Chat The Newer Monthly Event Thread - Dead or alive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lodish, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Welcome to The New Monthly Event Thread!
    This thread was originally Firepaw's, but I inherited it and will now update it instead. Long life to the monthly event!

Should we include a banner here?
    We should include one.
    Definitely.

Hello! I'm the new-er host of this place, Lodish! And this is The New Monthly Event Thread. Here we will be planning, discussing, and participating in events in the forums! The purpose of this thread is to organize the events with each other, keeping it in one thread instead of bouncing around merrily throughout other threads! While these may be unofficial events, the whole community is free to participate and throw out ideas for what they find interesting.

This is a remake of the original Monthly Event Thread, made by @Kaiachi.

So here's how it works:
    1. The community can come up with ideas or concepts for an event, and will wholly decide on a topic for the following month. If a topic cannot be decided on, we can arrange a vote/tally.
    2. The theme itself cannot break any forum rules, naturally!
    3. When a theme is decided, you could choose to change your profile picture (or anything else you decide), if you want to participate. The picture could be a modified pic, a newly made avatar, or even a picture from any other source of media (as long as you have permission to use it and aren't breaking any laws or copyrights.) Let your creativity flow!
    4. When a theme is decided, if there is a tie, then those two themes shall be the theme of that month.
    5. The event would last throughout the month, or as long as you want to participate! You can change your picture when the time is correct for you, no timezone calculation required!
    6. There is no requirement to do any of these actions. If you just want to stick around and talk about it, throw out new ideas, or perhaps even volunteer your artistic talents to make new pictures or avatars for yourself or other participants, you are most certainly welcome!
    7. All ideas, pictures, chat, and anything else that arises MUST be compliant with the IRC & Forum Rules.

CURRENT EVENT:
    Geometric

NEXT EVENT:
    :zzzweetdreams:

POSSIBLE FUTURE EVENTS:
    Who knows?

PAST EVENTS:
    September 2015 - The Great Bend of September/Gender September. Creator: Elldar
    October 2015 - Spooktacular Monstober Madness. Creator: kisspower12
    November 2015 - Medievember: The Middle Pages (Fantasy and Magic allowed!). Creator: Elldar
    December 2015 - Christmahanakwanzika - Happy Merry Whatever. Creator: Everyone collectively decided this.
    January 2016 - Dualigenderbend. Creators: Genderbending (agreed upon) and Duality (Jareix Cryvix).
    February 2016 - Dystopia/Apocalypse/Fallout. Creator: Relten, Quitaren, and a few others, collectively.
    March 2016 - Children/Chibi. Creator: Mega flapper
    April 2016 - Darkbound. Creator: Relten
    May 2016 - Inanimate objects
    June 2016 - Fancy dress
    July 2016 - Weird hats
    August 2016 - Cat versions
    September 2016 - Titles (unofficial)
    October 2016 - ∅
    November 2016 - Mythological creatures! Creator: Dragonclaw
    December 2016 - Christmas!
    ---

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] the atomic motor bike big.png the atomic santa.png

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] nuclear Duality robot human face big.png

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] rhomboid's bips art.png

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

166911.jpg images.jpg aaa.jpg Scythe(scaled).png Sketch43165449.png canopener.jpg equipment.png 4fef758c81f14cdb9b9afb03e080f63f.png stitch.png Floran_plush.png VanaFigureDONE.png image.jpg mannequin-male-abstract-head-proportion-london-NbmG.jpg 755f857e8b6a84efb4ab42d034e983cacriteriumlowres.jpg lit cigar.png Zaya s-l1000.jpg Pixel bucket 2.1.png F4VjbcP.png stuffiepaw.png Inanimate objects.png YWi0vSl.png scabbard 1.1.png gB2O4qy.png

idoO4cA.png A Real Charmer, That One.png 7pyS6lm.png fancylamine.png fancypaw(light).png Pixel Cat 2 (bowtie).png Pixel Cat 2 (bowtie2).png Dirksen JD lich (-Normal- version).png fancy scout2 .png fancy anubis with a pair of glasses.jpg zbl2Wwr.png rgbunpro_iv_by_juzlikeyu-d7ynv8n.png fancy issa.png 2n5mNKj.png

Silly Hat 1.2.png lWk4tJp.png silly hat (1).jpg sillyhat.png pineahat1.gif general nuclear poptop bite big.png sillyalkhat.png upload_2016-7-9_5-45-27.png flaphead.png jQ7VQyX.png ExwR9BW.png IMG_20160719_182656.jpg

catmine.png Avali cat version better light.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Volunteer artists:
    @Lodish
    @rhomboid
    @FactoringZettaShonic

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i found it \o/

Elldar, Relten and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  3. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Ohi, i will resume my role as shitty paint artist

4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Aha! I found it!

5. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

*kicks down door loudly* HOWDY DOODY!!

6. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Hello! How do you do?

Relten likes this.
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Amazingly!

8. General Nuclear

*has crazy face* JUST FINE DIDDILIE DO!

Marxon likes this.
  9. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I was going to the theme to Howdy Doody...but then I decided against it.

10. General Nuclear

by the way you forgot this from last christmas

the atomic motor bike big.png
    the atomic santa.png
    also this from february
    nuclear Duality robot human face big.png
    nuclear human face big.png

also this
    rhomboid's bips art.png

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  11. Firepaw Da Cat

I have a question. Should we continue with the darkbound theme for May, or should we go with a different event for May and use darkbound again some other time?
    There, I added all of them

Also does anybody remember everybody who participated in the last monthly event thread? I'd like to tag anybody who might not know about the new thread, and I want to make sure I won't miss anybody

12. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

you're gonna have to make a file on may which is tomarrow

13. Firepaw Da Cat

14. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Howdy people!

Marxon and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

INANIMATE OBJECT SUPERIORITY I mean... glad to see this thread remade... heh...

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  16. Firepaw Da Cat

Elldar and Tekari like this.
  17. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

OI OI OI I'M HERE.
    *Rolls through the window, breaks all the windows except the one I'm rolling through*
    *Perfect landing*

Iceball457, Tekari and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  18. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

It's working for me, now.

19. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

So is the current event still Darkbound? Cause I have no idea what that is.

20. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Maybe a new poll is in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.