton plants to grow. Their are 4 outfits to craft, so that would take a total of 360 cotton fibers in order to obtain all the outfits. Normally it's... what, 3 cotton wool for each outfit... so yeah. Just wondering if your planning on keeping it like that. o3o

15. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I do need to do a balancing pass. It should be the same as the recipes for vanilla clothes. Just have to add it to the list of things to do.

16. Natural Aura

By any chance, may anyone know why I randomly respawn back to my ship when exploring a dark planet? I've seen an update notice on the Avali (Triage) speaking of a bug about randomly spawning back at ship. I never experienced the bug myself (still playing as the Orcana), but perhaps the error is one in the same? (already tried removing all mods except of the Orcana Race mod.) o_O

Edit: So went back and removed all other mods once more (for the problem only got worse). I still testing, but I currently don't believe this mod is the one causing my game to bug out. Although, yes when I originally stated to problem that planet still causes me to warp back to ship randomly. A couple other bugs such as not being able to warp down and other planets randomly spawning back at ship, but with no other mods active and heading out to planets I've never been b4 the issue never arises. Which means that it isn't the Orcana (I believe), but it does mean in order to further determine the issue a I may risk bugging out other planets even further! >.<

Another Edit: Does the same this on the same planet with my avian character.

I hope you weren't trying to further understand the issue I'd originally stated, like I said, I don't believe that this mod is causing any issues. o3o

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  17. glicekun

glicekun Space Hobo

Is there any way to add more colors to the skin/pattern color choices? Also I love the mod and the design of the race/items.

18. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

B.4.0.2 - Just a Small Addition

I know I said that I wouldn't be working on things for the next couple of weeks, but I took a needed break to give you guys a bit of an update. Just a bit.

I have changed the look of the Orcana ship locker to match the newly created Orcana storage locker. Yes, you can now craft an Orcana specific storage locker for all of your hoarding needs.

That is all.

jonathonspy likes this.
  19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Oh, that's cool. I was actually going to ask for an Orcana storage locker today, because of my new Cold Storage mod which has Orcana support. Thanks for being pre-emptive!

20. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Standalone ship mod please? :love:

Simple copypasta and basic typing are all that's needed as the assets are done.