The Old Joja Building

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DaimoMac, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

There have been a few threads posted about this ugly blob polluting the the Valley about what to do with the building and I came up with an idea.

What if after Joja gets run out of town, our character can buy the building and get it renovated to suit our needs. It would be awesome to have a building dedicated for making artisan crafts or something.

• greenhorn player

greenhorn player Astral Cartographer

Or maybe they could turn it into a school house, since Penny complains about there not being one. This will also give her a job as a teacher.

• Salamander Sundaes

Salamander Sundaes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doing this could also potentially bring in new characters, and introduce some modified NPC schedules... which could really liven up the day-to-day gameplay.

• Pretty_Princess

Pretty_Princess Void-Bound Voyager

I think a school house would be ideal, but I would like anything besides that sad joja building.

Rivotril likes this.
          • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

It never even occured to me that the Joja Mart could be replaced for a small school after Morris was run out of town... that'd be a perfect way to use the space! Frankly, just as Pretty_Princess said, I would be happy if we could do something with it so it wasn't a blight in our town anymore.

ChaosAzeroth and Rivotril like this.
            • Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like it to become a store for artisan goods maybe some new recipes and supplies. AKA Hobby Lobby which seems to be the fate of a lot of the old Wal-Mart stores in this part of the country. But a school would also be nice but I think that would need an influx of children.

Focean likes this.
              • NasikaSakura

NasikaSakura Star Wrangler

That's a fantastic idea!
                Another user in a not-too-long-ago thread suggested Penny be able to become a school teacher once your own children grew to school age since there is more of a need for one. Combining these two suggestions sounds like a perfect match!

Reference "Please add to Children" by /karmicdreamwork

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
                  Rivotril likes this.
                • Selfcombusted

Selfcombusted Void-Bound Voyager

yeah, maybe you could order special books that you can only get through unlocking the schoolhouse that boost your skill or unlock new recipes or seeds.

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

I think this was suggested several times already.

• Rivotril

Rivotril Orbital Explorer

I

I like your idea, i think it should be something like a mission (optional) that you need to go and buy the building (for the city)

EDIT: and unlock new books but for the school (with the artifact spot)